PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Jet Boots Build(possibly Fi/Bo)

Neokenshin
Feb 11, 2015, 02:10 PM
After a lot of messing around, I finally got around to playing with Jet Boots and had an absolute blast and decided I wanted to main it. Right now I was building a Fi/Bo Dual Blade Crit build, but I just couldn't figure out why my damage stunk even with Elemental Stance Maxed using proper elements(My swords were at least 8 star, grinded up to +10 with maybe lvl 1/2 Extension)

Right now I'm around lvl 44/21 Bo/Fi using this build. I have 9 unused Bouncer points, and no unused Fighter Points

My Mag is pretty screwed right now only because I originally started Ranger and didn't know how to build it. I have a new Mag now which I plan to build into a pure S-ATK Mag. I'm also using the Hiei Set and a +6 Grevahn with 50 Light Element on it.

pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?093obxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm bsbdiY6dodBIb00000000jdoInI2bn8rnIo000008doib00000 00fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo0000008doIb4Ni nfbndnrAfGK00000

This was my proposed final build here.(if any blank spaces appear in the links when you copy and paste, just delete them and my build should come up. (stupid 10 post minimum messing up my links))

pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?093obxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm bsbdiY6dodBIb00000000jdoInI2bnfeAfJksSJb000008doib 0000000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo0000008do GB4NJIqAfbndnrAfJk00000

Pretty much it was going to be hit Rapid Boost, Limit Break, Brave Stance, and Elemental Stance, then go nuts with Strike Gust, Moment Gale, and that new Jet Boots PA "V-something or whatever it's called", the one that does an aura burst or something.

Any opinions on how I should properly set this up? I think I just saw I can't use Switch Strike with Fighter so any help is greatly needed!

ShinMaruku
Feb 11, 2015, 08:06 PM
I am bulding a Jetboots fi/Bo and this is the tree I am testing out currently :
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09AqbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIb00000000jdoInfbndneAIkJkcKHnIo000006doib00 00000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo0000008doGB kiqBfeEbsrFfJkIb00008

schnee4
Feb 11, 2015, 08:39 PM
I am bulding a Jetboots fi/Bo and this is the tree I am testing out currently :
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09AqbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIb00000000jdoInfbndneAIkJkcKHnIo000006doib00 00000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo0000008doGB kiqBfeEbsrFfJkIb00008

why 90% english player are useless?
cant even made proper build :-?

Dephinix
Feb 11, 2015, 09:42 PM
Please make one better or don't write, k thx.

Deband PP Restorate, pick either 3 or 5 points, 4 points gives you no gain at all.
Thing to note with Limit Break, after putting in 5 points, only Cooldown and Duration increase. Do you really need a minute of Limit Break?
Chase Advance isn't a bad idea with Element Burst, but that would mean you're probably aiming for PBF on bosses, and boots for mobs only.
Your trees have Crit Stance Up maxed, but no Critical Strike. Critical Strike is more important than Crit Stance ups. It gives 15% chance to
crit and do 15% more damage for five points as opposed to 25% chance to only crit, no damage up, from Crit Stance Ups.
Crazy Beat should be considered unless you are just outright never using LB with PBF.
Honestly, if you're going with Limit Break, you should probably stick with Brave Stance only.
Max Deadline Slayer before Halfine Slayer, it has more gain per points as well.
Craft Mastery, are you actually planning to craft all your gear? I don't know much about Boots available, but I would double check and
ask around.
Rare Mastery Bouncer, if you're maining Fighter, this skill is pointless.

