PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Game Terminates itself, and can't go past Ship Select Screen

Yosh1Kart
Mar 9, 2015, 04:34 PM
I used to play PSO2 daily, that is until i was unable to even connect to the game.

First off,
i haven't played the game since October of last year
(a little long of a wait to post i know... =/)
and leading up to the last time i played i was unable to connect quite a few times.

so from then since now, i've been trying this that and everything i could find but i get the same results.

So what happens is...
I start Tweaker, everything loads good and i start PSO2.
The game starts up perfectly fine, videos play like they are supposed to.
Then i select where i login and go to ship select screen, (the "SEGA ID" option)
And the game freezes for a few seconds during the loading (but it doesn't come up "not responding")
The Ship Select Screen loads, but all the ships show up grey status
("unknown" if i remember right... i haven't used english patch for awhile while i've been trying to login all this time)
and then i select Ship 2 as always and enter my login info and i get a 230 error
(i know what the error means, and have flushed my DNS cache multiple times)
and that's as far as i get.

however...
sometimes i can't get that far.
The game just... terminates itself without warning at multiple times
1. After i type in my login info
2. When the Ship Select Screen loads (shows up, but then terminates itself)
3. While the Ship Select Screen Loads (at the part where it freezes, but instead of un-freezing it terminates)

(Also, i've tried connecting many times with and without Proxy and they have had the same results)

and i feel i should add that recently Tweaker hasn't been showing the updates bar, (not sure if it's just me, hope it's just me)
and i've been getting these errors
When checking for Tweaker updates: ERROR - The operation has timed out
When checking for PSO2 updates: ERROR - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
plus a popup when downloading item patch files that says:
"Failed to download translation files! (Unable to connect to the remote server). Try rebooting your computer or making sure PSO2 isn't open."
(the popup comes up about 3 times then says done as if it downloaded them (which i'm sure it probably did not))
of course i've rebooted my computer many times, and PSO2 is never open when i turn Tweaker on.

So i'm not sure what it is either that i'm doing wrong, or what i don't have turned on/off that i should,
but i feel i'm just over looking what i need to do.

i have a Win8 Desktop and a Win7 Laptop
and ISPs are Time Warner Cable and Verizon
(thought i should note that)

So if you can help thank you very much in advance ^^
i hope i explained everything clearly,
and to those who have made it this far in my post, thank you for reading, and sorry for the extremely long wall of text ^^;