PDA

View Full Version : PC Stuttering issue, GTX 970

iTyphlosion
Jan 6, 2015, 11:58 PM
Hey guys,

so I recently upgraded my GPU to a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5 (NOT the G1 gaming edition), and I have noticed that PSO2 stutters consistently. My old ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB DDR5 did not stutter and ran the game buttery smooth.

The rest of my specs are as follows:
AMD FX-8120 CPU
GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard
8GB ADATA RAM

I understand that my CPU and RAM could possibly be bottlenecking my GPU for more demanding games, but for PSO2 I shouldn't be experiencing this issue. I run Skyrim on an Ultra preset with PureVision ENB and grass on steroids with flora overhaul, alongside other tweaks, and my PC runs just fine. So, I'm just lost as to why PSO2 (and ArcheAge, actually) both have fluxuating FPS while more demanding games like Skyrim with tonnes of mods runs smooth with no troubles.

Chrysheight
Jan 7, 2015, 04:05 PM
Welcome to online gaming. Your pc is fine. Same with my i5-2500k, 8gb ram, and my GTX 560. Not as high end on gpu, but I don't stutter in offline games, online games, stutter aplenty.

iTyphlosion
Jan 7, 2015, 06:46 PM
I get that online gameplay is different from offline and stuttering is expected, but it's odd that a high-end GPU can stutter when a mid-range gpu runs just fine in the same game.

Chrysheight
Jan 7, 2015, 11:24 PM
What do you mean a mid-range gpu runs just fine? Talking about mine? Mine stutters too. Online.

Anduril
Jan 8, 2015, 02:34 AM
What do you mean a mid-range gpu runs just fine? Talking about mine? Mine stutters too. Online.
He means his previous AMD Radeon card.

Have you double checked to make sure you have the most recent drivers; did you make sure to properly uninstall the drivers from your previous card? Also, check the game's graphics settings, maybe something got changed in regards to FPS when you switched cards.

Z-0
Jan 9, 2015, 01:38 AM
Your CPU is bottlenecking. PSO2 is horribly optimised and doesn't allocate resources properly (it mostly uses the GPU, and CPU can fly to 100% randomly, even though it's mostly low).

FX8120 doesn't work too well with a 970.