This is revised from what you posted, but I'm sure there's still a few things I've missed, I don't use boots exclusively yet. Mess around with
this link and see what you come up with then. Oh, and don't mind people like schnee4, if you never post, you'll never find answers. ;-)

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09AqbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIb00000000jdoInI2bndneAfJkrxJfn000006doib000 0000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo0000008doGB4 NfqBfeFbsrFfJkIb00008

ShinMaruku
Feb 11, 2015, 09:54 PM
why 90% english player are useless?
cant even made proper build :-?
Why can't you write correctly? :P

Deband PP Restorate, pick either 3 or 5 points, 4 points gives you no gain at all.
Thing to note with Limit Break, after putting in 5 points, only Cooldown and Duration increase. Do you really need a minute of Limit Break?
Chase Advance isn't a bad idea with Element Burst, but that would mean you're probably aiming for PBF on bosses, and boots for mobs only.
Your trees have Crit Stance Up maxed, but no Critical Strike. Critical Strike is more important than Crit Stance ups. It gives 15% chance to
crit and do 15% more damage for five points as opposed to 25% chance to only crit, no damage up, from Crit Stance Ups.
Crazy Beat should be considered unless you are just outright never using LB with PBF.
Honestly, if you're going with Limit Break, you should probably stick with Brave Stance only.
Max Deadline Slayer before Halfine Slayer, it has more gain per points as well.
Craft Mastery, are you actually planning to craft all your gear? I don't know much about Boots available, but I would double check and
ask around.
Rare Mastery Bouncer, if you're maining Fighter, this skill is pointless.

This is revised from what you posted, but I'm sure there's still a few things I've missed, I don't use boots exclusively yet. Mess around with
this link and see what you come up with then. Oh, and don't mind people like schnee4, if you never post, you'll never find answers.

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...bsrFfJkIb00008
I see. I never put points in crazy beat since I am a T-attack bouncer and the 200 attack would seem redundant unless the pa uses some wierd s-attack property.

And I will never mind people like schnee4, too much bell ends in this forum. Got really bad after psu and pso2... :(

Dephinix
Feb 11, 2015, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I only say that with Crazy Beat because you have points in Photon Blade Fever. Just 1 point would be fine even, since that's
100 S Atk while under Limit Break. If you don't plan to use PBF, then that's different, cause like you said, won't help Boots any.

Neokenshin
Feb 11, 2015, 10:36 PM
So the way it's seeming, a Jet Boots exclusive build Fi/Bo may be difficult without Dual Blades??

Also with Twin Dagger Gear, that won't work with Jet Boots/Dual Blades will it? Plus with both Jet Boots Gear and Dual Blades Gear, both Gears dont work together do they? As in Dual Blade Gear doesn't work with Jet Boots.

Since Limit Break is really only worth getting up to lvl 5, would those extra points be better off in Crazy Heart to keep PP up for constant PA spamming?

I'm wondering if just staying Bo/Fi and not getting Limit Break, Crazy Beat, and boosting S-ATK would be worth it for more damage. I've been watching Youtube vids of some Jet Boots builds hitting 5k-10k damage a hit and I really want to know how to do that!

milranduil
Feb 11, 2015, 10:56 PM
So the way it's seeming, a Jet Boots exclusive build Fi/Bo may be difficult without Dual Blades??

Also with Twin Dagger Gear, that won't work with Jet Boots/Dual Blades will it? Plus with both Jet Boots Gear and Dual Blades Gear, both Gears dont work together do they? As in Dual Blade Gear doesn't work with Jet Boots.

Since Limit Break is really only worth getting up to lvl 5, would those extra points be better off in Crazy Heart to keep PP up for constant PA spamming?

I'm wondering if just staying Bo/Fi and not getting Limit Break, Crazy Beat, and boosting S-ATK would be worth it for more damage. I've been watching Youtube vids of some Jet Boots builds hitting 5k-10k damage a hit and I really want to know how to do that!

BoFi cannot do this...
[spoiler-box]
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x72/Milranduil/pso20150203_054005_004.jpg (http://s181.photobucket.com/user/Milranduil/media/pso20150203_054005_004.jpg.html)
[/spoiler-box]

GoldenFalcon
Feb 11, 2015, 10:56 PM
I feel like doing Fighter mainclass is a bad idea if you intend to use Boots. Limit Break will only get you killed during Moment Gale (and while charging up Vinto) whereas Bo/Hu is able to abuse the Hunter tree, use Switch Strike, and not deal with class permissions on crafted weapons.

