PDA

View Full Version : Rare monster disasters!!!

ZodiacNKnight
Apr 23, 2003, 08:25 AM
Has anybody have disasters like me with rare monsters?
I have killed 3 Pal rappys and 1 mill lilly and I did not get one rare weapon, armor, item from them... just poop Mesta.

At this point I am about to throw my controller because the 4th pal rappy escaped. -_-

BerserkerKutu
Apr 23, 2003, 08:38 AM
You want a disaster... well...

New character - Lvl 1

First Rappy happens to be an Al Rappy - the blue type.
I say "Hey, I'll take you on."
It waddles on over and pecks at me once... not only knocking me back a few weeks but killing me instantly..

rena-ko
Apr 23, 2003, 08:39 AM
yeah, me:
redria, ultimate caves: 3 rare lillies and a red slime, and the rarest thing they all dropped was a barta lvl 019 - d'oh...

so far only egg rappies dropped something rare for me ^_^

lddowser1
Apr 23, 2003, 08:42 AM
Depends what level you are playin the game on. You wont find any decent rares till at least v-hard/ult

ZodiacNKnight
Apr 23, 2003, 08:46 AM
I would ratyer suffer with this bad luck than not being able to play online.

I wish I could play online but my parents won't let me...
So cruel...

Goza
Apr 23, 2003, 08:58 AM
7 Pal Rappies in a row and no rare. Ah... Pinkal. I deleted the character.

Riffin
Apr 23, 2003, 09:21 AM
Just recently with the Egg Rappies: I was in the Temple, and after 100 or so runs, one finally shows. I kill him and reinforcements come. No big deal, I Rafoie them and kill them all with one hit, but afterwards I'm waiting for the little bugger to get up and when he does, apparently I am near an item that I can't pick up, so instead of attacking I just stand there as my boredom and tons of temple runs go down the crapper!!!! Needless to say, I stopped trying to find them and went looking for trades.

Kthak
Apr 23, 2003, 09:28 AM
and you didn't cast at the rappy why?

Riffin
Apr 23, 2003, 09:32 AM
Trust me Kthak, I thought of that too... after he left. I flipped out when I couldn't slice him. I know, dumb... but it was really nerve racking when it went down. So sucky.

Edit- Typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Riffin on 2003-04-23 07:33 ]</font>

Kthak
Apr 23, 2003, 09:45 AM
After that happened to me a few times, luckily with just normal rappies (I do wait to make them drop, every normal yellow rappy, because my first time through Fake In Yellow ever got me a Rappy Wing) so now I just Zonde them.

muff
Apr 23, 2003, 11:13 AM
I just piped for about 2 hours, in fake in yellow v.hard yellowboze, to see my first pal rappy, it dropped a solid shield, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! What a waste of time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Axon13
Apr 23, 2003, 11:17 AM
i've only had one non-rare drop from a rare enemy, which was a red slime that dropped a resist/shock and was supposed to drop my demolition comet... haven't found one since

Vanango
Apr 23, 2003, 12:34 PM
MY FIRST EASTER RAPPY!!

... dropped a difluid.

What the heck does a RACast do with a difluid? Sheesh.

Malkavian
Apr 23, 2003, 02:08 PM
First day in game nar lily normal dropped a general/arm it was good at that time. Then I've seen like 5 nar lilyes mores droping 2 custom barrier ver00, 2 final impacts and the other some garbage.
A hildeblue that dropped final impact, nice viridia drops huh... v_v

Mil lily in ult temple dropped dimate...

I think im lucky enough with rare enemies in GC. In DC I saw about 30 rare enemies in ULT and 0 rare drops...

MadCowChuck_
Apr 23, 2003, 02:40 PM
Al Rappy in Challenge Area 1. Three minutes down the drain. Unhappy challenge mode team. End of story.

AzureBlaze
Apr 23, 2003, 11:12 PM
Oh yeah, I've got plenty of disasters.

I've seen 2 hildetorrs, and both have dropped an Antiparalysis.
3 Mill lillies and all of them gave meseta.
1 Nar lilly which gives Cure/confuse.

(keep in mind that I am an android--no techs)
The most frusterating disaster though, had to be the only Love Rappy I ever saw. It came down in the first wave of enemies, so I lured it to a far corner by a door to be sure that I would have enough time to hit it, even while the next monsters came--as well as a way to make it get up fast, so I wouldn't be surrounded by Arlans when it did get up.

So with this careful plan...I knocked it down, ran out, then in. It started to get up, in perfect reach of my highly accurate sword when a Ob Lilly spawns directly INSIDE the rappy. I swing, it whiffs. The rappy stands, and it is now out of reach. I can't step around the flower. I pull the gun as it runs away, when an Ob across the room shoots megid, killing me. Back to town...and I've never seen another one since.

polishedweasel
Apr 23, 2003, 11:23 PM
On 2003-04-23 21:12, AzureBlaze wrote:
Oh yeah, I've got plenty of disasters.

I've seen 2 hildetorrs, and both have dropped an Antiparalysis.
3 Mill lillies and all of them gave meseta.
1 Nar lilly which gives Cure/confuse.

Ah, you must be a Blueful. The wonderous rares that can be found in the monster's in the Blue sector of the game. Meseta, difluds, yup, the list of outstanding rares goes on.

Chultz
Apr 23, 2003, 11:31 PM
look at why wont pal rappys drop rare items then start to complain about not getting rares