PDA

View Full Version : PC pso2updater.exe not wanting to update... AT ALL

KashaRin0
Jan 20, 2015, 10:20 AM
Good morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night to everyone.

Hearing that PSO2 has finally been unlocked for all regions, I decided that it was time to try it out. After successfully defeating the terrifying Japanese Captcha, I downloaded the PSO2 installer delivered by AIDA in her torrent, installing it without any troubles and ran pso2launcher to pre-update it.

But suddenly, things turned dark... The update went pretty fast and then i received this message. "I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart"

So I thought "Hey, it's done ! Just let me re-launch it to check !". After re-launching it, I received the exact same message. And after closing it, this spawn of Satan showed up. "Error. has canceled the launch of pso2updater.exe
file is not updated."

Since that message, I've tried everything I thought. "Checking for PSO2 updates, checking for old/missing/corrupted data, turning my antivirus off, re-installing the full thing and the tweaker, but nothing. NOTHING. HELPS ME BEATING THIS ONE WALL.

So if anyone is kind enough to help me with this issue, I've already seen some posts about the same problem and tried the solutions given, but none of them works for me.

I wish you all a nice day and a great continuation in PSO2, wishing I will be able to join soon !

Dammy
Jan 21, 2015, 04:28 AM
greetings and welcome to PSOW
when you see "I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart" , DO NOT CLICK OK, add permission to pso2updater.exe manually first, and only then hit OK button

problem is - you update old file with new one, but you cant launch new one because you dont have a permission yet