PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz on hard mode

s3rial_one
Apr 23, 2003, 04:38 AM
I'm just gearing up to take DF on by myself. I've played PSo since version 1 on the DC, but, honestly, this is the first time I've ever tried to take out Falz by myself, offline, in hard mode.

I know that online, I die a lot. But it's not a big deal; teammates are there, right?

So what I'd like to know, is what I can do to take him out offline. I'm a level 53 HUcasseal. I've got 436 HP, a 3-slot dragon frame (currently with 3 ogre/powers, but I've got 3 resist/devils for DF). I don't have *any* decent ranged weapons, but I've got a pair of Musashis that can dish out pretty good damage, up close.

I guess what I want to know is: is there any way I can win that fight, currently? I don't have all that many scape dolls... I think I've got 4. Should I even bother trying?

rena-ko
Apr 23, 2003, 05:08 AM
for falz, ice and light resistance is what is neccessary.
bring some scape dolls. and a spare .../HP slot item just for sure.
(you might want to reequip during fight: power items for his 1st form, ice resist items for 2nd form, light resist for his last form - i dont count the darvant-prestage as one of his forms)

you'll want to have a multi combo weapon: mechguns with hit or dark percents would be very nice but it will work also without any percents. but bring these musashis for falz 1st or maybe even for his second form. maybe they do more damage.
if you have a HP drain gun, use this on his last form. else way get a good gun and be prepared.

you're pretty highleveled for falz so i think HP wont be a problem. also as a vet, you should know falz' pattern by now, right?

lack of resta can be compensated with going in, dropping all mates you have on and then diing on purpose. doing this as often as you think you'll need. usually and with your level, i'd say you'll do fine.

good luck ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-04-23 03:10 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Apr 23, 2003, 06:08 AM
On 2003-04-23 02:38, s3rial_one wrote:
I'm a level 53 HUcasseal. I've got 436 HP, a 3-slot dragon frame (currently with 3 ogre/powers, but I've got 3 resist/devils for DF).

Buy a handgun from the shop (probably will be Autogun at your level, maybe Lockgun), or find yourself one that you can use. Mechguns would also be useful, but you'll probably do just as well with your Musashi. You've got more than adequate HP to survive the battle (if Falz's spells don't do cheap multi-hits). His strongest attack, the slash, only does 250 damage in Hard offline single-player. Heck, you have enough to survive in Very-Hard mode, where he does 390 damage. At your HP you shouldn't even have to worry about Grants, but I would still recommend a minimum of 10 ELT so you won't have to use as many mates. Resist/Devils are absolutely worthless against Falz, so dump those in the bank. Get yourself either some */Power, */Arms, Resist/Light, Resist/Saint, and/or Resist/Holy. Hit him fast and hard and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how quick and easily the battle will end.

Goza
Apr 23, 2003, 07:33 AM
I killed VHard Falz with a level 55 or 56 HUcast, so hard should be no problem for you. Camp the shop until you find a high Dark % good handgun and take that with you. I beat Falz on Hard with no gun, but only because I didn't realize how much easier it was with a gun.

Your HP is sufficient to fight VHard Falz, so just take 10 of every healing item, and for units maybe:

1) Power
2) Power
3) Resist/Ice or Resist/Light type (depending on form)

The musashi will do pretty well, but often you don't have much chance to use it and are almost better off just using a handgun the entire time.

Drop a telepipe and go in with no scape dolls. You may not need them. Either way, you'll get used to the attack patterns the first time around, and you'll be less likely to need them the second time.

Good luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

s3rial_one
Apr 23, 2003, 08:44 AM
Thanks for all the advice, guys.

I was so worried because I remember being perpetually dead in Falz fights on the DC; you'd see grants start up and then just roll your eyes and hope someone else survived it to reverser you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

But, Falz dropped fast. Grants wasn't bad. I even threw on a freeze barrier I found in the ruins, which took a lot of the punch out of his ice attack. Used a pair of 0/0/0/20/5 charge assaults on him to good effect, too.

Thanks again! Thought it'd be a much more difficult fight than that.

Goza
Apr 23, 2003, 09:00 AM
I have a tendency to overestimate boss fights myself. Congrats http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. By the time you get to Dark Falz in VHard, you'll be ready again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif