PDA

View Full Version : Sonic and the black knight is batshit insane

ShinMaruku
Jan 13, 2015, 07:57 PM
This whole game has me in tears with it's insanity. And now when you think about it the story and the style of the game is kinda brilliant and a high level troll.
Take the beginning where it makes you feel: "a new series, can it be??? FINALLY A NEW SHINING FORCE???" *Sonic drops from the skies* "-_-"
Also Melina being a great plot twist in that people are too freaked out about Elise and the other girl making her make he look like heroine, when she's more of a tragic figure and the real antagonist.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091031230922/sonic/images/4/49/CorruptedMerlina.png

Sega why are you trying to kill me. XD

Noblewine
Jan 14, 2015, 03:32 AM
This is SEGA were talking about after all. I prefer the sega genesis sonic game to be honest though the GBA version weren't bad.

The Walrus
Jan 14, 2015, 11:42 AM
what.

ShinMaruku
Jan 14, 2015, 02:50 PM
This is SEGA were talking about after all. I prefer the sega genesis sonic game to be honest though the GBA version weren't bad.

If this game had a more solid gameplay frame work that would match the style of the presentation and the subversiviness of the plot, this game would have been the match of generations. Hell I'd rate it over of the gameplay was great.

Noblewine
Jan 14, 2015, 09:03 PM
The plot in most of the newer sonic games usually are meh. SEGA is trying to hard to appeal newcomers with graphics and gameplay. Colors had some good ideas. They should try and be more creative. Oh whatever you do don't play Sonic boom: Rise of Lyric. Its aweful.

ShinMaruku
Jan 15, 2015, 12:47 AM
Oh I wont't but this game is art. Sega should iterate and move it off wii and to more consoles.

Noblewine
Jan 15, 2015, 01:01 AM
The gameplay looked okay from what I saw. Sega needs to try harder and not reuse old ideas.

ShinMaruku
Jan 15, 2015, 01:42 AM
The gameplay looked okay from what I saw. Sega needs to try harder and not reuse old ideas.
Gameplay was inconsisten. The main fucking issue with Sonic is sega is always not using old ideas, they try something and then they toss it for something new and the ignore the good part and go into a bad direction. There are 3 great games they could iterate on and really build something great from.

Noblewine
Jan 15, 2015, 01:54 AM
I meant Generation. I wouldn't mind if they gave sonic a break and made a game about Blaze.

yoshiblue
Jan 15, 2015, 03:13 AM
Sega could do a Blaze fan fiction contest, with the winner getting a game based around their originalthecharacter story.:coffin:

Though to be honest, I had no real issues with Biollante being a thing. Or was that another monster?

Akaimizu
Jan 15, 2015, 10:59 AM
IMO. Sonic Generations was the last great Sonic game. I felt everything really came all together, in that one. I tend to care less about story in a Sonic game, as long as the gameplay is solid.

Sonic Boom is sort of an opposite sketch. The odd part is that the story and presentation of it, is probably at its highest in the series, with that game. Shame the gameplay is rather inconsistent due to it being completely rushed to the stores. I wouldn't call it '06 bad since that one was rather hard to avoid glitching through stuff right from the beginning. Boom had that stuff a lot less and only in specific avoidable spots. The biggest disappointment is the fall from Generations. It's like Sonic works in peaks and valleys. T

They hit high with Generations (after a rising in quality from Unleashed, to Colors), then they come down a little bit with Lost World. Still not bad, but definitely seems down from Generations. Then they come down further with Boom. Even handing it off to another person, they should realize they can't short change a product release schedule with a Sonic game. It just isn't meant to be a *licensed* release product. It'll just get treated like TMNT, then. Sonic is now a sine wave?

Noblewine
Jan 15, 2015, 08:05 PM
I don't agree, Nostalgia shouldn't play a role when designing a new game by means of reusing old ideas, temples or reused soundaffect /music from older sonic games. Gameplay is important but I like to see something "innovative" and "new not "old" and "reused". Of course SEGA is going to milk the sonic franchise. The same thing happened to Megaman and looked what happened to it. Capcom drove it into the ground blaming their fans for not giving them enough ideas as they were working on Megaman legends 3 (forgot the name).
Granted the games you meantioned did try some new things and that's good. I prefer that. One thing I don't like is game-breaking bugs and shortcuts implemented jus to make a quick buck off of nostalgic Sonic fans.