PDA

View Full Version : Any hangout areas?

ReeceF11
Jan 4, 2015, 06:25 PM
Hey everyone! Just started playing PSO2(Ship 2) and have ran into a couple people but no-one talks :( is there any places where people just sit and talk for hours like in the old PSO 1?

landman
Jan 4, 2015, 07:55 PM
4th floor on the Guardian's Colony.

Kiyumi
Jan 4, 2015, 08:18 PM
Runescape?

Noblewine
Jan 4, 2015, 08:25 PM
You should try the other blocks in ship 2. If I recall Ship 2 has a reputation of disliking NA players or foreigners.

Your making me remember things about psu that I don't want to forget. The stupid fights or dance parties that happened on that floor.XD

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 4, 2015, 09:13 PM

Pavillion of Air.

untrustful
Jan 4, 2015, 09:24 PM
Mostly in their rooms, but it depends on the ship. Ship 2 used to have block 20 for that but they scattered around supposedly. Best way to find english people is to just talk in english in public chat.

NovaanVerdiano
Jan 4, 2015, 09:32 PM
From what I've gathered, B11 seems to be the new B20 - or at least, you often find english speaking players there.

Noblewine
Jan 4, 2015, 10:01 PM
Pavillion of Air.

White Beast.... *Hiss*

Punisher106
Jan 4, 2015, 10:14 PM
White Beast.... *Hiss*

More like White Bitch, amirite?

Anyway, you seriously shouldn't be blatantly flapping your lips in english in public. Find a trustworthy team, join it, there you go. JP players hardly ever speak in public areas. They're usually in private parties, or in their own rooms.

wefwq
Jan 4, 2015, 11:19 PM
People don't really talk much on public chat nowadays.
EN players used to have B-020 but they realize themself that they're a cancer, broke the border and scatter to any blocks.
If you wanna chat your best bet will be "most populated" Normal/Hard/Very Hard blocks, i still seen some people chatting around on public channel around there.

You probably want to find populated team for more social experience on PSO2 though.

ReeceF11
Jan 5, 2015, 05:00 AM
Its incredibly annoying, You see a big bunch of people and they just dont talk at all lol XD

FantasyHeaven
Jan 5, 2015, 05:13 AM
they realize themself that they're a cancer, broke the border and scatter to any blocks.
You wish. Visit one of the super hard blocks, B11 or B12 don't remember, you'll find the cancer isn't so easily removable.

Mildora
Jan 5, 2015, 05:46 AM
go to Very Hard blocks. I seen some EN players calling each Nii-sama and nee-chan. It's probably the most popular blocks now and days.

landman
Jan 5, 2015, 06:12 AM
Pavillion of Air.
Pavilion of Air / Guardians HQ in events were the areas to blacklist the "shop announcers" and "find party" spammers, the real 24 hours chatters were in 4th floor lol

In PSO2 I've heard the proxy chat has made b20 to scatter around and use it as the area chat.

Chimeria
Jan 5, 2015, 07:03 AM
I've found that it's easier to make friends here in the forums by joining active groups. They sometimes hold meet-ups in rooms or the red/blue clubs on the 2nd floor. I've also met some people through tumblr and other social media outlets.

If you just want to meet people in-game and just sit around. B11, B20 and even B21 sometimes has people sitting around just chatting. Half the time, it's just odd, random convo but if that's what you're looking for then those are the places to go. I've seen B08 and B10 active during certain evenings as well.

Shirai
Jan 5, 2015, 08:09 AM
I've found that it's easier to make friends here in the forums by joining active groups. They sometimes hold meet-ups in rooms or the red/blue clubs on the 2nd floor. I've also met some people through tumblr and other social media outlets.

If you just want to meet people in-game and just sit around. B11, B20 and even B21 sometimes has people sitting around just chatting. Half the time, it's just odd, random convo but if that's what you're looking for then those are the places to go. I've seen B08 and B10 active during certain evenings as well.
Oh? Time to join some active psow groups! More friends the better

I'd say teams are the best bet to find social people, unfortunately. :-? There's probably a decent amount of teams that are quite active out there.

Not gonna lie, the people that do talk in public chat do seem kind of whacky with their random (and sometimes inappropriate) convos of all sorts.

