PDA

View Full Version : NICCA SWORD + 250 Grinder ???

eXo
Apr 23, 2003, 04:14 AM
Hi I am new online and was in search of a decent weapon so I decided to trade for something , anyway I entered a trade game when a guy came up to me and offered a strange weapon called the NICCA SWORD I have never heard of this before, I came to ask you guys about it, anyway like I was saying my alarm went off because the item had a Grinder of 250 and the name was displayed in red text not yellow white or green?When I questioned him about it he gave me some story about how it was a S-Rank Weapon and thats why the text was in red and has a super high Grinder. All of my time as a member of PSO World I have never heard of a 250 Grinder item +99 is the highest I ever heard of.I asked him to equip it because I didnt have enough atp and it looked like a Yellow trimmed Calibur Sword?he wanted my 2 godmind red saber and sato for it I didnt trade did I do the right thing?

VulpesMundi
Apr 23, 2003, 05:24 AM
It is an S-rank Sword (the red text is the give away). That grind is correct, and at one point there was likely an original copy. However, the NICCA SWORD is one of the most commonly duped items known. It ain't worth a hill of beans. I'd say you made the right choice. Word of note: if it's an S-rank weapon and somebody is willing to trade it, you can be 99.9% positive it was duped (and duped, and duped, ad nauseum) and has no actual value anymore. Ah, the bowels of society. It doesn't surprise me that people with hot merchandise would try to rip people off. Human nature never ceases to amaze (and equally disappoint) me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-04-23 03:52 ]</font>

eXo
Apr 23, 2003, 01:23 PM
hmm ok thanks VulpesMundi, im glad that I didnt trade for it now seeming that it is duped and has notrade value http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tulathis
Apr 23, 2003, 02:53 PM
It ain't worth a hill of beans.
Monetarily or in trade, no. But as a useful weapon it would be very worth while. I'm not saying he should have accepted the weapon, but a highly duped s-rank is a much different thing than a highly duped Amore Rose.

Duder_Cooter
Apr 23, 2003, 03:01 PM
I think Sega needs to try and regulate trades and the authenticity of items. It is getting to a point where I am almost scared to trade with people. I have nightmares, seriously.....

SATAN666
Apr 23, 2003, 07:53 PM
On 2003-04-23 13:01, Duder_Cooter wrote:
I think Sega needs to try and regulate trades and the authenticity of items. It is getting to a point where I am almost scared to trade with people. I have nightmares, seriously.....

You seriously have nightmares about PSO trading but aren't quite scared yet?

VulpesMundi
Apr 23, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-04-23 12:53, Tulathis wrote:

It ain't worth a hill of beans.
Monetarily or in trade, no. But as a useful weapon it would be very worth while. I'm not saying he should have accepted the weapon, but a highly duped s-rank is a much different thing than a highly duped Amore Rose.

Perhaps, but you forget that it's also a (fairly easily, imo) obtainable weapon. So there's no real value in it even as a trade for a useful weapon, as anyone with the ability to play the game can go and earn one. And the fact that it's a dupe means that it can just be duped again and handed out again for free. Are you seeing the problem with dupes, yet? They have no value whatsoever, and people who are foolish enough to trade for them are... well... foolish. The same could be said of pirated movies, games, music, etc. They have no actual value and hurt the value of the real article.