PDA

View Full Version : Gear advice for a returning player

Gardios
Jan 15, 2015, 09:35 PM
Soooo, I haven't played since the DDoSpocalypse occured but am playing again now. Since a lot has changed there's a lot for me to catch up on, and I figured the first thing I should do was to get new fashion equipment. I'm TeHu with support/tank build.

1. Weapons: I'm currently using Elysion, a crappy sword crafted for TE-usability and the Luther all-class partizan. I really have no clue what to use now, so I'm open for everything.

2. Units: I have the Luther set right now, which was pretty average even when it was first released so I doubt it's any better now. I guess the best set right now is crafted Saiki, but that seems like it'd take a while to get, so what would be my second best choice? Faren set?

3. Affix: 3s was the cheap standard pre-EP3, is that still the case or is it 4s/5s now? I've only really done soul/stat/stat, so I'm pretty clueless with other combinations and how to do them, especially now that they've changed affixing.

TehCubey
Jan 15, 2015, 09:49 PM
The saiki set can be bought from player shops - the 7* version at least, but when people talk about crafting it they mean those. The crafting is the difficult part, or at least resource-intensive.

Alternatively you can take Zieg's crafting orders for 11* units. They are good too.

Walkure
Jan 15, 2015, 09:51 PM
LonelyGaruga posted these recommended wands (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3215368#post3215368), and suggested Faren for support-tanky Te/Hu here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3226307#post3226307). I'll just defer to his advice here, since I'm not nearly as knowledgeable on TE.

Perfect Chaos
Jan 16, 2015, 12:45 AM
the 7* version at least, but when people talk about crafting it they mean those.Crafting the 7* knockoffs is still greatly inferior to crafting the 11* set, as that's a 15 PP difference, FYI.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 16, 2015, 01:24 AM
LonelyGaruga posted these recommended wands (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3215368#post3215368), and suggested Faren for support-tanky Te/Hu here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3226307#post3226307). I'll just defer to his advice here, since I'm not nearly as knowledgeable on TE.

Don't say such an embarrassing thing!

I actually wrote a full length guide on Techer in general, but the thread wasn't bumped because Qoxolg edited it into the thread and I didn't think to say "HEY LOOK AT WHAT I WROTE!" so that people would actually know to check.

Maybe I should have done that.

Read it here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3092511#post3092511)!

More importantly, I need to apologize for that wand list, I prioritized single target damage there instead of trying to balance it out like I did with the guide. Seras Cure and Pristine Small Hammer are better than Noire Wand and Traitor Cage for multiple targets and have better overall damage.

Pristine Small Hammer is really accessible thanks to Magatsu dropping it, so a rainbow or however many you want of those is really easy to get. Would recommend that as a starting point for wands. For other weapons, Soul Banish is really cheap but kinda hard to acquire from drops (level 66+ Solda Kapita), best Techer Slide End and slightly higher stats than Trident Crusher, and you don't need a matching element for the potential like with Trident Crusher. Trident Crusher does every other PA better though. WL selection is kinda lame outside of Glorious Wing though. Swords are bad.

Faren set is best for purely defensive purposes, but 4 PP and 50 ATK. Since Te/Hu has the lowest PP expenditure of all the usual Techer combos and Techer is already the class with the lowest need for PP, I don't think this is too big of a deal (the low ATK is lame though), but if you wanna use Hunter weapons more, or want more ATK, Brisa or Saiki (both uncrafted) might suit you better. Crafted units have the highest striking bulk for the +100 HP craft (4% strike resist per unit as well), but 0 PP and inferior overall bulk to Faren. Could craft XQ units for the 90 ATK though, that would be the most offensive oriented option.

For affixing, 4-5s is reasonably easy enough to do now, but 3s isn't bad. Something like Pow III/Tech III/Ringa Soul, I dunno. Maybe Pow III/Abi III/Ringa Soul, or Vol Soul instead for more S-ATK/HP, or maybe Bayari Soul for S-ATK and PP, or Diabo Soul for T-ATK and HP. It's really dependent on your priorities, gonna have to ask for what you're looking for to more accurately give suggestions.

For affixing changes themselves, things like Modulator and Flict/Arma affixes can now actually be put on units in combination with a Soul affix. Fever affixes have really high transfer rates (about the same as stat IIIs) and are basically Souls, but 10 ATK/5-10 HP/1-2. No hybrid Fevers yet. I forget if es was around when the DDoS happened, it has that Soul Receptor that lets you affix a Soul at a 100% success rate even if you have just 1 Soul. Big help for getting Soul + Modulator or whatnot.

Just a note, even though you can now use 5 materials when affixing now, having multiple of the same affix between all the materials stops applying a bonus at the 3rd affix. Still need 3 Flict/Arma affixes to transfer, and adding any more won't boost the affix rate one bit.

TehCubey
Jan 16, 2015, 02:22 AM
Crafting the 7* knockoffs is still greatly inferior to crafting the 11* set, as that's a 15 PP difference, FYI.

That's true. For some reason I was under impression both sets provided an identical bonus but it's +10 PP for hiei and +25 for saiki. Disregard that part then.

Zieg units is what I still consider the best though in terms of ease of obtain to usefulness ratio.

Perfect Chaos
Jan 16, 2015, 03:49 AM
Fever affixes have really high transfer rates (about the same as stat IIIs)Fever abilities have a base pass rate of 100% with just 1, so it's more comparable to "junk" abilities in terms of pass rate.

Gardios
Jan 16, 2015, 12:28 PM
Very helpful, thanks. I'll settle for Faren and Pristine Small Hammers.

As for affixes, I really couldn't care less about PP on TeHu. What 5s affix combination would be recommended if my priorities were S-ATK > T-ATK >>> HP (and ideally, what would the fodders look like)?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 16, 2015, 12:39 PM
Uh...probably Bayari Soul/Power III/Power Boost/Ability III/Technique III. But that gives 0 HP.
Might go Vol Soul instead of Bayari Soul.

I haven't gotten to the step for figuring out fodders to use for myself so I'm helpless at them, gonna need someone else for that.

TaigaUC
Jan 16, 2015, 01:04 PM
Not 5 slot, but I like to slap Ultimate Quest soul + Stat3 + Ability 3 + Vinculm on weapons now.
Should be 100 attack, for a decent price. Use Anga Soul to boost Vinculm.

Gardios
Jan 17, 2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the replies, I know what to get now. :)

Selphea
Jan 17, 2015, 08:15 PM
Uh...probably Bayari Soul/Power III/Power Boost/Ability III/Technique III. But that gives 0 HP.
Might go Vol Soul instead of Bayari Soul.

I haven't gotten to the step for figuring out fodders to use for myself so I'm helpless at them, gonna need someone else for that.

Outside boost week this is probably the best you can get:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/gFl26Mt.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Just need to make sure the Gwana/Pow, Elder/Tech and Pow/Tech fodders are the same item to get the same item bonus.

I'd go with Love Fever for 99% across the board outside boost week though.

Without upslotting, just drop the Pow/Tech fodder and same item bonus, although if not upslotting I'd put Bayari/Vinc on the base item, drop the Pow/Tech and Shoot fodder and go for Bayari/Pow3/Tech3/Vinc/Pow Boost.

Charmeleon
Jan 17, 2015, 08:33 PM
The "same" bonus is broken if any of the weapons or units are different. It doesn't matter if 5 are the same and 1 is different, you lose the bonus. In this case you would be limited by what units you can get Soul Receptor on, which would likely be crappy 1-6* units you wouldn't want to use.

I would recommend affixing modulator instead of both power and technique. 5s with modulator will be very expensive upslot or not, while upslotting modulator from 3 makes 4s relatively inexpensive and not so risky (86% chance from 3 to 4 with a 30%).

Selphea
Jan 17, 2015, 09:35 PM
The "same" bonus is broken if any of the weapons or units are different. It doesn't matter if 5 are the same and 1 is different, you lose the bonus. In this case you would be limited by what units you can get Soul Receptor on, which would likely be crappy 1-6* units you wouldn't want to use.

I would recommend affixing modulator instead of both power and technique. 5s with modulator will be very expensive upslot or not, while upslotting modulator from 3 makes 4s relatively inexpensive and not so risky (86% chance from 3 to 4 with a 30%).

Eww :S

I was actually going to experiment with that using a cheap Hiei set and fodder so thanks for saving the effort.