PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 How to NETPLAY Phantasy Star Portable 2 For PPSSPP emulator

JCGamer
Dec 27, 2014, 08:18 AM
removed.

JCGamer
Dec 27, 2014, 09:46 AM
:lol: we working on phantasy star portable 2 infinity test run next week.. to lazy to do other thing... so just enjoy the game and don't forget to give credit to one light and me for taking the time explain how everything work.

Mystic_Nessly
Dec 27, 2014, 09:29 PM
Confirmed working EXCELLENT!!!!

My name on Evolve is MunchaKoopa! Feel free to add me if anyone wants to play Infinity!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viC4i_ebmyg

JCGamer
Dec 28, 2014, 12:14 AM
:)

Okay here the result
1. Phantasy Star Portable 2 have a frame rate skipping bit lag not heavy. but it can cause a bit skipping depend on location and area

2. Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Run 100% no lag and no frame skippping.

Connection is run 100% with other players :D

JCGamer
Dec 28, 2014, 11:42 PM
removed

JCGamer
Dec 29, 2014, 12:00 AM
yes your able to get everything from the DLM and wep and stuff.

remember dont removed them off your memstick on your ppsspp emulator.
when your dealing on multi mode your gonna get a 6 to 20 sec delay when logging in the lobby with your friends. just like I show you on my video. this is normal because its taking its time to load the DL mission off those files

JCGamer
Dec 29, 2014, 03:45 AM
:) I like to give big thanks to Krosis & Quieten for testing low rate connection with he ppsspp emulator while running psp2i and psp2. for those that running wi fi connection with very very weak signal. you have to change the frame rate skipping at 3 or higher to have the better setting for your game and connection. you have to work with the frames rate setting on the emulator to have better frame rate with the connection.

batman2
Dec 29, 2014, 07:12 AM
it won't work xD................

NicorTheDuke
Dec 29, 2014, 11:31 PM
Question is it translated in english?

Mystic_Nessly
Dec 29, 2014, 11:33 PM
Question is it translated in english?

Portable 2 is available in English, but I'm afraid Infinity hasn't been patched to be English in-game.

There are tons of translation guides though:
DeviFoxx Guide: http://www.devimension.com/dona/psp2i_guide_download.html
PSPedia2: http://psp2.psupedia.info/

JCGamer
Jan 2, 2015, 11:07 AM
it won't work xD................:-P then you DID something wrong and you must of did not do it right and to let you know that DL mission pack only work for PSP2I ^^;

Mystic_Nessly
Jan 9, 2015, 12:02 PM
JC, the new beta versions provided by PPSSPP now have the built-in adhoc + depth field hack, so there's not really a need to stay on the old verion that you provide in the links anymore

New PPSSP download:
http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

I confirmed the one of the newest versions ppsspp-v0.9.9.1-1437 worked just fine in multiplayer.

xBladeM6x
Jan 10, 2015, 02:58 AM
I'm assuming everyone who got it to work, is using Windows 8? I remember reading somewhere on the PPSSPP forums that Windows 7 won't work. When I try, I keep hanging on a loading time whenever I attempt to start a mission. It will display it's loading the first block and then just infinitely loads.

Mystic_Nessly
Jan 10, 2015, 04:16 AM
I'm assuming everyone who got it to work, is using Windows 8? I remember reading somewhere on the PPSSPP forums that Windows 7 won't work. When I try, I keep hanging on a loading time whenever I attempt to start a mission. It will display it's loading the first block and then just infinitely loads.

Hey there Blade,

In the video I was running Windows 8. JCGamer is also running Windows 8. The other folks I've played with I'm unsure.

(Regarding the issue with infinite load screen when going from Clad 6 --> mission when hosting)

That was me who mentioned there may be an issue with Windows 7 and PPSSPP online. (MunchMonkii). It IS working on Windows 7, but it seems, at least from the experience I've had w/ my machines, that Win7 machines are more likely to have the issue. What is causing the issue, I have no idea.

I'd like you to know that
= a fresh install of Windows 7 (64-bit) had the issue
= a fresh install of Windows 8 (64-bit) worked fine
* This is using the exact same hardware and PPSSPP version/folder.

Lumune over at PPSSPP has mentioned that he had WinPcap installed on his Win7 machine, and he was able to get it working.

I'll try fiddling with PPSSPP on my Win7 machines that have the issue to see if I can pinpoint the problem.

xBladeM6x
Jan 10, 2015, 07:02 AM
Hey there Blade,

In the video I was running Windows 8. JCGamer is also running Windows 8. The other folks I've played with I'm unsure.

(Regarding the issue with infinite load screen when going from Clad 6 --> mission when hosting)

That was me who mentioned there may be an issue with Windows 7 and PPSSPP online. (MunchMonkii). It IS working on Windows 7, but it seems, at least from the experience I've had w/ my machines, that Win7 machines are more likely to have the issue. What is causing the issue, I have no idea.

I'd like you to know that
= a fresh install of Windows 7 (64-bit) had the issue
= a fresh install of Windows 8 (64-bit) worked fine
* This is using the exact same hardware and PPSSPP version/folder.

Lumune over at PPSSPP has mentioned that he had WinPcap installed on his Win7 machine, and he was able to get it working.

I'll try fiddling with PPSSPP on my Win7 machines that have the issue to see if I can pinpoint the problem.
Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was just me who was having the issue there for a bit. Lol If you can figure out a solution to the problem, that would be badass. :-P The only way I know how to get it to run correctly as of this moment, is by running Windows XP in VirtualBox, starting a party and passing leader to the player using Windows XP to start missions. After that, it'll work apparently. But that's an insane step to take just for it to work.

JCGamer
Jan 10, 2015, 06:25 PM
:-) Hi Blade

now about running a Window Xp on ppsspp emulator not a problem but if your going to run ppsspp emulator with Windows xp. you need a Windows XP SP.3 with all VC++ drivers from 2008 including 2013. also you need Latest version of Direct X 9.0c and also don't run the ppsspp.exe (64bit) just run the normal ppsspp.exe for it.

besure you have the latest video driver for your video card. this very important as well when dealing with window xp with ppsspp emulator. if you dont keep up with your drivers your gonna be facing error when running the emulator with windows xp

Now for some user of windows 8 with 32bit. be sure to check that you have the latest VC++ 2013 installed in your pc and just run the ppsspp.exe don't bother running the ppsspp.exe (64bit) now your windows 8 gonna ask you do want to run it ? go to *more info* and click*run it anyways* this also apply to window 7

xBladeM6x
Jan 11, 2015, 07:35 AM
:-) Hi Blade

now about running a Window Xp on ppsspp emulator not a problem but if your going to run ppsspp emulator with Windows xp. you need a Windows XP SP.3 with all VC++ drivers from 2008 including 2013. also you need Latest version of Direct X 9.0c and also don't run the ppsspp.exe (64bit) just run the normal ppsspp.exe for it.

besure you have the latest video driver for your video card. this very important as well when dealing with window xp with ppsspp emulator. if you dont keep up with your drivers your gonna be facing error when running the emulator with windows xp

Now for some user of windows 8 with 32bit. be sure to check that you have the latest VC++ 2013 installed in your pc and just run the ppsspp.exe don't bother running the ppsspp.exe (64bit) now your windows 8 gonna ask you do want to run it ? go to *more info* and click*run it anyways* this also apply to window 7
I see, thanks. Though I'm wondering if the infinite loading bug exists on Windows Vista? I have a laptop from 2007 with Vista on it, so I'm thinking I could start missions using that computer, but I need to do some repairs first / re-install the OS since the current install is derped.

Edit: I messed around with Vista, and I still get infinite loading times. :l

Axiom
Jan 18, 2015, 01:55 PM
I did everything explained in the Video but I get a Black Screen when the first Intro music begins in PSPo2 Infinity.
Any help?

Im using Win7 64bit

Mystic_Nessly
Jan 18, 2015, 03:15 PM
I did everything explained in the Video but I get a Black Screen when the first Intro music begins in PSPo2 Infinity.
Any help?

Im using Win7 64bit

Hmm, which version of the emulator are you using? Have you tried updating DirectX drivers? Under the settings --> Graphics ---> Backend, are you using OpenGL or Direct3D9? The graphics fix only seems to work with OpenGL.

Axiom
Jan 18, 2015, 04:33 PM
Well it was on OpenGL when it didnt work but I changed it to Direct3D9 it works just fine.
Ill try to get my Gamepad to work and start some Missions and I'll let you now if I encounter some errors etc.

Btw Im the guy you commented a video from on youtube. I tried out my RemoteJoy Setup haha. maybe you remember? ;D

xBladeM6x
Feb 2, 2015, 05:51 PM
Sucks that it seems people have not figured out how to get Windows 7 users up and running. (with exceptions)

Mystic_Nessly
Feb 2, 2015, 05:55 PM
Sucks that it seems people have not figured out how to get Windows 7 users up and running. (with exceptions)
Coincidentally I've been messing around with it last night / today. Borrowed my uncle's machine for testing.

fresh install of Win 8 x64 - worked
fresh install of Win 10 tech preview x64 - worked
fresh install of Win7 Home Premium + SP1 x86 - no go
resh install of Win7 Home Premium + SP1 x86 + ALL Windows updates available - no go

* Also tried the latest version of PPSSPP that was release today (1.0), but same results.

I have no idea what could be causing the issue.

Keep in mind, that if you have that infinite loading glitch, you CAN still play with others. It's just that you can't be the host if you have that glitch.

I have Win8 on my personal machines, but if I were in your shoes and wanted to host games, I would seriously install Win8 or Win10 tech preview (available free) at least as a 2nd OS on your machine.

xBladeM6x
Feb 5, 2015, 11:16 AM
Coincidentally I've been messing around with it last night / today. Borrowed my uncle's machine for testing.

fresh install of Win 8 x64 - worked
fresh install of Win 10 tech preview x64 - worked
fresh install of Win7 Home Premium + SP1 x86 - no go
resh install of Win7 Home Premium + SP1 x86 + ALL Windows updates available - no go

* Also tried the latest version of PPSSPP that was release today (1.0), but same results.

I have no idea what could be causing the issue.

Keep in mind, that if you have that infinite loading glitch, you CAN still play with others. It's just that you can't be the host if you have that glitch.

I have Win8 on my personal machines, but if I were in your shoes and wanted to host games, I would seriously install Win8 or Win10 tech preview (available free) at least as a 2nd OS on your machine.

Installed Win10 on a separate HDD, and it works great. Thanks for the suggestion.

JC200X
Feb 7, 2015, 01:49 AM

This is making me reconsider getting back into Infinity. It's been a while.

Mystic_Nessly
Feb 7, 2015, 02:23 AM
Installed Win10 on a separate HDD, and it works great. Thanks for the suggestion.

Wohoo. Glad to hear it! If you ever feel like it, feel free to join the Evolve group to play sometime. :-D

JC200X
Feb 7, 2015, 10:24 PM
Yerp, yerp. As with xBladeM6x, installing Windows 10 did the trick and I can play via the default setting on Coldbird's Pro Online server. I'm assuming I'll have the same success if I were to try with Evolve.

How I've missed you, MAI IV.

Miyoko
Feb 8, 2015, 04:46 AM
Please tell me this works with PSP1 as well... Friend and I have been trying to play that and -infinite loading screeeeeeen-. We can get so close... One of us can get into missions and the other to the mission counter but that's as far as we go.

landman
Feb 8, 2015, 08:22 AM
Kinda off topic, but is the game finally glitch free in this emulator? I remember textures disappearing depending on the angle you were looking at them, and some other things. I'm not touching the emulated version unless it looks flawlessly beautiful like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 do.

xBladeM6x
Feb 8, 2015, 08:46 AM
Kinda off topic, but is the game finally glitch free in this emulator? I remember textures disappearing depending on the angle you were looking at them, and some other things. I'm not touching the emulated version unless it looks flawlessly beautiful like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 do.

It's basically perfect now. In the Graphics options, you'll see an option you need to check called Phantasy Star Portable 2 Depth Fix. That's what fixes that graphical stuff. If you want to play multiplayer, you need to be using Windows 8 or 10 Preview. (Or 7 if you're one of the lucky few)

Wohoo. Glad to hear it! If you ever feel like it, feel free to join the Evolve group to play sometime. :-D

I'll have to give it a try since I've never used Evolve. I look forward to it. :P

landman
Feb 8, 2015, 10:32 AM
It's basically perfect now. In the Graphics options, you'll see an option you need to check called Phantasy Star Portable 2 Depth Fix. That's what fixes that graphical stuff. If you want to play multiplayer, you need to be using Windows 8 or 10 Preview. (Or 7 if you're one of the lucky few)

Thanks! just updated it, but, texts in chats are still unreadable, was this solved with some other option?

Mystic_Nessly
Feb 8, 2015, 12:42 PM
Thanks! just updated it, but, texts in chats are still unreadable, was this solved with some other option?

Hmm that's strange. I haven't had text issues with the current version nor versions going back to October 2014. Which version of PPSSPP are you using? Are you using OpenCL or Direct9 under graphics setting? Try changing to OpenCL if you're not already using it.

xBladeM6x
Feb 8, 2015, 02:26 PM

I've never had text issues. Try using OpenGL in the graphical rendering. (Should be the top option in the graphics settings)

DayDreamer
Feb 19, 2015, 07:03 PM
I had to come back from the dead for this.

Does anyone know if this works on Android? I would love to play it on my Nvidia Shield.
I apologize if this was asked already.

ArchAngel
Mar 19, 2015, 05:18 PM
I had to come back from the dead for this.

Does anyone know if this works on Android? I would love to play it on my Nvidia Shield.
I apologize if this was asked already.

Yes, it works on android.