Selphea
Feb 11, 2015, 11:11 PM

It's a personal preference thing. Some players want one build with both Jet Boots and Dual Blades. Personally the statting mismatch and skill sinks required makes it hard.

The Gear skill only works with their respective weapon. In this case, it's implied that Twin Daggers will be used. Personally I'd have picked up the Spin skill too though.

Crazy Heart is good. Boots can burn PP fast so Crazy Beat helps with PP management.

Both Fi/Bo and Bo/Fi are capable of 5k-10k a hit. But Fi/Bo can go much, much higher during Limit Break, like 1 million on WBed weak point. Of course with Limit Break there's the issue of being at 25% HP charging attacks in melee range. It's not as bad as it sounds, as many bosses have blind spots in their attacks or stagger animations that let you do exactly that. Bo/Fi on the other hand can stack SATK to have an easier time switching to other weapons like Daggers for more precise chasing. Look at it this way:

Switch Strike SATK Bo/Fi:

Above Average Cost (Rainbow set is still rainbow set, even if cheaper)
Average Reward
Average Options (Boots, FI Weapons, maybe DBs)

TATK Fi/Bo:

High Cost (Rainbow set + 2.8 million per Add Class)
High Reward
Below Average Options (Boots, Techs)

Dephinix
Feb 11, 2015, 11:26 PM
Your Average Options part confused me. Boots and DB for Bo/Fi for sure, but for Fi/Bo wouldn't they have better access to Fighter weapons being they are Fighter main?

Selphea
Feb 11, 2015, 11:31 PM
Your Average Options part confused me. Boots and DB for Bo/Fi for sure, but for Fi/Bo wouldn't they have better access to Fighter weapons being they are Fighter main?

Yea but TATK build using low base ATK weapons. Unless you take the one pointers like Crazy Beat, Rare Mastery, but even then it'd still be maybe 500 SATK or so behind an SATK build after buffs? Including Mag, SATK Ups, Affixes etc.

Dephinix
Feb 11, 2015, 11:44 PM
I was assuming similar mag builds and stuff. Would Critical Strike not benefit techs either? This is mostly from the skill build posted,
not really what's optimal(I honestly wouldn't know what's optimal, but am curious into a JB build for my main later).
Fighter weapons wasn't mentioned for Fi/Bo in the bullet comparison, so I thought you were throwing that out completely, lol.

Neokenshin
Feb 11, 2015, 11:53 PM
BoFi cannot do this...

Blasted 10 post rule still won't let me post links/pics but.....

This is EXACTLY what I am trying to do!!! Can you please show me what build/gear setup you used????? even if it's in a PM!!!

milranduil
Feb 12, 2015, 12:03 AM
Blasted 10 post rule still won't let me post links/pics but.....

This is EXACTLY what I am trying to do!!! Can you please show me what build/gear setup you used????? even if it's in a PM!!!

This is my dedicated FiBo JB build.
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09AnbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm jda8dodBIb00000000jdoInI2bnfeAfJkbKJ2000008doib000 0000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo0000008doGB4 NIkqAI2bsfrAfJkIb00008

Selphea
Feb 12, 2015, 12:05 AM
I was assuming similar mag builds and stuff. Would Critical Strike not benefit techs either? This is mostly from the skill build posted,
not really what's optimal(I honestly wouldn't know what's optimal, but am curious into a JB build for my main later).
Fighter weapons wasn't mentioned for Fi/Bo in the bullet comparison, so I thought you were throwing that out completely, lol.

Yea I was assuming different Mag, like 190 TATK, Elder/Tech3 x 3 on units for Fi/Bo since it's TATK-focused, and 190 SATK, Quartz/Pow3 x 3, 30 Rare Mastery and possibly 235 SATK from skills for Bo/Fi.

Crit offsets low SATK somewhat, but taking my level 60ish Bow hybrid Fi/Br with similar multipliers, including crit stances for example, swapping from an RATK set to an SATK set makes enough of a difference to shorten Polka - Orchestra - Sympho on a Garongo to just Polka - Orchestra. Fighter weapon PAs tend to be short so I'd imagine there'd be a similar effect with other combos too.

Z-0
Feb 12, 2015, 12:08 AM
Rainbow set is not necessary for Vinto anymore. Element Gear now applies to the Shift action after this update, assuming I'm reading this correctly.

Which is kind of a problem as it ruins Zondeel > Vinto.

milranduil
Feb 12, 2015, 12:13 AM
Rainbow set is not necessary for Vinto anymore. Element Gear now applies to the Shift action after this update, assuming I'm reading this correctly.

Which is kind of a problem as it ruins Zondeel > Vinto.

You can still JA vinto off of shift instead of an attack after jumping, but it's a bit slower :(

Dephinix
Feb 12, 2015, 12:28 AM
Good Stuffs

Double Sabers have pretty small attack too, I imagine a mag benefiting them a lot more after looking at Fi/Bo trees and trying to
justify Black Heart(which I can't). I meant more like, Crit should boost actual tech damage, because of the "below average tech"
option. Then again, I'm sure casting still isn't a viable thing. If you ever get time to put a JB tree together for Fi/Bo, that would be awesome!

I'm glad I waited on JB then, if they're fixing the shift action and gear.

Selphea
Feb 12, 2015, 12:31 AM
Double Sabers have pretty small attack too, I imagine a mag benefiting them a lot more after looking at Fi/Bo trees and trying to
justify Black Heart(which I can't). I meant more like, Crit should boost actual tech damage, because of the "below average tech"
option. Then again, I'm sure casting still isn't a viable thing. If you ever get time to put a JB tree together for Fi/Bo, that would be awesome!

I'm glad I waited on JB then, if they're fixing the shift action and gear.

Adios just posted one. :wacko: Considering how all the additive TATK boosts are in the Slayer skills, that's pretty much how a JB Fi/Bo would look. Not much room for customization except maybe full Crazy Heart vs full Halfline Slayer.

ShinMaruku
Feb 12, 2015, 12:37 AM
My refined fi/bo jetboot build in 2 drafts:
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09IqbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm IYfbWIO6dodBIb00000000jdodAI2bnfeAfJkcKHFIb000006d oib0000000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo000000 8doGB4NfqBfeFbsrFfJkIb00008 vs http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09IqbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm IYfbWIO6dodBIb00000000jdodAI2bndAeAfJkbsHsIOds0000 0jdoib0000000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo000 0008doGB4NfqBfeFbsrFfJkIb00008
The former is probably the right one

Dephinix
Feb 12, 2015, 12:43 AM
Adios just posted one. :wacko: Considering how all the additive TATK boosts are in the Slayer skills, that's pretty much how a JB Fi/Bo would look. Not much room for customization except maybe full Crazy Heart vs full Halfline Slayer.

Poop, my eyes were closed. Shift Normal gives 40pp for the whole thing, Crazy Heart maxed seems iffy along with
Deband PP Restorate. I'll add them step by step on my separate tree and see if I need it. If the shift action is being changed
to use JB gear, would that make it so Craft Mastery is no longer a thing?

Selphea
Feb 12, 2015, 12:45 AM
Poop, my eyes were closed. Shift Normal gives 40pp for the whole thing, Crazy Heart maxed seems iffy along with
Deband PP Restorate. I'll add them step by step on my separate tree and see if I need it. If the shift action is being changed
to use JB gear, would that make it so Craft Mastery is no longer a thing?

Still nice for Starcadia (Nega Hunter) and Haltblitz (Machine Hunter)

Dephinix
Feb 12, 2015, 12:50 AM
Inb4 Haltblitz is 1m.

Neokenshin
Feb 12, 2015, 12:57 AM
Um might I ask...what's Starcadia and Haltblitz?

Selphea
Feb 12, 2015, 12:59 AM
Um might I ask...what's Starcadia and Haltblitz?

They're boots (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_16.php#nav).