PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Lag (sound cracking, game lag)

Yukishiki
Mar 24, 2015, 10:47 AM
first of all my laptop specs are :
Processor : Intel Core i7-4700HQ (2.40 GHz, 6 MB L3 Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M (2 GB GDDR3)
RAM : 8 GB
Windows 8 x64

i don't know if theres any thread similar to this yet.
(this is not an inet lag. my inet is fine.)

the thing is, the game USED to run fine on this laptop, very little lag, good framerates.
a pretty significant change happened on magatsu's update months ago. most of the time i play pso, the game would lag more, but, sometimes (rarely occured but yes it happened a few times) the game runs smoothly, like before the update. things get worse on some new patches (i dont know on which one the lag suddenly started). FPS drops like crazy, on MPAs. even on mission 1 CQ, which is supposedly only taking very small toll on the laptop (compared to other mission / EQs) the FPS drops. worse, the sound is cracking like crazy. on Loser MPA, throughout the whole battle, the sound is cracking, not even a single moment without sound crack, i even used my phone to listen to songs. so in summary :

When i started playing pso (about august last year) : it runs fine, almost no lag

when some big update happened (i suspect its magatsu's) : there is 2 chances what will happen when i start pso : 1. it runs smoothly like before
2. it lags abit, and starting to make cracking sound on heavy MPAs (TD3, Loser, Magatsu)

lately : my pso is lagging, even on lobby, even on CQ mission one. on lobby i get like a splitsecond freeze every 2-5 seconds. at heavy MPAs, i can no longer hear any sfx / bgm, all i hear is cracking, and the FPS is like, <15 FPS.

I have tried everything i can :
i tried to lower the settings, but no luck. i tried to turn of shaders, it helps, only a bit, almost no changes.
tried reinstalling, same. no luck.

also i did everything i can related to my laptop :
-check disk
-memory diagnosis
-virus scan
-i even refreshed my whole windows
-i cleaned the fan

does anyone have another solution that perhaps can help me? and i dont know if my laptop specs aint good enough to play but i see ppl playing fine with specs worse than my laptop.

sorry for my bad english.

Aeris
Apr 2, 2015, 02:14 AM
Make sure its not in power saving mode on the battery icon, it should be on balanced or high performance, also run task manger or resource manager and see whats the cause of the low performance with the game running.