PDA

View Full Version : Duped items???

Colin
Apr 21, 2003, 03:02 PM
I understand this may be moved but im fairly new to PSO meaning ive NEVER actually been online withit yet... AND this may make me sound a bit dence but what IS a duped item???

Joe-Azlin
Apr 21, 2003, 03:07 PM
it is an item that was replicated by another player. they did not find it or anything like that. it is when someone takes someone elses or there own weapon (i.e. dragon slayer) and makes a complete copy of it.

Colin
Apr 21, 2003, 03:11 PM
How on earth can you create something from nothing???

Joe-Azlin
Apr 21, 2003, 03:24 PM
its not creating something from nothing. they are simply taking another item and they pretty much make a copy of it. then they can use it and give the original back or vise versa.

Colin
Apr 21, 2003, 03:34 PM
I couldn't give a monkeys now... cos im never gonna do it. Does it affect your game and whats different with it? How do you get that thingy in your signature?

IceBlink
Apr 21, 2003, 06:52 PM
On 2003-04-21 13:34, Colin wrote:
I couldn't give a monkeys now... cos im never gonna do it. Does it affect your game and whats different with it? How do you get that thingy in your signature?

Does it affect your game? Yes, to a degree. It affects the online economy of trading, basically. Items which are hard to find, and thus, worth more than other items, are now readily available, and as such, trading based on value of items is now worthless.

The weapons which are heavily duped are generally the more powerful items. This seriously unbalances the game, yet it doesn't improve the gamer's skill at playing. 95% of people using dupes will generally die before any other member in the party due to their new-found belief in their invincibility of their item.

o_O So, if you have a dupe-user in your party... be prepared to have to rescue them. A LOT. >_<

BonusKun
Apr 22, 2003, 02:11 PM
95% of people using dupes will generally die before any other member in the party due to their new-found belief in their invincibility of their item.

Am I inculded in that 95%? =(

CrazyJ
Apr 23, 2003, 02:29 AM
On 2003-04-22 12:11, BonusKun wrote:

95% of people using dupes will generally die before any other member in the party due to their new-found belief in their invincibility of their item.

Am I inculded in that 95%? =(

Most dupe users don't get past level 110...

So if you're a dupe user and you're level 198 I'd say you're in the 5% that don't need constant rescue.

CrazyJ
Apr 23, 2003, 02:31 AM
On 2003-04-21 16:52, IceBlink wrote:

Does it affect your game? Yes, to a degree. It affects the online economy of trading, basically. Items which are hard to find, and thus, worth more than other items, are now readily available, and as such, trading based on value of items is now worthless.

The weapons which are heavily duped are generally the more powerful items. This seriously unbalances the game, yet it doesn't improve the gamer's skill at playing. 95% of people using dupes will generally die before any other member in the party due to their new-found belief in their invincibility of their item.

o_O So, if you have a dupe-user in your party... be prepared to have to rescue them. A LOT. >_<

I have to say that was the most well said anti-dupe statement I have heard to date...I shall borrow from it often now.

BonusKun
Apr 23, 2003, 03:37 AM
Most dupe users don't get past level 110...

So if you're a dupe user and you're level 198 I'd say you're in the 5% that don't need constant rescue.

lol I know. I was just poking fun at Ice's comment seeing as we've played together before. A lot of the stupid shit I've seen online is pretty silly.

Example being a FOmar who thinks he's actually pwning in Ult Ruins at Level 92 with no SD, no JZ, and trying to pummel everything with an Elysion.

*heh heh* Last stupid retard that I ran into was a RAmar named Jocker @ Level 81 who has a cute Satun mag and was using a Yamigarasu.

Suffice to say can you not describe n00b any better?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-23 01:39 ]</font>

CrazyJ
Apr 23, 2003, 03:50 AM
so true.

Colin
Apr 26, 2003, 03:15 AM
Why can't dupe users get past level 110???

Colin
May 3, 2003, 04:25 AM
**bump**

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 3, 2003, 04:38 AM
What do you call a level 200 person who uses duplicated items? A patient dupe-user.
(That's an oxymoron)

Killing stuff over and over gets stale if you've already obtained all the rares through cheating. You don't even have to dupe the items yourself to achieve this.

Guile
May 3, 2003, 03:43 PM
On 2003-04-26 01:15, Colin wrote:
Why can't dupe users get past level 110???

They can, they are trying to say they dupe users will give up before lvl 110

SC2
May 4, 2003, 01:23 PM
Yah Fu<k dupers ! i say we have a battle 2 legits and 2 dupers LEGITS WILL KICK THERE ASS
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
ill host look 4 the dupers tourney online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif