PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 03/01 Ark Live broadcast Q&A Translation

Sizustar
Mar 1, 2015, 10:13 PM
Q. Will there be 13* in Emergency Quest
Kimura: There is no plan to implment 13* into current EQs

Q. Is there plan to increase total room item in My room?
Kimura: No, if we allow more item, then we need to reduce number of people(Probabely mean how many people can visit a room)

Q. After Ep.3, the number of Item have increased greatly, will we get more storage/item space?
Kimura: We are aware of this problem, and are working on a solution, although it may not be implemented immediately, plan to implment in about..1 year?

Q. Will there be more weapon palette?
Kimura: I'm sorry, no.

Q. Will BO get new PA?
Kimura: You can get it in the new Ultimate Lilipa stage in the next update

Q. Will there be plan to allow trade of 12* weapon?
Kumura: I'm not sure of the future, but there is no current plan, to ensure player the joy of acquiring their own rare, the chance in the future is not zero.

Q. It is a chore to synth PA/Tech disk, is there plan to allow synth 10 disk at a time?
Kimura: It will be implemented in the near future<Spring update>
Yu Suganuma(Ep.3 director) is currently working on it, the number 10 being named is suprising, there will also be 10x Scratch with 1 press.

Q. I messed up my MAG, can I lower it by 1 level?
Kimura: The future plan, Mag feature is this, and it won't cost AC, but it won't be able to be used multiple time, it's for people to fix mistake such as raising 1 level in the wrong stat, it will be strict.

Q. Do you check each outfit's pantie?
Kimura: This is in the list check that we do on every model/skirt, there are 10 item in the list, we usually find 3 problem on average.

Q. Is there plan with collab with other ACG item, such as Cancolle?
Kimura: We have a lot planned for 2015, we might announce at the next live broadcast, we are also planning collab with other game serie, such as TOZ and Freedom Wars.

Q. Is there plan beside Anga 13* serie?
Sakai: Please watch the secret video coming up.

Source:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/015/1015026/
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25691738

Next Live broadcast is 4/5
http://i.imgur.com/BFjuS7o.jpg

strikerhunter
Mar 1, 2015, 11:08 PM
Q. After Ep.3, the number of Item have increased greatly, will we get more storage/item space?
Kimura: We are aware of this problem, and are working on a solution, although it may not be implemented immediately, plan to implment in about..1 year?
They did the bonus storage with OTP so I can't see why it will take a year.

Q. Will there be more weapon type?
There goes any hope for new classes *coughs* axes *coughs*

Kumura: I'm not sure of the future, but there is no current plan, to ensure player the joy of acquiring their own rare, the chance in the future is not zero.
It will come no doubt.

Kimura: The future plan, Mag feature is this, and it won't cost AC, but it won't be able to be used multiple time, it's for people to fix mistake such as raising 1 level in the wrong stat, it will be strict.
Praise the lord.

Kimura: This is in the list check that we do on every model/skirt, there are 10 item in the list, we usually find 3 problem on average.
What..............man sometimes I feel like I don't understand part of the Japanese pop culture.

Maenara
Mar 1, 2015, 11:09 PM
visit a room)

Hahahahahahaha

Shinamori
Mar 1, 2015, 11:13 PM
There's no plan for 12* buying in shops? Lame.

Sizustar
Mar 1, 2015, 11:14 PM

Most likely the same reason that Suganuma can't do the other various system change that he wanted to add, such as multiple Affix search.

PSO2 server machine sucks, and need to be updated.

Alisha
Mar 1, 2015, 11:33 PM
some of the answers make me think they are already working on the next game. out of curiosity i've been away from the game for a while what happend to sakai?

Sizustar
Mar 1, 2015, 11:36 PM
some of the answers make me think they are already working on the next game. out of curiosity i've been away from the game for a while what happend to sakai?

What do you mean what happened to him?
He's still there during the live broadcast, and answered one of the question.

Ep.1+2 is Sakai+Kimura
Ep.3 is Suganuma, but apprantly any big change he wants to do still have to go through Sakai and Kimura.

Alisha
Mar 1, 2015, 11:39 PM
What do you mean what happened to him?
He's still there during the live broadcast, and answered one of the question.

