PDA

View Full Version : TD1 XH vs SH; what to do for exp?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 8, 2014, 08:26 PM
The question is basically how many runs of TD1 XH are somewhat decent pugs are capable of assuming no massive class stacking going on?

After getting shunka 17 from xmas, doing TD1 XH twice, not caring about the drops (outside of the super slim chance sakura/kanran 17 show up), I really just want as much exp as i can get fast.

I'm not sure if a nearly-guaranteed triple run on SH is better, or if somewhat decent XH pugs are capable of it. Should I just do SH?

EvilMag
Dec 8, 2014, 08:31 PM
Honestly I would say stick to SH. pugs in XH TD1 are really bad atm.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 8, 2014, 08:38 PM
The question is basically how many runs of TD1 XH are somewhat decent pugs are capable of assuming no massive class stacking going on?

Out of the two times I've seen XH TD1, each occurrence was a double dip with about half the waves timing out, and on one wave 6 Vibras left the area via time out. Go SH for EXP, XH random runs are pathetic right now and you can probably reliably quad dip TD1 with randoms right now.

horseship
Dec 8, 2014, 08:39 PM
It's a lot harder to 3 run SH TD1 in PUGs now unless you're the one carrying. While I've seen a few 70s in SH on B11, most of them have moved onto XH. I've been doing SH to level my force expecting easy 3 runs, only to realize that it's pretty much the new VH in that everyone is undergeared with low leveled subs.

3 SH runs is certainly better than 2 XH runs in terms of excubes though. Not sure about experience.

Ordy
Dec 8, 2014, 08:40 PM
A decent XH TD1 pug (did I say japanese?) will give you a triple run, if they can't then the pug isn't decent.

Squal_FFVIII
Dec 8, 2014, 08:41 PM
You guys are having bad luck lol.

I've done like 4 XH TD1 EQ's and all have been good. In 2 of the EQ's we managed to do it 3 times. I was in a random JP PT though.

Today I had my "worse" one so far. Even so we managed to S rank the first and A rank the second run. That's been my "worse" so far.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 8, 2014, 08:44 PM
So it's pretty much what I expected. Thanks.

It's a lot harder to 3 run SH TD1 in PUGs now unless you're the one carrying. While I've seen a few 70s in SH on B11, most of them have moved onto XH. I've been doing SH to level my force expecting easy 3 runs, only to realize that it's pretty much the new VH in that everyone is undergeared with low leveled subs.

I have noticed this. Most groups I join for the exp gain has at least 2 people there rocking +7ed weapons/units, and excited to find 10* units.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 8, 2014, 09:06 PM
You guys are having bad luck lol.

Earlier today, for the first time, I saw a Vibras bomb detonate. I was halfway across the map fighting Vibras and only made it to the bomb a few seconds before it detonated. Nobody else responded at all, and the tower that it blew up almost had full health prior. Rotten luck is more like it.

But what you described sounds pretty good actually, if random runs can manage that then I take back what I said. I haven't acquired a rank below A so far, but the waves time out so often there's only a dozen or so rares anyway.

I have noticed this. Most groups I join for the exp gain has at least 2 people there rocking +7ed weapons/units, and excited to find 10* units.

Wow, that bad? Gross. Even the worst XH runs would be better than that, never mind!

pkemr4
Dec 8, 2014, 09:12 PM
rather do 4 sh runs or 3 sh + 1 xh for TD1

forbs
Dec 8, 2014, 10:43 PM
I've done 5 XH TD1 so far and 4 of them have been 3 runs. The only run where we failed to 3 run was because some idiot decided to be smart and spawn kill while doing literally no damage.(Sazan) Just take note that if you want to 3 run XH TD1 in pug, tower kill every wave after 3. Don't be the guy who spawn kills trying to get top 3 thinking you're doing good because you're actually not helping the MPA. :-? PUG groups are currently just not strong enough to do any type of spawn killing in the later waves and most mpas just can't make up their mind about whether to spawn kill or tower kill so if you spawnkill, you're likely be alone anyways. :V

Aine
Dec 8, 2014, 10:47 PM
for a premade 4SH+1XH is better because excubes

Z-0
Dec 8, 2014, 10:58 PM
Yes, been doing 3SH/1XH here. Planning to do 4SH/1XH if we manage to do it fast enough, although it's hard to get parties these days.

