PDA

View Full Version : Item: Best RA weapon?

Soran
Apr 22, 2003, 10:28 PM
I just started a RAmar and I was wondering what you all think is the best Ranger weapon so I know what to look for. I have some experience with Hunters and a lot of experience with Forces so I'm kind of clueless as to what to use on a Ranger. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 22, 2003, 10:40 PM
Frozen Shooter and Guld Milla

Brundidge
Apr 22, 2003, 11:43 PM
Single Target wise: Frozen Shooter or Guld Mila (i like using yas 9000m too so you can choose what you like best)
Shot: Spread Needle

That's my 2 cents...

... hmm I need 2 cents for a soda...
Doh... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brundidge on 2003-04-22 21:46 ]</font>

silvermax
Apr 23, 2003, 12:05 AM
Heaven Punisher is always nice when the beet time is right, wish i had one, oh the memorys of the DC version

Goza
Apr 23, 2003, 07:22 AM
Of the more obtainable weapons, I'm very fond of the Yasminkov 3000R. My ranger is only level 42 or so, and I basically went from a max ground Justy to a max ground Yasminkov. I'll probably use a Red Handgun when I get a few levels and take out Falz and find 30,000 of them on El Rappies.

I only play offline, so the frozen shooter isn't that huge for me. I also can't trade. What ID are you?

Blue-Hawk
Apr 23, 2003, 09:38 AM
when i play single player, i love my spread needle and ruby bullet.
in multiplayer with my lower level friend, i use my frozen shooter and yasminkov 9000m.
ignore the guld milla. its physically impossible to find. same for the heavens punisher.

BeatZero
Apr 23, 2003, 02:04 PM
frozen shooter, spread needle, yaz 9k or red mechs.

Tulathis
Apr 23, 2003, 02:36 PM
Heaven Punisher is always nice when the beet time is right, wish i had one, oh the memorys of the DC version

The Heaven Punisher is great, but you have to have 210 ATA to use the new version of it. That makes it very impractical for use by a lower level character. While it may be possible to use it with a bunch of -/Arm units and a high dex mag, I think you'd be better off at lower levels using something like a Suppresed Gun. Once you have enough ATA I'd move up to a Frozen Shooter or Spread Needle, but it'll be a while before you can practically use a Heaven Punisher.

LoreSeeker
Apr 23, 2003, 04:58 PM
My RAmar has what I consider to be the best ranger weapons. They are the Spread Needle (oh yes...), Frozen Shooter, Heaven Punisher, and Guld Milla. The Frozen Shooter is always nice, but the other weapons have a few extra requirements before they actually become practical. For the Spread Needle and Guld Milla, you are going to want to be strong and able to cast a moderately high level Shifta. For the Heaven Punisher, you won't be able to use it for a while, and it is only useful when the beats are right.