Chimeria
Jan 5, 2015, 08:26 AM
Oh? Time to join some active psow groups! More friends the better

I'd say teams are the best bet to find social people, unfortunately. :-? There's probably a decent amount of teams that are quite active out there.

Not gonna lie, the people that do talk in public chat do seem kind of whacky with their random (and sometimes inappropriate) convos of all sorts.

Yep...whacky indeed. I personally choose to stay away from it. Basically the same type of conversation that goes on through the Proxy Channel Chat is what occurs in the blocks I named. But once again, maybe that's what the OP wants?

And teams are hit or miss for me as well. You have to keep in mind that some people live in different time-zones so they may not be on at the same time as you are very often. Plus, I've come across some real a-hole teams as well...I've only joined one team that was active daily and had alot of nice people but they were SA happy and loved to bombard the chat with them. They were very helpful to newcomers and everyone was pleasant for the most part. (The team was called strawhat if anyone's wondering) They're still around actually. I felt like I just didn't fit in.

The groups here are a pretty useful tool to make friends. Just look and see how often people post, maybe send some visitor messages, and meet up eventually. It's cool because with PSOW being this sort of "tight-nit community," everyone kind of knows each other. I've met so many people through other people on this website.

Shinamori
Jan 5, 2015, 10:06 AM
Its incredibly annoying, You see a big bunch of people and they just dont talk at all lol XD

It's the reverse for me.

ReeceF11
Jan 5, 2015, 12:03 PM

Where abouts to people sit and chat tho? It was just great how in PSU you could just sit next to someone and talk to them for hours about anything without getting bored at all but this just seems TOTALLY different like its lost its social aspect.

Chimeria
Jan 5, 2015, 12:08 PM
Where abouts to people sit and chat tho? It was just great how in PSU you could just sit next to someone and talk to them for hours about anything without getting bored at all but this just seems TOTALLY different like its lost its social aspect.

Here I put it in bold for you this time... >_>

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 5, 2015, 12:10 PM

Or just go outside instead of playing a game just to sit in a lobby and chat.

ReeceF11
Jan 5, 2015, 12:15 PM
Or just go outside instead of playing a game just to sit in a lobby and chat.

I'm not really sure why your "trying" to insult me by saying I don't go out :-D My real job is mainly socializing with people this is just a pastime I enjoy doing...

wefwq
Jan 5, 2015, 01:36 PM
You wish. Visit one of the super hard blocks, B11 or B12 don't remember, you'll find the cancer isn't so easily removable.
They're basically just scatter around instead of "hanging out" on their usual containment block, XH/UQ block are basically the new B-020 on greater scale.

I'm not really sure why your "trying" to insult me by saying I don't go out :grin: My real job is mainly socializing with people this is just a pastime I enjoy doing...
Get yourself a populated and active team, then make some friends there.

Noblewine
Jan 5, 2015, 08:30 PM
The PSO-World forums is a good start for finding a group to run missions and socialize. Try saying "I'm new." or looking for friends.." Meeting people is a gamble to be honest. PSO2 fixed an issue that made PSU worse because they created a lot of mission counters spreading them all over each planet and the Guardian Colony.

Z-0
Jan 5, 2015, 10:48 PM
Difference here is that you're in a different cultural space. It's to be expected that things aren't the same.

That being said, most English people seem to hang on B11 or B13 these days, but I really am not a fan of clogging up those blocks as they're the main SH blocks and it feels hella rude to spam English chat there.

starwind75043
Jan 6, 2015, 03:54 PM
b20 still some what decently populated with English players chating or AFKing

proxy irc that connects with players using proxy in game. ITs goodway to find people to do stuff with like ta's, xqcos or DO

psouser23
Jan 7, 2015, 04:42 AM
I haven't started yet but it would be helpful I would think to know where everyone is!

NoiseHERO
Jan 7, 2015, 05:01 AM
Yeah. Between my legs. >D

Noblewine
Jan 7, 2015, 08:17 PM
Mostly in their rooms, but it depends on the ship. Ship 2 used to have block 20 for that but they scattered around supposedly. Best way to find english people is to just talk in english in public chat.

From what I've gathered, B11 seems to be the new B20 - or at least, you often find english speaking players there.

^ This is good advice. The trolls mean no harm.

Welcome to pso-world.