PDA

View Full Version : Finally :) first rare, dont laugh.

Neojin
Mar 8, 2001, 04:51 PM
Well playing in the Mines on Hard I finaly seen the famous "Special Weapon". Now dont laugh...I got a Varista http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

My question is, it has no percentages, but looking at the stats it is quite a nice Weapon for me as a Force is it not? I'm currently 29 and about 10 or so ATA away from being able to use it. Also, I have some Grinders saved up in the Bank should I pump it up?

Now for sum of you this may be be no biggy, but look at it this way. I have about 40 hours or so on Ryiko and this was a very exciting crawl for me. I dont cheat, and I dont have super high level friends who give me items or take me thought the levels to powerlevel me or let me loot everything.

This is what PSO was meant to be. I'm not saying I would never accept help, because when i first started my friend Ambrai took me thought the Caves when i was lv 3 or so...but it was fun NOT being able to beat Dark Falz last night.

It was me (29 force), two rangers in the 30s, and another 40 Force...IMHO we had done quite well in the Mines up to Falz with excelent team work. In fact me and the other force just had this Revive Tag thing going where we would just totaly wast the rooms with nukes and commit suicide for a full TP bar then revive eachother when we did it. (lol thank god you dont loose exp for dying)

Well we got to Falz and lets just say it was at least 4-6 times before we even got past the spike part, me and the other force could only take about 2 wacks before going down, and if someone else went down reviving them would mean our own death. We did however actualy get to fight Dark Falz once, however about towards the end of his first form, we got nuked and all died (Granids or sumting I believe.)

I was glad to hear though that this is quite normal at our levels, we were destined to fail and it wasnt our skills but the fact is that well, Dark Falz is hard on hard, lol.

Sorry for rambling just thought i'd post something positive for everyone to read for a change http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

[b]Ryiko! lv 29 Shortie Gurl FOnewearl[b]
[b]LET ME BWAST STUFF!!![b]

Cyanide
Mar 8, 2001, 05:00 PM
Yea its not a bad weapon but you will see many more where that came from and other places for that matter. Soon DB's sabers will be pouring out your inventory sort of speak but thats about it. I think you can find one with some decent percents in the mines I'd wait for one of those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif.

xeku
Mar 8, 2001, 05:09 PM
Hey, a good Varista is always usefull, especially for a force character.
There are better pistols out there, but it should serve you well enough. Besides, its you first rare - I'd keep it.
I still regularly use one with my 81st level RAcast, when touring the Caves (has a 50% bonus though).

I could probably dig up a Varista that has a high% bonus for your character, if you are interested - My RAcast, like most other high level characters, finds these on a regular basis.

Xeku

TapamN
Mar 8, 2001, 09:28 PM
A Varista is useful... but a Raygun with Heart, Mind, Soul, Geist (All TP restoring), Spirit (Strong TP useing attack), Draw, Drain, Fill, or Gush (All HP restoring) are better for a Force.

Side note, Draw, Drain, Fill, and Gush can hurt Panarms and even Darky when invincable to all (non tech) attacks.

f0rge
Mar 8, 2001, 09:42 PM
that's cool, the varista was the third rare i found, my first was a dragonslayer.

Socrates
Mar 8, 2001, 10:29 PM
I'm right there with ya, Neojin. At 43rd level, Decker finally came across his first "legit" rare (as opposed to having a rare given to me by friends, or finding one while 'piggybacking' with some much-higher-level folks in a level I would never survive in otherwise).

It was a Crush Bullet +5, which was cool, since Decker's a RAcast. But what horrors did I have to brave to acquire it! A rampaging horde of bloodthirsty Gigoboomas? The cold, murderous efficiency of a wave of Dubchiks? A savage mano-en-mano battle with the Dragon, the Wyrm, or even Dark Falz himself?

Nah. The weapons shop was sellin' it.

What a disappointment... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif