PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 crashes after a while

rufiyaa
Mar 16, 2015, 08:50 AM
Hi guys, I've been getting wierd crashes with PSO2 with a pop up message after (see attachments)...

Im able to open up PSO2 properly but after a while or usually during missions, my monitor loses signal and opens back up showing PSO2 crashed with that pop up error. this started happening ever since march 11 update or gameguard update or my nvidia driver update. (which was all only a day in interval before this started happening.

I run a Nvidia Geforce GTX 780ti on an i5 windows 7 ultimate.

Skyrim (with maxed settings and ENB mods) and Xenoverse runs properly (atleast longer than the PSO2 crash problem)...

Can anyone help me with this?

Im assuming its one of the 3.

PSO2 Update
Driver Update
Gameguard update

or Im missing something here.

Aeris
Mar 16, 2015, 11:57 AM
Your monitor losing signal is mostly the main issue there which can cause that error to happen on PSO2 when your monitor switches video modes, could be something video driver or graphics card hardware related or not enough wattage/amps or bad power supply unit, also what power supply unit you're using to power your PC?

rufiyaa
Mar 16, 2015, 08:20 PM
Your monitor losing signal is mostly the main issue there which can cause that error to happen on PSO2 when your monitor switches video modes, could be something video driver or graphics card hardware related or not enough wattage/amps or bad power supply unit, also what power supply unit you're using to power your PC?

that feels quite unlikely my power unit is a smart se 730W. and if that is indeed the case, games that takes more performance like my fully graphical modded skyrim should be causing the same result, but that doesnt seem to be the case. and this only started happening 2-3 days back. or is there something that might be limitting my W use?

Aeris
Mar 17, 2015, 12:52 AM
Seems like something might be gameguard really doesn't like when PSO2 is running or also dunno why your monitor blanks out when its running.

rufiyaa
Mar 17, 2015, 12:23 PM
Seems like something might be gameguard really doesn't like when PSO2 is running or also dunno why your monitor blanks out when its running.

got it fixed, it seems like its the driver update for nvidia, stopped happening after I rolled back the last update.

rufiyaa
Mar 18, 2015, 05:06 AM
ok spoke too soon, it still IS happening, but only when certain programs are open with PSO2, im not sure which but it doesnt happent when PSO2 is open alone. (might be chrome or nvidia exp. but it might be something else too)

Searaphim
Mar 18, 2015, 07:23 AM
Last time I had this kind of issue was Nvidia driver related.. Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the drivers installed. Monitor losing signal really seems to be related to your GPU. Aside from that? Power Supply but that would cause a lot of other problems.

Random PSO2 crash? Gameguard. But if the crash is caused by the monitor losing signal then I'd look into GPU related issues.

Try playing without full-screen and see if the monitor still loses signal after a while. If it does, check if there's a Windows pop-up bottom right of the screen saying that your display driver crashed etc.

rufiyaa
Mar 19, 2015, 02:40 PM
Last time I had this kind of issue was Nvidia driver related.. Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the drivers installed. Monitor losing signal really seems to be related to your GPU. Aside from that? Power Supply but that would cause a lot of other problems.

Random PSO2 crash? Gameguard. But if the crash is caused by the monitor losing signal then I'd look into GPU related issues.

Try playing without full-screen and see if the monitor still loses signal after a while. If it does, check if there's a Windows pop-up bottom right of the screen saying that your display driver crashed etc.

yup, here it is.

Bullet420
Aug 14, 2015, 08:55 AM
Having the same issue

Bullet420
Aug 14, 2015, 08:30 PM
Deleted google chrome and it hasnt given me the error anymore

HentaiLolicon
Aug 14, 2015, 10:15 PM
Look into Event Viewer, if you find any event that mention nvlddmkm or alike uninstall any GPU clock/fan control software you have and perform a clean driver install