PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2 slim

Noblewine
Jan 30, 2015, 10:18 AM
I was trying to play episode 1 of Phantasy Star Universe and the game froze/unfroze a lot during chapters 1-4 (during cutscenes and missions). The game is clean and has no scratches or dust so is this an issue with the system?
Btw any advice for what I can use to clean the inside of the ps2 slim. Can I touch the lazer eye or is that a bad idea?

Edson Drake
Jan 30, 2015, 04:29 PM
The laser may be a problem, a common issue with those.

It's easily replaceable too, and you may want to try cleaning it first. Get some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and clean it. If it still doesn't work right you can get a new laser for cheap.

Is the disc old? This might also be an issue too, as discs last a long time, but not really that long before disc reading error may begin to occur. I have a few problematic PSX-era discs already which are in mint condition.

Noblewine
Jan 30, 2015, 08:00 PM
The laser may be a problem, a common issue with those.

It's easily replaceable too, and you may want to try cleaning it first. Get some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and clean it. If it still doesn't work right you can get a new laser for cheap.

Is the disc old? This might also be an issue too, as discs last a long time, but not really that long before disc reading error may begin to occur. I have a few problematic PSX-era discs already which are in mint condition.

I had both disc of PSU ep1 & 2 since the PS2/PC hub still existed so maybe their both 5-7 years old. I'm guessing though because I'm bad with remember dates and stuff. I'll try your advice if the issue isn't fix.
I hope its not the disc since finding working copies is extremely difficult.