PDA

View Full Version : Recent load/processing issues

Mikenar
Dec 5, 2014, 05:09 PM
I've always had a small bit of freezing when entering the gate area (about 1.5-2 seconds) and it doesn't really bother me, but recently whenever I access the shop visiphone or my in game options menu the game will lock up for about 45-60 seconds, this happens when I close that menu as well. I've tried it with both English patch enabled and disabled because I've had that happen rarely in the past with a new update to the patch, but that isn't solving it this time.

I don't have any unnecessary background applications running when this is happening either, so i don't believe it's a cpu load issue, anybody have this happen? If I run it in windowed, it shows PSO2 as not responding when this happens. Again, it's only when I access the shop visiphone and options menu.

I have
Intel i7 @3.0ghz
GTX 670
10gb ram

No issues with other, more demanding games either.

Mikenar
Dec 6, 2014, 12:41 PM
Problem was resolved by reinstalling program.

Edit: I ran into the issue again, but it seemed to resolve itself when I used the troubleshooting menu to reset PSO2 and Tweaker settings back to default, not sure which of the two was the root of the issue, but if you suddenly have this issue give that a shot. It occurred when I changed some settings in the PSO2 options menu in the tweaker.

Mikenar
Dec 7, 2014, 05:38 PM
Been trying to recreate the issue to isolate the cause, seems like if I change the visual settings all at once in the in-game video options it causes issues. However if I make changes one at a time and save after each, it doesn't happen again. I noticed that when I change the settings from the initial ones, I get an error in the tweaker after I start it up saying that there was an issue downloading an item translation file or something.

Will update with more results later, studying for finals so not a lot of time.

Mikenar
Dec 13, 2014, 12:10 AM
I think I found it, something about enabling direct chat causes these lockups.