Ep.1+2 is Sakai+Kimura
Ep.3 is Suganuma, but apprantly any big change he wants to do still have to go through Sakai and Kimura.

ahh i havent heard his name mentioned lately so i thought he was off doing other things.

on an offtopic note if you like srw a new trailer came out today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AIWKGBOSM

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 1, 2015, 11:45 PM

This was important.

Xaelouse
Mar 2, 2015, 12:04 AM
What a stupid question. Of course BO will get new PAs. They should ask if BO would actually get more support skill, or ask about more main class skill

mctastee
Mar 2, 2015, 12:08 AM
This was important.

You have no idea how important that question was.

Maenara
Mar 2, 2015, 12:12 AM
No new weapons? They're seriously not planning a range/tech class?

Gardios
Mar 2, 2015, 12:17 AM
Man, I really wish Suganuma had been in charge from the beginning. He's being hindered so hard.

I doubt they'd reveal something like that in a Q&A sijce it's actual big news.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 2, 2015, 12:28 AM
What a stupid question. Of course BO will get new PAs. They should ask if BO would actually get more support skill, or ask about more main class skill

It was a stupid question, but it actually gave a useful reply. It confirmed that Ultimate Lilipa will be the source of a new DB PA, which is good to know for Bouncer players.

Moving on to the Q&A...

Q. Will there be 13* in Emergency Quest
Kimura: There is no plan to implment 13* into current EQs

To be expected, really. 12*s are only just getting added to all of them.

At least they're working on it. Good to know they don't intend to keep it at 200.

Q. Will there be more weapon type?

Now that is a curious answer. Either a R/T class isn't happening after all (which would mean Hunter, Fighter, Techer, Braver, and Bouncer for striking, Ranger, Gunner, and Braver for ranged, and Force, Techer, and Bouncer for tech...5/3/3, pretty lopsided), the R/T class will use pre-existing weapons (bows + JBs?), or there just aren't any currently planned.

Also to be expected. Maybe after XHAQs have been around for a while.

Q. It is a chore to synth PA/Tech disk, is there plan to allow synth 10 disk at a time?
Kimura: It will be implemented in the near future<Spring update>
Yu Suganuma(Ep.3 director) is currently working on it, the number 10 being named is suprising, there will also be 10x Scratch with 1 press.

Why would 10 be surprising? Seems like a good number to me. It's also the number they use for how many 10*s you can cube at once...if it's surprising because it's the number they intend for, then they're easily surprised. Weird.

Cool stuff for people unwilling or unable to spend AC.

I wonder how long they spend working on an outfit's underwear relative to the other items, and what the other items are on the list. There's also no mention of fixing the problems, just finding them. I know it's implied, but still.

Q. Is there plan with collab with other ACG item, such as Cancolle?
Kimura: We have a lot planned for 2015, we might announce at the next live broadcast, we are also planning collab with other game serie, such as TOZ and Freedom Wars.

I don't really get the appeal of Kantai Collection at all, or why it keeps getting requested. It seems comparable to Touhou, but less popular and without tens of thousands of music remixes and fanart. Oh well. Since a Freedom Wars collab was already done, I wonder if the mention of it here means another collab is planned? Kinda wish a MH collab would be done already. Sega already practically outright said that some of PSO2's gameplay is inspired by it, seems like a collab is inevitable.

Initially, I would think that this is referring to the Ultimate Lilipa trailer, but Ultimate Lilipa was already mentioned earlier in the Q&A so that can't be it. Does this mean a future trailer then?

wefwq
Mar 2, 2015, 01:03 AM
Probably we'll see some new stuff and announcement whenever EP4 announcement hits.

Initially, I would think that this is referring to the Ultimate Lilipa trailer, but Ultimate Lilipa was already mentioned earlier in the Q&A so that can't be it. Does this mean a future trailer then?
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up149025.jpg

Atmius
Mar 2, 2015, 01:10 AM
You really should double check before you post:

――武器パレットが増える予定は?

木村:すみません、ありません。

This was "Are there any plans to increase the amount of weapon palettes available?", to which the answer was "At the moment, no".

How you got 'will there be more weapon types" from that, I have no idea.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 2, 2015, 01:21 AM
Yeah, what I'm asking was if that was it, or if it's another video entirely, because Ultimate Lilipa was already acknowledged earlier in the Q&A, which implies it took place after Ultimate Lilipa was revealed. My question is whether the Q&A took place before or after Ultimate Lilipa's reveal.

Q. Will BO get new PA?
Kimura: You can get it in the new Ultimate Lilipa stage in the next update

It isn't a secret video if it was already shown. That's what prompted my question.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 2, 2015, 02:20 AM

I'm with this. I'd like BO to stop being utter ass to main outside of BO-only 12s and 13s.

Edson Drake
Mar 2, 2015, 02:29 AM
This was important.

Yeah what a weird question. I wonder if it's related to the weird clipping you get with them?

For those not knowing what I'm saying, put on a Luna Prophecy and do the male Pose 13, you'll see what I mean. It's kind of serious. Kinda.

Skyly
Mar 2, 2015, 03:06 AM
Sega trolls once again.

1. No mention of 11 star unit trading.
2. 12 star trading? Maybe..... (few years)
3. Multiple affix searching? (Who knows when..? If when)
4. PSO2 NA/EU (Never happening obviously)

The multiple affix search confuses me the most.

oratank
Mar 2, 2015, 03:08 AM
if they forgot to add panties in texture well you know. this is important.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 2, 2015, 04:29 AM
Sega trolls once again.

1. No mention of 11 star unit trading.
2. 12 star trading? Maybe..... (few years)
3. Multiple affix searching? (Who knows when..? If when)
4. PSO2 NA/EU (Never happening obviously)

The multiple affix search confuses me the most.

It's a Q/A from fans, how are they trolling? and what makes you think they're gonna announce any sort of NA/EU version of the game to their main countries audience? use your head (and give up on the western release happening already, SoA is too busy making bad sonic games)

Poyonche
Mar 2, 2015, 06:46 AM
SoA, while you are busy with your business failure that Sonic Boom is, can you tell us when you plan to release PSO2 NA/EU ? We really want to be banned from the JP servers to play on your servers which are 2 years before JP's in terms of content.

Sizustar
Mar 3, 2015, 08:07 AM
I don't really get the appeal of Kantai Collection at all, or why it keeps getting requested. It seems comparable to Touhou, but less popular and without tens of thousands of music remixes and fanart. Oh well. Since a Freedom Wars collab was already done, I wonder if the mention of it here means another collab is planned? Kinda wish a MH collab would be done already. Sega already practically outright said that some of PSO2's gameplay is inspired by it, seems like a collab is inevitable.

Well, because they have ship captain uniform that would fit with the Kancolle theme in PSO2SEA
http://i.imgur.com/obdo6ru.jpg

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 3, 2015, 08:41 AM
Well, because they have ship captain uniform that would fit with the Kancolle theme in PSO2SEA

Damn if I don't love that outfit.

wefwq
Mar 3, 2015, 08:52 AM
tfw it's pretty much the only good thing left on SEA.

Achelousaurus
Mar 3, 2015, 08:54 AM
How is sega gonna stretch the game over 8 years or more if stuff doesn't take forever to happen?
Pretty sure almost nothing Sega does is really due to actual difficulties in implementing, in the end almost everything comes down to their business plan.
Of course they could implement searching for more than 1 ability but they don't because current servers can't handle it and the business plan doesn't have new servers until 2018 or something.

Anyway, part of that sounds so very fake. They just don't want to give any infop that may lead to people not playing the way they want or perceivably may lead to less AC purchases.
Or people just spending less time with the game cause of course, the more time people spend on the game the more likely they are to buy AC.
Like, desynthing 1 at a time > too lazy to do it often > discs pile up > you need lots of storage cause you can't be assed to desnyth all the time > you need to buy AC storage extensions.

I am 100% sure sooner or later there will be 12* passes.
Not just that people saw 15* in the gamedata, if this game is supposed to last another 5 years equipment must become far stronger and it makes no sense to have 100 different 12* and 13* weapons for each type starting at 1500 atk and ending at 5000 atk (or whatever the strongest weapon will be in 5 years).

Also, they can always implement stuff taken from PSO1 all the old players will love it and you can sell it to new players just as well. Plenty of classes and weapon types they can use without that much of an effort and it will generate big profits.

