PDA

View Full Version : Andrioids, how are they worth it?

shiznitty
Apr 21, 2003, 06:42 PM
This is not a post to bash androids. I've been playing pso for a long time, and all my characteres have always been humans and hunewmens. I'm always hesitant to use a android since they dont have tp, therefore restricting their healing powers. So to make this straightforward, what do androids have that make them so worthwhile? I ask this because im thinking about starting a Racast, but not sure if starting a Ramar would be better. Can someone give me convincing advice?

Math
Apr 21, 2003, 06:47 PM
On 2003-04-21 16:42, shiznitty wrote:
This is not a post to bash androids. I've been playing pso for a long time, and all my characteres have always been humans and hunewmens. I'm always hesitant to use a android since they dont have tp, therefore restricting their healing powers. So to make this straightforward, what do androids have that make them so worthwhile? I ask this because im thinking about starting a Racast, but not sure if starting a Ramar would be better. Can someone give me convincing advice?

HUcast/androids are the strongest characters in the game also have the hights HP of any one an can regen there HP by standing still.Plus they can equip more idea way befor all other hunters...an now that they have trap makes them even better because the Ice trap is auto lock down.

Yoda86
Apr 21, 2003, 07:00 PM
RAcasts are really fun to play with. I couldn't remember the last time I had som much fun playing PSO when I found out what an Android could do. As for the androids not being able to use techniques, you get past that and find out how great it is to be an android.

Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like them.

Goza
Apr 21, 2003, 07:05 PM
I can sympathize. I played a HUmar first and couldn't figure out, for the life of me, how I would ever survive as an android. I recently made a HUcast, and I'm a total convert. My HUmar is 108, and I haven't touched him since.

My HUcast is on Ultimate now, and getting smacked around, but he's only level 61. I do have the caves unlocked. I'll try to list advantages that I have found helpful.

1) Early access to higher ATP gear.
2) High damage dealing and defense.
3) Auto-trap vision.
4) Resists paralyze and poison.

For me, not having resta has actually made me a better player. Additionally, although this may sound trivial, I have more open slots. I'm a total packrat, and now I don't carry fluids, antidotes, sol atomizers, or antiparalysis. Also, your physical stats can go through the roof since you don't have to put any mind into a mag.

Early on, I could level quickly because a good mag and a high ATP meant I could use stag cutlery and such almost right off the bat. Also, the trap vision and resistance is perfect for my play style, because I would rather live and die by the sword than be annoyed to hell by little floating mines and poison spitting lillies.

The HP regen while standing still is negligible, I think. So far, at least, it isn't fast enough to be worth relying on. As for healing items, I don't make many more trips back to the shop. First, I don't have to worry about fluids. Second, you do actually find a good surplus of healing items once you get comfortable with the play style. For a while, I was feeding excess di and trimates to my mag.

Go for it. It's fun. It's totally different. For me at least, it made the game fun again.

Yoda86
Apr 21, 2003, 07:08 PM
Not to mention that because you can't use any Magic, that gives you a whole new world of experimentation with your mag. What I mean is you can never level up the mind and instead give those needed levels to some other stats on the mag.

shiznitty
Apr 21, 2003, 07:37 PM
thanks you for your opinions!!!!

Elixer
Apr 21, 2003, 08:20 PM
Androids are some of the best characters in the game. Androids usually get high atp and hp. They can SEE and USE traps. Traps to me are worth as much as magic. if your online where there is usually a force around you dont have to worry about tp that much. Traps are something thats always useful.

shiznitty
Apr 21, 2003, 08:46 PM
one last question on the racast. I was comparing the lv 80 stats and 100 stats with a ramarl, and the ramarl's stats are better. Is something wrong?

MadCowChuck_
Apr 21, 2003, 09:20 PM
In which areas is she better?

At naxm the RAcast is pretty superior in HP, ATP, and DFP. RAmarl still gets a bit more ATA and EVP, as well as good 'ol MST.

As far as this post in general goes...Androids are very beneficial to a team. They provide the power that humans and newmans generally cannot match is weaponry. Their ATP is superior to that of their puny human wealkings, they usually do much more damage with weaponry.

Also, their traps are quite useful...freeze traps have a 100% chance to freeze in a wide area, and confuse traps will confuse every monster on Three Mile Island. Fire traps and handy, too.

And the HP regeneration is a pretty small bonus, as well...not to mention the lack of status conditions.

I went with androids...and I may never go back http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif