PDA

View Full Version : Did Nintendo Quit making Modem Adaptors?

Space_Ghost
Apr 22, 2003, 07:07 PM
I've been around and been told that Nintendo hasn't shipped any modem adaptors since January, so I began to wonder if they stopped making them. Anyone know of this?

Sonic646
Apr 22, 2003, 07:36 PM
They are out there,just keep lookin. Anyways,im not quite sure,but Im assuming the reason they havent shipped more is because NOBODY WANTS THEM. They are only good for PSO,and cmon,do most of the people you know paly PSO? Have they even HEARD of it? As far as I kno,the adapter isnt in very high demand anymore,but hell,I could be wrong.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 22, 2003, 07:44 PM
go to http://www.nintendo.com and you will find them there.

MP3dawg16
Apr 22, 2003, 08:45 PM
I play offline... because like that guy said... it only works for one game... and 10$ a month is just not worth it... IM A SERIOUS PSO player but i wont go online with a bad plan like that.

lvl 109, 71, 60, 29
all offline with my friends... so i cant just zoom right into ult ruins when I hit 80 like most of you did...

it does bug me that 1/10 of the items in PSO can only be gotten online... S-ranks being among some that are really bugging me.

Muku6
Apr 22, 2003, 09:45 PM
Try looking around a bit. If you have FuncoLand, Babbages, EB Games, Best Buy or WalMarts around, they're worth checking out. I know here they have some, so they may just have them where you are too. You just have to do a little looking and calling around.

Kthak
Apr 22, 2003, 10:10 PM
Best Buy doesn't carry it anymore.

Devildog
Apr 22, 2003, 10:12 PM
I ordered a modem adapter and a set of component cables from Nintendo 2 weeks ago and the man on the phone claimed they had 500+ in stock. they were also 34.99 instead of 39.99 at stores.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 22, 2003, 10:14 PM
On 2003-04-22 18:45, MP3dawg16 wrote:

it does bug me that 1/10 of the items in PSO can only be gotten online... S-ranks being among some that are really bugging me.

Uh can't you get offline challenge S-ranks?
Correct me if I'm wrong. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

dj_dan
Apr 22, 2003, 10:15 PM
On 2003-04-22 17:36, Sonic646 wrote:
They are only good for PSO,and cmon,do most of the people you know paly PSO? Have they even HEARD of it?

Sadly, every employee from EB I've asked about PSO (any version) just gave me a dumbfounded look as if I had asked how to make carrots laugh...

But they can tell me what size their OFFICIAL XBOX T-SHIRT is.

-LordNikon-
Apr 22, 2003, 11:32 PM
OMG yea i called EB Games a few weeks ago because my friend was looking for a Platinum Game Cube ...here is a synopsis of the phone conversation:

----------
*dials to nearby ebgames store*

employee picks up..

employee: "Hi, my name is Bob and welcome to your XBOX HEADQUARTERS! how may I help you today?"

me: "Um, yea hi, I was wondering if you had any of the Platinum Nintendo Gamecubes instock?"

employee: "negative."

*click*

--------------

I couldn't believe it, eb used catored to all gamers.....but I guess I can't get any customer service unless I have Microsoft tattooed on my forehead.

I still can't believe that phone convo though, thats litteraly all he said...in the most plain unemotional voice "negative".

As far as Broadband Adaptors and Dialup Modems for Cube, definatly check out Wal-Mart, they can very easily end up in the LOWER glass shelf on top of or behind their stock of gamecubes. If you have toruble finding one or are in a less metropolitan area, i would definatly suggest ordering off the nintendo.com website. Other small online shops are already trying to capitalize on the fact that its not an easily accessable item, I have seen them going upwards of $80.00. Nintendo.com has them on sale for 35 bux.

-LordNikon-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -LordNikon- on 2003-04-22 21:33 ]</font>

silvermax
Apr 23, 2003, 12:14 AM
Dialup adapters for 35 bux!! off nintendo.com!!!

*ponders weather or not spending birthday money on an adapter is better then GoldenSun the lost age*

Layrinn
Apr 23, 2003, 04:16 AM
On 2003-04-22 20:14, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2003-04-22 18:45, MP3dawg16 wrote:

Uh can't you get offline challenge S-ranks?
Correct me if I'm wrong. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The items you earn from offline challenge mode are different from the ones your earn from online challenge mode. Offline C-mode earns you stuff like the Crazy Tune and Flower Cane as opposed to the traditional golden colored S-Rank weapons you get online.

So there's reason to do both! I want a few of the offline S-Ranks, but none of my friends around here have the patience to do challenge mode with me. =(

polishedweasel
Apr 23, 2003, 07:04 AM
On 2003-04-22 22:14, silvermax wrote:
Dialup adapters for 35 bux!! off nintendo.com!!!

*ponders weather or not spending birthday money on an adapter is better then GoldenSun the lost age*

Get the Freakiin adapter! That shouldn't even be a problem. Geez! I have a friend with Golden Sun, and he said it sucks. PSO is one of the best games out there right now anyway. At least it has the most replay value that I can think of. It rivals Melee for replay.

Raziel_Kai
Apr 23, 2003, 08:46 AM
RAR!!!
That's one form to steer hatred to Pikachu, polishedweasel

Anyhow, I got my BBA stright from nintendo.com
Believe me, it's worth the cost!

Kthak
Apr 23, 2003, 09:48 AM
If I'd known you could get them off Nintendo.com for $35 I wouldn't have gone to Ebay... ahh well. I only ended up paying a few dollars more.

Space_Ghost
Apr 23, 2003, 09:20 PM
Ah, good. I just bought one at a distant walmart for $37. I was freaking out though. I must have called at least 13 stores before that, all saying either "dont carry it", "Haven't seen it for weeks", or my favorite, "The Gamecube POWER Adaptor?... Nope dont have any of those either... Try Best Buy!"

But now I have to pay the Hunters License first to get the 30 free days, and both parents arent too fond of that.. hell, I just had to borrow 40 for the modem.

For the guy who was talking about EB being XBOX HQ, you should check out the old Penny Arcade archive. Theres several comic strips about that. Just the way they depicted the EB World guys just cracks me up.

Anyway, I should be online by this weekend if not before. Thanks everyone.