PDA

View Full Version : PSOX Offline Question

Durandal37
Apr 21, 2003, 06:26 PM
Okay, basically my problem is, I've bought the game... but I can't play it! I don't have X-Box Live (yes, I know it's dumb to have bought it w/o it, but you don't know how much I love this game). Anyways, I was counting on one of my friends being able to get me a Gamertag from one of his co-workers. Unfortunately, two of them that have it are tight-asses and won't let me copy their Gamertag. The one guy who is cool about it, unfortunately doesn't know jack about his X-Box Live, meaning he doesn't know how to copy it off his hard drive.

So I have two questions: first, can anyone give me detailed instructions so that even someone who doesn't know jack about their X-Box could copy their Gamertag onto a memory card for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Second, is there any other possible way to play PSOX offline without having a Gamertag on your hard drive? I doubt it, but I have to ask.

Oh, and nobody get on me for discussing copying Gamertags here, please. I'm not pirating or anything. I'm not going to be getting online with the Gamertag, or do anything with it besides use it to defeat the damned retarded requirement for having X-Box Live even to play offline. *mutters to self*

blaketx11
Apr 21, 2003, 06:37 PM
I'm not at my Xbox right now so I can't be certain of the details, but this is what I think you do:
Take out CD in friend's xbox, insert YOUR memory card, turn it on.
Go to Memory/saved games/something like that, and choose the Xbox live save file (easy to see, just scroll down to it.) Once you select it you can choose to copy it to the memory card. Once you do that, you just plug it back into your xbox and voila!
I think:d.

Blenjar
Apr 21, 2003, 07:19 PM
Here's the deal:
Ask you friend for a card, put or copy his account to a card, take the card and bring it home to play offline.
Why can't you play without a Gamertag?
Turn on the game, blah, at the screen where it says to press start, they wont be a menu for online/offline and the rest. After pressin' start, it'll ask you to choose a Gamertag, after that, it'll ask you for the 4 password. look below.. ;p

Note Do not forget to ask him for the password, and if you play pso online, he wont be able to play his games online, 2 people usin' same Gamertag can't play online at once.
Got it? Was that helpful?

Ok I'll see what I can do:

Press Start--Choose Tag
[Gamertag-Password-****]
[Gamertag-Password-****]
[Gamertag-Password-****]
[Gamertag-Password-****]
Now you going to see 3 options-
Online--choose character from 4 slots
Offline--click--single mode or multmode
Option...forgot....

After that: Each Gamertag can have 4 characters to play with & only able to transfer one character to one card to play on mult mode ONLY on any xbox.

lol sorry but I suck at explainin' stuff.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-04-21 17:31 ]</font>

Small_Guy
Apr 21, 2003, 08:23 PM
Okay here are the instructions for getting the gamertag... i'm gunna have some fun with this

Step 1: Grasp your memory card with your right or left hand and thrust slowly into either of the memory card slots. Make sure it makes a clicking noise

Step 2: Thrust your finger into the small button of your Xbox and wait for screen to load. Press the anolog stick up untill the top option is selected, then thrust your finger onto the Green button labeled "A", TWICE.

Step 3: Press the anolog stick down untill the bottem is reached, then press the Green button again, and again, and then select "COPY". Select the memory card and press the Green button.

Step 4: Thrust your finger into the small button again, and insure that your Xbox is safely off. Grasph the memory card and pull outwards at a slow speed.

Step 5: Position yourself at a spot where you can easily transport memory card to selected person. *WARNING* DO NOT HURT THE MEMORY CARD IN THE TRANSFER PROCESS *WARNING*.

Minos
Apr 21, 2003, 08:47 PM
On 2003-04-21 18:23, Small_Guy wrote:
Okay here are the instructions for getting the gamertag... i'm gunna have some fun with this

Step 1: Grasp your memory card with your right or left hand and thrust slowly into either of the memory card slots. Make sure it makes a clicking noise

Step 2: Thrust your finger into the small button of your Xbox and wait for screen to load. Press the anolog stick up untill the top option is selected, then thrust your finger onto the Green button labeled "A", TWICE.

Step 3: Press the anolog stick down untill the bottem is reached, then press the Green button again, and again, and then select "COPY". Select the memory card and press the Green button.

Step 4: Thrust your finger into the small button again, and insure that your Xbox is safely off. Grasph the memory card and pull outwards at a slow speed.

Step 5: Position yourself at a spot where you can easily transport memory card to selected person. *WARNING* DO NOT HURT THE MEMORY CARD IN THE TRANSFER PROCESS *WARNING*.

::Laughs::

They all pretty much nailed it, just consists of copying the xblive info from the harddrive onto a mem card, then bring it over to your machine.

Skuld_0
Apr 22, 2003, 11:31 AM
you can have 12 per gamer tag..just have to scroll down..heh...so thast basicly 12 per gamertag and you can make 4 gamertags ising your own..(same one, over and over) and then you can have 48 characters. heh.

Durandal37
Apr 22, 2003, 11:43 AM
Hahaha... thanks guys. I know it seems dumb, but some people really have NO IDEA how to work their X-Box. I didn't want to try and explain it in detail since I don't have a memory card and therefore didn't know exactly how to do it. Anywho, hopefully he'll be able to understand now. I'm sure the constant "thrusting" will get his attention. =D