PDA

View Full Version : Unable to update translation files

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 05:25 PM
http://imgur.com/DzCvRuH

thats the message i get when i open the launcher and it tries to update PSO2 tried updating through the original pso2 launcher but it loads and nothing ever happens or starts up not sure what to do no one has been helpful as they tell me to post in correct thread when i cant find which section for such problem. any help would be very much appreciated!

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 05:43 PM
There's no image there.

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 05:49 PM
http://imgur.com/DzCvRuH i honestly forgot to finish the upload process ! lol thats the message i get aswell as the one in the back the pathway is being denied yet windows firewall and my zone alarm are both off, i had no connection problems or update problems the other day before the patch that i cant seem to download

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 05:55 PM
Hmmm. Ok, so just to make sure I'm understanding, this is what's going on:

-You open the Tweaker.
-It asks you to update PSO2.
-You get the ERROR messages in the log, then get the "Failed to download translation files!"
-You tried updating from the vanilla PSO2 launcher, but it doesn't load.

Is that the jist of it?

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 05:57 PM
Absolutely spot on.

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:00 PM
Okay. Do you use the proxy, or can you connect to the servers normally?
Also, have you tried restarting your computer since this happened? I just ask since I know some people who never shut off their systems and that can cause issues sometimes.
Either way, try setting the Tweaker to run as administrator.
If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the Tweaker.

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:01 PM
Yes, i have restarted the only proxy is use is pso2proxy through the tweaker launcher

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:02 PM
Yes, i have restarted the only proxy is use is pso2proxy through the tweaker launcher
That explains why the vanilla launcher won't work.

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:04 PM
If i go into tweaker other taks and reset to JP should it work through vanilla launcher update?

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:07 PM
If i go into tweaker other taks and reset to JP should it work through vanilla launcher update?
No. If you need the proxy to play the game, that most likely means you can't connect to the servers normally, so the vanilla launcher won't connect to the update servers no matter what you do.

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:10 PM
So, what would be my next step to update? it looks like the pathway is being denied access but i have nothing that should be blocking it. any ideas?

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:10 PM
So, what would be my next step to update? it looks like the pathway is being denied access but i have nothing that should be blocking it. any ideas?
Did you try running Tweaker as admin?

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:16 PM
restarted my modem still get the same error :/

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:18 PM
http://imgur.com/SSrOdOe that is exactly whats happening as you see in the log its being denied access any thoughts?

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:21 PM
Hmmm. I think I might see the problem. You don't have the game installed to the default in the C: drive. That has caused issues for some people, though it doesn't for everyone.

EDIT: Can you go to the files themselves and do anything with them manually? Like move them out then back in?

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:22 PM
so should I uninstall pso2 and install it into C

also another problem i can even fit the installed game in my C dirve as its only like 64 gigs and windows takes up majority of that.

the game has been working flawlessly up until the other day when the update came out

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:25 PM
so should I uninstall pso2 and install it into C
Edited my previous post. To repeat what I said there: Can you manually move the files in your PSO2 win32 folder?

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:28 PM
No, I can't as i dont have the hard drive space in the C drive there isnt possibly anything i could remove to fit it

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:29 PM
No, I can't as i dont have the hard drive space in the C drive there isnt possibly anything i could remove to fit it
I just mean do you get a "denied access" error if you try to move a file out of the folder and put it somewhere else?

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:34 PM
oh, hold on let me check

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:35 PM
I can move files freely from the folder

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:38 PM
Okay, so I'll ask again, did you try to run the Tweaker in admin mode? If you did, but that didn't work, delete your "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" and redownload it.

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:39 PM
tried in admin mode, ill delete the exe and re dl it

"redownloaded tweaker exe. same error still :/

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 06:44 PM
Should i delete the entire tweak folder and its contents?

Anduril
Dec 24, 2014, 06:48 PM
You can try that. Honestly, short of double checking the permissions on the files that give the error, I'm at a loss.

webstar69
Dec 24, 2014, 07:21 PM
i honestly have no idea what to do aside from uninstalling the game and everything completely :(