PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Computer problems after playing game

Grimsly
Jan 2, 2015, 09:49 AM
After playing a few hours of PSO2, maybe around two, I can't open anything on my desktop, not even task manager, can't even shut down my computer, leaving me resorting to shutting it down manually.

This really only happens when I play PSO2, so I'm not sure what is causing it.

Chrysheight
Jan 2, 2015, 05:56 PM
Hmm. I don't have that problem with any of my PCs. Anything that may conflict with gameguard?

Anduril
Jan 2, 2015, 07:04 PM
I've had this problem happen a couple of times as well, though I could still open anything running in Windows Explorer (ie. My Computer, folders, etc.). If I recall, when it has happened I was trying to open Firefox while the game was running, which I'm normally able to do, but in these instances Firefox wouldn't load.

Chrysheight
Jan 2, 2015, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a gameguard issue.

Grimsly
Jan 3, 2015, 04:13 AM
If it is a gameguard issue, do you know of any ways to fix it?

I've tried disabling the firewalls for PSO2 and maybe gameguard (Not really sure how to do this). I've also made exceptions for both PSO2 and gameguard in my anti-virus.

Is there anything else that I need to do?

Fusionxglave
Jan 3, 2015, 08:53 AM
If you are using the tweaker there is an option in troubleshooting to fix gameguard issues

Calyrica
Apr 14, 2015, 05:58 PM
I have been playing for two weeks now, and have had this issue each day I play PSO2, regardless of how long I played. Today I tried to launch the game, had it crash right after getting to my character in-game, and yet this issue persisted.

I have attempted to fix gameguard issues in the tweaker before launching the game. That resulted in the above crash. I'm running the other troubleshoot options, but I do not have high expectations, as it's most likely a gameguard issue.

I can pull up the run menu with windows+r, but even typing in cmd to get a prompt open won't work, so I can't even make a .bat that'll shut my computer down manually...