They just don't want to tell us about stuff without a more or less fixed released date.

PS: 10 discs at a time!!!11!11!!
Oh golly, that's gonna come in handy next time I get 300 discs from Darker Den.

Lax
Mar 3, 2015, 04:49 PM
Qthere will also be 10x Scratch with 1 press.

About time.

Alisha
Mar 3, 2015, 04:56 PM
I'm with this. I'd like BO to stop being utter ass to main outside of BO-only 12s and 13s.

this is why they need to nerf limit break to only work with fighter weapons.

Vatallus
Mar 3, 2015, 05:30 PM
x10 scratch... oh boy. Now I will actually spend fun points because I get tired of hitting enter after 2k fun.

Skyly
Mar 3, 2015, 05:35 PM
x10 scratch... oh boy. Now I will actually spend fun points because I get tired of hitting enter after 2k fun.

Pso2es already has 10x scratch..

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2015, 05:36 PM
this is why they need to nerf limit break to only work with fighter weapons.The whole "This skill only works with specific weapons/damage types because reasons" thing is part of the reason the balance is so bad in the first place. Bo just needs a good mainclass skill of its own so that there's an actual choice as people have suggested.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 05:37 PM
I don't really get the appeal of Kantai Collection at all, or why it keeps getting requested.

Hey... musashi is great...

The whole "This skill only works with specific weapons/damage types because reasons" thing is part of the reason the balance is so bad in the first place. Bo just needs a good mainclass skill of its own so that there's an actual choice as people have suggested.

I'll shamelessly plug my own idea again;

-players under the effect of bouncer fields deal 10% extra damage. Mainclass only. Needless to say, works with Field Remain.

Also, crit strike should probably stop being mainclass only since having to main Fi to make people care about critting is just... dumb, and as situational as it is, Fi main has a bit too much exclusive damage for themselves. Almost forgot; break SD bonus could either:

-not be mainclass only

or preferably (but more work for sega developer lazy asses)

-removed. Break stance non-breakable part damage: 101% -> 110% (up from 90% -> 100%). Break stance up, and Break stance critical grant their effects to non-breakable parts. Adjust break stance bonus damage weapon potentials (lower them to something reasonable, like ~15% on soul rending stance at most, ~8% for rending stance), and allow their bonus damage to be applied on non-breakable parts. Elemental stance will retain stronger bonus damage values.

Now Fi, Bo, and Hu main-classing suddenly feel like far more balanced choices, rather than the Fi/Bo vs Bo/Fi "choice" we have now.

GHNeko
Mar 3, 2015, 07:47 PM
this is why they need to nerf limit break to only work with fighter weapons.

I whole-heartily do not agree with this and strongly believe this is only going to further hinder the balance of the game.

Why would you heavily limit class combination and synergy with FI-class combinations?

Because of specific class combination? Come on man.

There needs to be MORE synergy. Not less.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 3, 2015, 07:51 PM
Hey... musashi is great...

Ah, I guess I should rephrase that, it's not quite what I meant. I mean I don't see why it gets more requests than Touhou or Monster Hunter because I think those two franchises are more qualified for collab events. Not saying Kantai Collection is bad or anything. Though, based on my impressions of the franchise, its appeal seems to be basically similar to Touhou's, in that it's the fan-made works about the franchise that create more popularity than the officially created works. Which makes for a very popular and engaging franchise, but not necessarily one that is suitable for collabs, since it's strictly for official works.

Also, on the subject of Bouncer. Buffing Bouncer fields so that they would be meaningful as a main-class wouldn't be a bad idea at all and is probably the only thing necessary to make Bouncer worth maining. It's pretty sad that one of its most unique skill properties currently take the form of two borderline worthless skills. It's like Techer if the only Shifta/Deband skills it had were the Advance ones. It's a defining class characteristic with lots of potential that should be explored more thoroughly. The functionality of the Stances don't really need to be changed, no amount of work toward Break SD Bonus is going to make it anything but a budget skill as long as Elemental Stance is stronger, and that's that. It's like trying to make Guard Stance good, it's not going to happen because it makes you incompatible with even better skills. Stick with the stuff that can be fixed.

Xaelouse
Mar 3, 2015, 08:08 PM
They can make guard stance good anytime. High chance the next new skills will buff it more because Sega saw nobody using guard stance advance.

Also Limit Break is fair. Most of the time you dont see people using it outside of joke content. I can count with the fingers on one hand the number of FI main players I usually see in XH lobbies.

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2015, 08:12 PM
I'll shamelessly plug my own idea again;

-players under the effect of bouncer fields deal 10% extra damage. Mainclass only. Needless to say, works with Field Remain.
This sounds like an interesting idea. At this point though, playing PSP2i makes me wish they'd tone down the damage multipliers in general.

Ah, I guess I should rephrase that, it's not quite what I meant. I mean I don't see why it gets more requests than Touhou or Monster Hunter because I think those two franchises are more qualified for collab events.

It's probably because Touhou is basically a series of doujin games made by one guy, so people recognize the chance of it happening are pretty much non-existant (I mean, I would LOVE a RWBY colab for instance, but that's NEVER gonna be a thing). Monster hunter doesn't have lolis and wifus so that one is pretty self explanitory given Sega's current target audience for the game.

They can make guard stance good anytime. High chance the next new skills will buff it more because Sega saw nobody using guard stance advance.
So long as the guard stance provides less damage than fury stance, no one is going to care about it because everyone can potentially make due without the extra tankyness anyway. The only way to make it viable would be to tone down the required investment for skills on either side and tone down the need/potential for high damage. But then they'd have to be wary of doing the opposite.

hoangsea
Mar 3, 2015, 08:21 PM

thanks god
this happened
every time i look at my lv 170 pure r-atk mag with 1 s-atk, i feel so depressed

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 08:25 PM
Also, on the subject of Bouncer. Buffing Bouncer fields so that they would be meaningful as a main-class wouldn't be a bad idea at all and is probably the only thing necessary to make Bouncer worth maining. It's pretty sad that one of its most unique skill properties currently take the form of two borderline worthless skills. It's like Techer if the only Shifta/Deband skills it had were the Advance ones. It's a defining class characteristic with lots of potential that should be explored more thoroughly.

That right there is what irks me, and many players about this game: so much potential that's right there in their face, and they miss the mark completely.

The functionality of the Stances don't really need to be changed, no amount of work toward Break SD Bonus is going to make it anything but a budget skill as long as Elemental Stance is stronger, and that's that. It's like trying to make Guard Stance good, it's not going to happen because it makes you incompatible with even better skills. Stick with the stuff that can be fixed.

I'm okay with it being the budget stance. I'm okay with it being weaker in damage value than elemental stance. I'm not okay with it arbitrarily being mainclass only, and the weapon potentials being so painfully situational, especially when elemental stance is already stronger by itself.

Remember what I said about SEGA missing the mark? SD bonus being mainclass only is the example of that. The moment I saw that talent during the level cap increase, I hated it.

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2015, 08:40 PM
Personally I'd like if the stance skills were all single skills that just gave you access to both stances. Or something. The stance system as a whole is petty flawed since the whole point of them being toggles was supposed to be because they're opposites and/or have downsides. But then they toned down the weaknesses to the point of being non-issues.

Outside of generalist builds none of the classes REALLY have a reason to go for both stances in the first place nowadays.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 4, 2015, 01:48 AM
It's probably because Touhou is basically a series of doujin games made by one guy, so people recognize the chance of it happening are pretty much non-existant (I mean, I would LOVE a RWBY colab for instance, but that's NEVER gonna be a thing). Monster hunter doesn't have lolis and wifus so that one is pretty self explanitory given Sega's current target audience for the game.

That's a fair point about Touhou, but MH is practically a waifu simulator on the side, given that one of its core concepts is outfit customization. It's true that it doesn't advertise itself as one, but then, neither does PSO2. Plus, there was that talk about doing a collab with FFXIV, and that doesn't really come off as a waifu simulator to me. Since PSO2 has been all but confirmed to take notes from MH, a collab seems perfectly reasonable. The main difficulties I see stem from the fact that armors have anywhere between 2 (one for each gender) to 6 (gender, class, and rank difference) different appearances, not counting color swaps, and the lack of a core appearance representing the franchise beyond Rathalos, which provides relatively modest outfits for females (only sexual quality is a short skirt). But NPCs and other flagship monsters have loads to offer in that department, and Felynes or Poogie could easily be used as a mag device, and the series is full of iconic, recurring weapons for camos that match very well with PSO2's own weapon types, so it's not like it's lacking in content once you get the key flagship in. The biggest surprise would be dipping into non-flagship monsters or even non-monster based outfits, where the skimpiest outfits are, but I wouldn't bet on it being a possibility, and flagship armors are usually very popular, like Nargacuga, Zinogre, and Gore Magala, whom all look both badass and skimpy, in addition to being popular monsters on their own merits.

