PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard causing windows services to crash (Win 8.1)

Moofey
Feb 15, 2015, 07:15 PM
I've had PSO2 running smoothly for the last couple of weeks with PSO2 and Sega's sworn dedication to the glorious anti-cheat tool known as Failguard. However, following the installation of a couple of updates to Windows 8.1 I've come across an occasional yet serious issue where as soon as gameguard launches, EVERY Windows service crashes.

I'll first notice that it happens when, as soon as the game launches, my connection cuts out. Then eventually the Explorer interface stops responding to mouse gestures. At this point if I haven't closed PSO2 yet it will generate an NP1002 error. My system stays in a near frozen state for about a minute and then services restart and everything comes back online. Usually at this point I can try an and everything will be fine, but in the most recent instance services dididn't properly restart and I had to restart my PC to get it going again.

I looked in my event viewer to figure out just what was going on, and the result was a VERY long list of errors of services "terminating unexpectedly" including many windows essential services

Just what the hell is going on? Is GG finding my entire Windows instalation as malicious or what?

Moofey
Feb 25, 2015, 10:25 PM
Bump.

Dephinix
Mar 2, 2015, 09:38 PM
Same thing is happening to me on Win7. It usually restarts itself fine, and I've only gotten the NP1002 once, but that was while doing a run in Coast.

Aeris
Mar 3, 2015, 09:36 AM
Thats gameguard for you, it doesn't crash much of my stuff anymore on Win 7 lately, didn't know its that bad on Win 8.1.