XH is honestly a waste of time. It's just SH but longer with seemingly worse cube rates, but I haven't done XH enough to really judge that. There's the XH weapons but you'd get more money from 30% affix boosters and making certain fodders with them than the time it would take to get an XH weapon.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 8, 2014, 11:00 PM
The potentials on the XH TD weapons are pretty damn good, though. The katana will be a money maker (and my next goal) when SEGA decides to tap the tap for another drip.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 8, 2014, 11:42 PM
Don't seem that great. 3% Fury Combo so you have to JA five times in a row to get better damage than a Bio weapon (8% *5 = 40% vs 3% + 6% + 9% + 12% + 15% = 45%). That's pretty shoddy for mobbing and unlikely with most bosses. Would need 4 JAs to beat out the Boulay Obs palette swap, but that potential applies to your first attack too, so it's really closer to 5 JAs still.

The multiclass is cool, but Bio's better for that too.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2014, 12:42 AM
Don't seem that great. 3% Fury Combo so you have to JA five times in a row to get better damage than a Bio weapon (8% *5 = 40% vs 3% + 6% + 9% + 12% + 15% = 45%). That's pretty shoddy for mobbing and unlikely with most bosses. Would need 4 JAs to beat out the Boulay Obs palette swap, but that potential applies to your first attack too, so it's really closer to 5 JAs still.

The multiclass is cool, but Bio's better for that too.

Points for the original latent from SEGA, but huh... didn't think of it that way. Well I don't have a problem sticking with boulay... arl was it?

Bellion
Dec 9, 2014, 12:59 AM
It's Blu-ray Arl Cowtana.
Even using step/guard would ruin the chain of attacks, so it's lame. The XH TD weapons, that is.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2014, 01:48 AM
It's Blu-ray Arl Cowtana.
Even using step/guard would ruin the chain of attacks, so it's lame. The XH TD weapons, that is.

Stop making fun of its pallete! T.T

KazukiQZ
Dec 9, 2014, 05:52 AM
^Ahaha
I use Star Quasar camo for my Boulay Arur/Arl/Arul, so all's good :)

Digital Pain
Dec 9, 2014, 11:19 AM
Am I the only one who Actually likes the look of Boulay Arl? Guess I'm just weird lol

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2014, 11:44 AM
Am I the only one who Actually likes the look of Boulay Arl?

Obviously not

Digital Pain
Dec 9, 2014, 11:51 AM
Obviously not

Space Katana for the win :-)

Nulve
Jan 5, 2015, 02:27 AM
Is Shunka still considered the best melee PA that kills things the fastest?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 5, 2015, 06:24 AM
kills things the fastest?

Technically, it never was because of hatou. Now more than ever, it's hatou>sakura>shunka.

TehCubey
Jan 5, 2015, 12:21 PM
Sazanka/Zakuro mix has better DPS than Sakura. Worse PP efficiency but then, since when a braver had PP problems?

Sakura Endo is better on groups though, because those wide slashes can hit more than one target. Still that's what kanran is for.

Either way shunka is way inferior. But even then it has some uses.

TaigaUC
Jan 6, 2015, 11:09 PM
I've done nearly every XH TD1 since it was implemented.
So far, I've only had maybe one or two decent runs. Haven't had a single 3rd run yet.
People keep ignoring bombs and towers. On XH, one person usually isn't enough to take out the bomb.
Assholes keep trying to solo wave 4, splitting up the enemy group to fight them one by one, and then usually dying.
They waste so much time that wave 4 sometimes times out.
They don't seem to understand the concept of overlapping damage.
There also seems to be an increase in people insisting on slapping WB on Ragne's butt. <- Why????

Regardless of the above, I find that TD1 (SH or XH) doesn't give that much EXP. If I recall correctly, it's always around 300k-500k with +100% EXP boosts.
TD1 used to be good for getting from 50 to 55, until SEGA increased the EQ enemy levels. Now you get hit by the penalty.
For me, TD3 still seems like the best for EXP gain. SH Magatsu is also great if you can get around 5 runs in. Next after that is probably Limited Beach with boost events, or Izanai.

The problem is multis have been sucking so much that time keeps running out. Bosses end up going home, and the tons of Goldradas at the end of some waves never show up.
Those are a huge source of EXP.
The last TD3 I was in, I held Biblas in a corner for an entire wave whilst the rest of the multi somehow lost two towers. Biblas ended up going home.
There was a partied asshole with an EN name standing at a tower doing nothing for the entire run.

Oh, that reminds me... I noticed that EN players seem much more reluctant to use an AIS.
There are usually EN players telling everyone else to use an AIS, and then nobody does. They save them all for the last wave.
I ought to update the guide and advise people to use 1 AIS per wave.
The best runs I've been in had organized AIS usage.