But yeah, "waifu simulator" honestly fits MH pretty well. It's pretty much as bad as PSO2, just minus a few things like customizing a character's body (though of course the nature of the gameplay means you can't just dress up however you please without potentially being penalized, but Capcom always uses full sets for advertisement and collabs anyway).

Totori
Mar 4, 2015, 03:06 AM
Yeahh, but no. MH has such a terrible customization system, it's not even good enough to call a "waifu sim"

GoldenFalcon
Mar 4, 2015, 03:38 AM
If they buff Guard Stance, I hope they make it so Sword Gear doesn't decay while it's active. Would really make up for not having Fury Gear.

Achelousaurus
Mar 4, 2015, 06:10 AM
Reducing mag lvl by 1 is very nice, but I got a whole bunch of mags with 2 wrong points ._.

I said it before and will say it again, fury gear boost needs to be simply gear boost, working regardless of stance.

As for break sd, it needs to be buffed to at least 20%. Cause at the moment break stance is far too situational and you cannot make use of crafted weapons that well going dual stance.
You need 10 points in each stance crit skill, 10 points in craft mastery and 5 points for crit field.
You just don't have enough points to do dual stance with crit/craft build s o people will simply drop break stance.

Yet again a big skill with lots of secondary skills people rarely use cause Sega didn't think things through.
If however Break SD is 20% or more, Break Stance is useful even without breakable parts and becomes far more viable to use even as your only stance.
Either that or compress the skills required for a crit/craft build so you can do that with dual stance.

Dnd
Mar 4, 2015, 07:31 AM
Also Limit Break is fair. Most of the time you dont see people using it outside of joke content. I can count with the fingers on one hand the number of FI main players I usually see in XH lobbies.
I see it being popped all the time in anything outside of UQ, so I guess the entire game is a joke :>

Poyonche
Mar 4, 2015, 07:36 AM
Q : When are you planning to upgrades your servers hardwares ?
A : ... We will give you a Triboost +50%

Achelousaurus
Mar 4, 2015, 09:33 AM
I see it being popped all the time in anything outside of UQ, so I guess the entire game is a joke :>
Agreed.
It is a joke. A bad one. Not sure if I would still play if I hadn't spent so much money on it ._.

Anyway, LB is used rather frequently. After seeing Firesword's build I also want to try it out while remaning at 600 or so HP.
Gonna need to make some gear for that during boost week,

Z-0
Mar 4, 2015, 09:55 AM
I think the game is fun because it's a joke. There is nothing fun about HP sponges -- enemies with high amounts of HP are only fun if they have some sort of substance to them, which enemies in PSO2 do not have.

Macmaxi
Mar 4, 2015, 10:36 AM
I wished they would bring Knight Gear as a regular boss, i enjoyed fighting him. Overall i'd like to have access to all boss battles (without reward).

Para
Mar 4, 2015, 03:08 PM
I would love to have a Kantai Collection collab.. infact it would be the number 1 choice right now for me and other Kancolle fans right now as the next big collab... I would love to have Nagato and Kongou in my PSO2.

ALL GUNS FIRE!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 4, 2015, 03:12 PM
I would love to have a Kantai Collection collab.. infact it would be the number 1 choice right now for me and other Kancolle fans right now as the next big collab... I would love to have Nagato and Kongou in my PSO2.

ALL GUNS FIRE!

I think you spelled Musashi wrong.

I can't be the only one that likes em tall, tanned, and serious, am I?

oratank
Mar 4, 2015, 03:12 PM
but your accessory gun can't fire

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2015, 04:37 PM
But yeah, "waifu simulator" honestly fits MH pretty well. It's pretty much as bad as PSO2, just minus a few things like customizing a character's body (though of course the nature of the gameplay means you can't just dress up however you please without potentially being penalized, but Capcom always uses full sets for advertisement and collabs anyway).I was specifically talking about the moeblob characters. Waifu probably wasn't the word I should have used.

