PDA

View Full Version : Just keeps getting better and better!

ShadowChao
Apr 22, 2003, 10:43 PM
Today, as I was clearing Hard Ruins, I found a M&A60 Vise. Neato, cool new design (which I was unaware of).
Then, I find 2 Blade Dances. Those look AWESOME.

... Then I found an Elysion! How rare is that in Hard Ruins for a Purplenum? I know it CAN drop from Chaos Bringers, but what are the chances? Cuz I got mine from a Chaos Bringer and it was just awesome. Now I just need 400 more MST...

Oh, I also found a Rappy's Wing in VHard Forest.
All of this in a span of... 3 hours maybe? I'm happy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blue-Hawk
Apr 23, 2003, 12:35 AM
i found my 3rd yasminkov 9000m today in purplenum. ^_^

kanyon
Apr 23, 2003, 12:57 AM
The Elysion in Hard mode is a very good find. It is alot easier to get in v hard and ultimate. Congrats though. And yeah, the Blade Dances rock. I like how the blade pops out when you swing them.

ShadowChao
Apr 23, 2003, 01:17 AM
Sounds like Purplenum isn't such a bad ID... good!

rbf2000
Apr 23, 2003, 01:25 AM
Look at all the things it finds:

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=5

VolOpt2003
Apr 23, 2003, 07:18 AM
im purplenum and got an elysion off a c-bringer on hard as well . and im finnaly able to use it now!

Blue-Hawk
Apr 23, 2003, 09:33 AM
On 2003-04-22 23:17, ShadowChao wrote:
Sounds like Purplenum isn't such a bad ID... good!

it isnt such a good one either. believe me when i say that what I have experienced with it for 155 levels, it seems to have the single lowest drop rate of red boxes in the game.

ShadowChao
Apr 23, 2003, 02:15 PM
Perhaps it is a personal experience then... and about that post with the link to the Purplenum finds, I know about it. Thanks though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

... Oh, and by the way, I found a Stag Cutlery with 50% dark today! I equipped it and saw what it was and had an orgasm. Then, after I had it tekked (this was in Caves 2, by the way, off a Guil Shark, VHard), I went to Caves 3... was playing with my new toy and was beating on a Pofuilly Slime with the special attack, to confuse it and such. Well, it split, so I start bashing both of them in. Then, it splits again... RED SLIME! It dropped an HP Revival!

I'm not bragging, I'm just excited. In DCv2, I was so screwed on rares and good units... best weapon I ever found was a Red Handgun and I THINK I found a Stag Cutlery somewhere in Ultimate Forest. It had negatives though. So I'm just keachy peen, man... keachy peen.

**points**

ShadowChao
Apr 23, 2003, 07:18 PM
Oh man... after running through Hard Forest a few times and slaying the dragon, I managed to find my 3rd Photon Drop, my 2nd and 3rd Rappy Wings, another M&A60 Vise, a Varista (looks weird now...) and on my third try, a Musashi. If this keeps up, I'll die a happy, happy man.

BeatZero
Apr 23, 2003, 07:41 PM
i personally love Purplenium! ive found some awsome vulcans (50 hit and the such) and some justices with 25 to hit (gave to someone). now to stop being lazy and hunt for some red mechs with hit %.

klepto
Apr 23, 2003, 08:04 PM
Ive hated purplenum up until right now. I always though i got screwed out of good weapons cuz all i ever found is VISES and JUSTICES and CLUBS OF LACONIUM. But now, im actually finding things of trade value (GO VH TEMPLE). And ive also noticed, the rare drop rate in EP 1 is awful, about 0.5 rares per run but in EPII its much better about 1-2 per run.

Yoda86
Apr 23, 2003, 08:09 PM
Yea what is it with EPII's rare drop rates? I mean I have a whitill RAmar and within an hour of play today I got about 4 or 5 rares from going through it in Ultimate mode.

Amazing..just amazing

ShadowChao
Apr 23, 2003, 08:10 PM
Wait, what? I've been avoiding doing Hard mode for Ep2... **sigh** It's creepy.

But, if it's got even better drops than Ep1, then I might as well give it a go. **cringes** Better stock up on scape dolls!

Oh, just for the record, never start a level 1 RAmarl in the VR Temple. Terrible, terrible experience there... died once a minute, lol.

Yoda86
Apr 23, 2003, 08:12 PM
Yea, and I'm actually getting better stuff than I did in episode I so give it a try.

I hear ya about leveling up a RAmar in the temple. My friend and I tried but didn't have enough moon atomizers after getting hit by all the foie traps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShadowChao
Apr 23, 2003, 08:20 PM
My RAmarl's problem was those Pistons that kept smacking her to oblivion. One hit and she was down... poor, sexy girl...

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 23, 2003, 08:29 PM
I think I am going to go through Episode 2 on v hard with my HUnewearl because I have nothing better to do.