PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to PSO2es?

Achelousaurus
Jan 28, 2015, 03:42 PM
I'm about to start and I don't know which class to use.
And I don't even know which character to link.

I just read you get 20% of your lvl exp when lvling up the character in PSO2, so does it make more sense to use one of my low lvl characters or should I ratehr use my main with all classes lvl 70+ (and for which reasons?).

And what transfers between the games?
I recently got my skilled trainer charm in PSO2, would this transfer? And how about items, can I just put them into storage and access them in either game? Can I just carry around my pot 3 mkb in PSO2es or would I have to find a new one in PSO2es and unlock pot 1 with it inside PSO2es?

Any more tips on how to play PSO2es efficiently and how to best farm Soul Receptor?

Anduril
Jan 28, 2015, 03:52 PM

I just read you get 20% of your lvl exp when lvling up the character in PSO2, so does it make more sense to use one of my low lvl characters or should I ratehr use my main with all classes lvl 70+ (and for which reasons?).

I recently got my skilled trainer charm in PSO2, would this transfer? And how about items, can I just put them into storage and access them in either game? Can I just carry around my pot 3 mkb in PSO2es or would I have to find a new one in PSO2es and unlock pot 1 with it inside PSO2es?

Any more tips on how to play PSO2es efficiently and how to best farm Soul Receptor?

The EXP sharing is based on your PSO2es level, so the higher level you are in PSO2es, the more EXP from PSO2 you can transfer over, and all EXP (and Meseta) gained in PSO2es transfers over to PSO2 up to 1EXP before lv75/an ExCube. You share your inventory between PSO2 and PSO2es, so any items you have on you are usable for either, and you can use any weapon, but you take stat hits to them depending on your level/class; you can't access storage. I'm not sure if potentials even work in PSO2es. Soul Receptor only comes from boss encounters, so the best thing to do is to play through all the missions to get maximum Drive, then play the mission with the boss you want/with multiple boss encounters.

Batty
Jan 28, 2015, 06:17 PM
The EXP sharing is based on your PSO2es level, so the higher level you are in PSO2es, the more EXP from PSO2 you can transfer over, and all EXP (and Meseta) gained in PSO2es transfers over to PSO2 up to 1EXP before lv75/an ExCube. You share your inventory between PSO2 and PSO2es, so any items you have on you are usable for either, and you can use any weapon, but you take stat hits to them depending on your level/class; you can't access storage. I'm not sure if potentials even work in PSO2es. Soul Receptor only comes from boss encounters, so the best thing to do is to play through all the missions to get maximum Drive, then play the mission with the boss you want/with multiple boss encounters.

all the exp from "PSO2es" is transfered to "PSO2"? all of it? then i could let say lv my main class in pso2 and my sub class in pso2es?

Anduril
Jan 28, 2015, 06:28 PM
all the exp from "PSO2es" is transfered to "PSO2"? all of it? then i could let say lv my main class in pso2 and my sub class in pso2es?
Pretty much. Here's how it works:
Let's say it is the first time you log into PSO2es, you've linked your character, and you've picked your class, let's say Gunner. You then gain 1000EXP as Gunner, and log out (You can see how much EXP will be transferred over from PSO2es to PSO2 via the Character Information screen; it should show that you can collect enough EXP to meet your current level cap -1EXP). When you next log in to PSO2, that 1000EXP will be added to the EXP of your Gunner class. Then, you gain EXP in PSO2, let's say, as a Hunter; in the Class Information screen, you'll see how much linked EXP you can take back to PSO2es. Log out of PSO2, log in to PSO2es and the linked EXP from PSO2 will be applied to the Hunter class in PSO2es.

There are some limitations, since running missions in PSO2es is tied to the Drive gauge, but leveling does restore the gauge to full.

Since I'm Bouncer level 75 in PSO2, the amount of EXP needed to an ExCube is 1,956,721, but in PSO2es it shows that I can only gain 1,956,720EXP.
[spoiler-box]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/AndurilCh/PSOWorld/pso20150128_153516_000_zpsdb278d59.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/AndurilCh/PSOWorld/Screenshot_2015-01-28-15-31-10_zpsc08dd702.png[/spoiler-box]

And although I'm Braver level 71 in PSO2, in PSO2es I'm a much lower level, so I can only transfer 1887EXP from PSO2 to PSO2es at a time.
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/AndurilCh/PSOWorld/pso20150128_153527_001_zps0be93179.png[/spoiler-box]

Batty
Jan 28, 2015, 06:45 PM
ic, thanks for the info :) i want to lv a tankish tech/hu character, but i dont like starting from scratch again, so ill just lv the tech in pso2es and the hunter in pso2

Anduril
Jan 28, 2015, 07:27 PM
ic, thanks for the info :) i want to lv a tankish tech/hu character, but i dont like starting from scratch again, so ill just lv the tech in pso2es and the hunter in pso2
It is a nice supplement, since the 10% EXP subclass can get until lv55 can be excruciatingly slow, even with COs.

Lyrise
Jan 28, 2015, 08:15 PM
Some of this information is going to be a repeat of what's already been posted, but I want to make sure everything asked is covered.

You lose nothing for linking them all. So go ahead and link them all. As for what class to use? Use the one you want to level or play. If you want nothing but to farm class cubes for classes you won't play in PC, play them in es then. All weapons chips in es, aren't entirely bound to class or level restrictions. However, Any weapon you use has a proficiency requirement, stated in levels. When you are under the required level, you may only use a portion of the weapon's power. When you are at or above the requirement, you can use the weapon at full power. When you are using a weapon that's meant for your class (including added classes and all class weapons) the level requirement for the weapon goes down. For example, and Orochiagito has a requirement of level 83. If you use it as a level 1 character, that's not a Braver, you can access about 1.1% of its full power. If you are a Braver, the level requirement drops to 63. Since es characters max at 65 currently, you can only use an Orochiagito at full power when you are a Braver at level 63 or higher. Remember that if the weapon is all class or has added classes, they do apply to es, and will drop the required level.

Actually the exp is 1:1, but you can only carry over max 5% of your TNL value when going from PC → es. es → PC, however is 1:1 until absolute max exp. minus 1 point. So if your PC character is already 75, you can use es to earn exp for your PC character until your exp hits 1 point right before you would get the EXcube. At that point, you would need to log in and get that 1 point. Then you can go back to es and play until you hit (TNL-1). Anduril already covers the need to flush out your exp stock in above posts when you are transferring exp from PC to es. (You have to log into es a few times otherwise you can't transfer more exp.)

Potentials do nothing at all for es. They are trying to make the affixes work in es (they don't do anything currently)

Focus on maxing out your chip capacity. And when there's an EM event announced make sure you participate as much as you can - em events are loaded in Soul receptors and free cubes. With the new change, you can run EMs once per operation point you have (to a max of 6) and OPoints recover at 1 point every 20 minutes.

Otherwise, run boss quests as much as you can if the goal is receptors. If exp, just run as far as you can in terms of content.

Achelousaurus
Jan 29, 2015, 06:30 AM
Thanks a lot!

Batty
Jan 29, 2015, 08:41 AM
Actually the exp is 1:1, but you can only carry over max 5% of your TNL value when going from PC → es. es → PC, however is 1:1 until absolute max exp. minus 1 point. So if your PC character is already 75, you can use es to earn exp for your PC character until your exp hits 1 point right before you would get the EXcube. At that point, you would need to log in and get that 1 point. Then you can go back to es and play until you hit (TNL-1). Anduril already covers the need to flush out your exp stock in above posts when you are transferring exp from PC to es. (You have to log into es a few times otherwise you can't transfer more exp.)

hmm thats odd, i leveled yesterday my character techer lv after finally unlocking it in pso2es to 15 in pso2es, but today when i come to log with my pso2 character his techer lv is only 10

Sizustar
Jan 29, 2015, 09:58 AM
hmm thats odd, i leveled yesterday my character techer lv after finally unlocking it in pso2es to 15 in pso2es, but today when i come to log with my pso2 character his techer lv is only 10

Exp requirement isn't the same between the game.

Achelousaurus
Jan 29, 2015, 04:45 PM
Is there kind of guide about the basics?
I don't even know how to dodge or use PAs (everything in Japanese) and I somehow could equip the units in my inventory, but not the weapons.

Lyrise
Jan 29, 2015, 05:01 PM
To equip weapons, units or change class, it's the 4th button on the main menu (装備).
The first option in this menu is to equip chips and weapons, the second one for units, and the 3rd one is for classes.

To dash/step/evade, slide your finger on the screen in the direction you wish to step in.

To use a PA, you need a PA chip equipped. PA chips are restricted to the weapon type - you can't equip PAs that don't correspond with the correct weapon.

Anduril
Jan 29, 2015, 05:48 PM
Is there kind of guide about the basics?
I don't even know how to dodge or use PAs (everything in Japanese) and I somehow could equip the units in my inventory, but not the weapons.
Bumped (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/)has a guide that gets updated regularly.