PDA

View Full Version : Beats and Maps

FluxGryphon
Apr 21, 2003, 07:33 PM
Whilst hunting the infamous Egg Rappy today, I noticed that which map appeared seems to correspond with whether the beat time is odd or even. Variation 1 (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=829)appeared when the number was odd, and variation 2 appeared when the number was even. If the beat bar was over half way full, what map appeared was based on the rounded up number.

Since it was so interesting to actually find some kind of simple correlation to the beats, I thought it worthy of posting about.

MadCowChuck_
Apr 21, 2003, 07:35 PM
Hmmm...this is a very interesting thought...did the variation depend on the number of beats entering the VR area or the number of beats when you created/entered the game?

FluxGryphon
Apr 22, 2003, 02:52 AM
I think it depended upon the number of beats when making the game. If I diddled around about a half a beat or full beat before going down the map would appear based on the earlier beat number.

Axon13
Apr 22, 2003, 03:07 AM
it's nice to know that beats actually do something now

rena-ko
Apr 22, 2003, 03:29 AM
they do a lot actually, but this is a very nice discovery ^-^ (especially when one map has more rappies than the other one)

congrats & thanks ^_^

FluxGryphon
Apr 23, 2003, 09:16 PM
No problem. ^v^ Kind of strange that no one noticed this before...I wonder how this works on other areas, like in Episode I.

Vanango
Apr 23, 2003, 10:59 PM
excellend observation! Thanks ^-^

Soukosa
Apr 23, 2003, 11:46 PM
I read your reply in that one post where you first discussed what you noticed. I then took that in consideration when I was looking for Rappies and didn't see it myself. This theory also doesn't go well with levels that have more than 2 variations. Whether your theory is correct or not, I still finding it interesting.

Tulathis
Apr 24, 2003, 03:29 AM
Whilst hunting the infamous Egg Rappy today, I noticed that which map appeared seems to correspond with whether the beat time is odd or even.
So is the map determined based on the beat time at the creation of the game or when you first enter the level?

rena-ko
Apr 24, 2003, 07:04 AM
i researched this yesterday and i think its when you create the game, not when you load the area.

maybe for more variations its another formula... like... beats/2 rest -> if rest 1 -> pattern 1, if rest 2 -> pattern2
or like... beats/3 rest -> if like above and if rest 3 -> pattern 3?

would have to check this first - also how this works offline (starting game?... when does the game actually start? and so on).