PDA

View Full Version : GC: Can you delete characters?

Droxitr
Apr 22, 2003, 07:44 PM
Well? Can you, short of a corruption?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Droxitr on 2003-04-22 17:45 ]</font>

Joe-Azlin
Apr 22, 2003, 07:45 PM
what do you mean short a corruption? like stop it?

ABDUR101
Apr 22, 2003, 07:53 PM
For the GC version, as far as I know you can only "re-make" over your current characters. You can't delete the ones you have. I think the PSO save file is one size anyways, regardless of how many characters you have. Most likely the save file is made into a hefty size, big enough to hold the maximum info for four different characters?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 22, 2003, 07:54 PM
Well, you could remake the character and name it
I AM DELETED

Droxitr
Apr 22, 2003, 07:56 PM
Naw, it's not size, I made a HUmar named GimmeMAG!!!! just so I could get another mag for the char I made for my friend but accidentally deleted the items on. It looks stupid on the "Select Character" screen is all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Joe-Azlin
Apr 22, 2003, 07:59 PM
lol i have that same problem. i dont like the way the extra character looks on my memory card. i use him/her to make mags or other such things.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 22, 2003, 08:28 PM
I think I deleted a character once, but I can't really remember. Someone try this out to make sure. I was playing a multiplayer game with my friend, with chars on different memory cards, mine on one card, his char on another card. So obviously I had to transfer data. And if I recall correctly when I quit the game it asked if I wanted to put the char back on the memory card, and my friend said to choose "no" to see what happens, and one of the options (I think) said something like "delete this character" and so I did that cuz the char sucked, but sorry I can't remember if I actually deleted the char or not, lol. It was a while ago. (by the way this is on the Gamecube). Someone should try this to see if it works.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 22, 2003, 08:32 PM
That only works for characters in the Temp Character slots :3

Droxitr
Apr 22, 2003, 08:34 PM
I did, that's how I deleted the items on the other char without losing the char. Here's how it works:

1. Load a temp char.
2. Delete the temp data.
3. Go to the other card, and...
4. Cancel the "Transferred" status.

Grats, you now have a character with no items in the bank, equipped, or in inventory... but the character itself remains.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 22, 2003, 08:36 PM
But, if I can recall correctly (sorry I am really stupid) the char was deleted, completely.

kyoshori
Apr 22, 2003, 09:02 PM
well
im from latinamerica
and my friends play the game in spanish..i play it in inglish (like it more)...and in the spanish translation says "want to delete the character"
this hapend when you are traspasing a temporaly character....
maybe they doint translated well?!