That's not to say I would complain about a monster hunter collab, or even that I think it's unlikely personally. Only that I can see why it's not asked for as often as kancolle when you take into consideration PSO2's biggest audience.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 4, 2015, 05:03 PM
Oh. Yeah, definitely not moeblob haha. I guess that's it then. Ah well, fair enough. Can't really say I blame anyone for it, Kantai Collection is pretty cute, and it's evidently wanted enough to get requests in the Q&A, so it's probably just a matter of time. I don't have any objection to it, just feel MH deserves it more, but Kantai Collection really does have a bigger demand. Must be underestimating its popularity.

Para
Mar 4, 2015, 07:49 PM
Oh. Yeah, definitely not moeblob haha. I guess that's it then. Ah well, fair enough. Can't really say I blame anyone for it, Kantai Collection is pretty cute, and it's evidently wanted enough to get requests in the Q&A, so it's probably just a matter of time. I don't have any objection to it, just feel MH deserves it more, but Kantai Collection really does have a bigger demand. Must be underestimating its popularity.

I wouldn't think SEGA would want to have a monster hunter collab that features a competing product against their own. Kantai Collection doesn't necessarily competes against SEGA thus it is more likely.

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2015, 07:56 PM
I also just remembered Kancolle has a currently running anime. So that might be why people are paying more attention to it at the moment.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 4, 2015, 08:07 PM
And with Sega handling the Kancolle Arcade, I think people thinking about the chances of it possible for the collab are high.

Gardios
Mar 4, 2015, 08:42 PM
I dunno, I'm still pretty disappointed about not getting any Dengeki Bunko collabs in PSO2 even though they had a Dengeki Bunko vs SEGA collab...

LonelyGaruga
Mar 4, 2015, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't think SEGA would want to have a monster hunter collab that features a competing product against their own. Kantai Collection doesn't necessarily competes against SEGA thus it is more likely.

Sega said that they would like to do a FFXIV collab, which is the main reason I think a MH collab could be on the table in the first place. Competing products aren't necessarily off limits for collabs.

And with Sega handling the Kancolle Arcade, I think people thinking about the chances of it possible for the collab are high.

Oh, they're doing that? Sounds like a shoe-in then.

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2015, 08:56 PM
I dunno, I'm still pretty disappointed about not getting any Dengeki Bunko collabs in PSO2 even though they had a Dengeki Bunko vs SEGA collab...Isn't that just a fighting game with a bunch of light novel characters? I can't imagine how they'd do a colab about that specifically, other than stuff like room posters or music. Outfits and weapons would end up being too numerous to the point that they wouldn't be able to cover everything.

besideswehaveenoughkiritos

Para
Mar 5, 2015, 12:13 PM
I looked up the arcade game and I guess that sets a precedent for SEGA JP to use the license for PSO2.

Given its popularity and demand right now I don't see any reason to go against a KanColle collaboration. And nothing should stop SEGA from capitalizing on the status of being the number 1 waifu simulator.

SkylyVi
Mar 5, 2015, 12:21 PM
when do these Q&A get implemented? I accidently just now put 2 Striking on my Tech Mag T.T

yoshiblue
Mar 5, 2015, 05:01 PM

Obviously we need more Sephiroths and Ichigos.

Gardios
Mar 5, 2015, 06:23 PM
Isn't that just a fighting game with a bunch of light novel characters? I can't imagine how they'd do a colab about that specifically, other than stuff like room posters or music. Outfits and weapons would end up being too numerous to the point that they wouldn't be able to cover everything.

I didn't mean the fighting game specifically. They had a Dengeki Bunko vs SEGA project, and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax was just one of the results of it. Other stuff includes SEGA Hard Girls which was made in collaboration with Dengeki Bunko, SEGA used Oreimo for their arcades as advertisement and Dengeki Bunko wrote a short story for one of their arcade games.

But they did nothing with PSO2. Well I guess we got 2 DBFC music discs, but they have really nothing to do with Dengeki Bunko per se... :c