PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 is a game for me. PSO2's playerbase is not.

Angelo
May 4, 2015, 08:26 AM
I get bummed out every time I see a PSO2 Live Broadcast video showcasing the upcoming content of the game.

They always have their in-house characters (the defaults) involved in some new quest or facing off against a boss. It all seems very dynamic with all of the different classes and weapon types, the variety of the characters. It reminds me of PSO.

In reality these events play out as everyone spamming the FOTM with whatever class is the most broken and destroying any dynamic combat by min maxing.

I don't like big parties, but it seems like this is the way the content is facing. The bigger the party, the more you become a statistic instead of a player. I decided to try Challenge Mode, the concept seemed great. When I started a mission I then realized it's more multi-party content where everyone just zerg rushes everything, there's no communication, no variation, nothing dynamic.

It's zerg rushing.

Maybe the problem is even though I've been a huge fan of this series since the Dreamcast days, I'm a relatively casual gamer.
It's hard to find anyone to party with, especially English speakers because let's face it; if you speak English and you're on PSO2, all the hoops you have to jump through just to play the game are going to filter out anyone who isn't a die hard.

I've heard TACOs are the way to go for 4 player, but I still haven't tried it yet.

I've been playing the game since the alpha testing, off and on a few months, and my highest main class is only level 61. I feel like they completely revolved the pacing of leveling up around MPAs zerging the fuck out in EQs, which is ridiculous.

Noblewine
May 4, 2015, 03:57 PM
I'm sad to hear that angelo. PSO-World is probably the best solution to your problem.

Sayara
May 4, 2015, 05:01 PM
I get bummed out every time I see a PSO2 Live Broadcast video showcasing the upcoming content of the game.

They always have their in-house characters (the defaults) involved in some new quest or facing off against a boss. It all seems very dynamic with all of the different classes and weapon types, the variety of the characters. It reminds me of PSO.

In reality these events play out as everyone spamming the FOTM with whatever class is the most broken and destroying any dynamic combat by min maxing.

I don't like big parties, but it seems like this is the way the content is facing. The bigger the party, the more you become a statistic instead of a player. I decided to try Challenge Mode, the concept seemed great. When I started a mission I then realized it's more multi-party content where everyone just zerg rushes everything, there's no communication, no variation, nothing dynamic.

It's zerg rushing.

Maybe the problem is even though I've been a huge fan of this series since the Dreamcast days, I'm a relatively casual gamer.
It's hard to find anyone to party with, especially English speakers because let's face it; if you speak English and you're on PSO2, all the hoops you have to jump through just to play the game are going to filter out anyone who isn't a die hard.

I've heard TACOs are the way to go for 4 player, but I still haven't tried it yet.

I've been playing the game since the alpha testing, off and on a few months, and my highest main class is only level 61. I feel like they completely revolved the pacing of leveling up around MPAs zerging the fuck out in EQs, which is ridiculous.
It became this way by the communty's idea of effiencincy. The game is also to blame, but "we" as a collective sense are too.

Kiyokaze
May 5, 2015, 10:12 PM
if you speak English and you're on PSO2, all the hoops you have to jump through just to play the game are going to filter out anyone who isn't a die hard.

I don't know. I feel like there are plenty of non-die-hards. Maybe a good amount of them quit after a few weeks for the new players to come in and quit after a few weeks though.

I feel like they completely revolved the pacing of leveling up around MPAs zerging the fuck out in EQs, which is ridiculous.

It's definitely ridiculous. But, let's take what you said about C-mode for example. If you were playing with a group of people there'd be communication and you'd feel like less of a statistic. Plenty of players have a group so that they can do whatever they want, while barely caring about the rest of the player-base. I just don't think you should give up if you like the game.

Natural_585
May 7, 2015, 12:11 AM
Well, the communication is most likely poor because there is little communication between the 日本人and the 外人. If you're on ship 2 you'll already know that the JP's avoid the english community. + The elitist players don't want to communicate with randoms because they think they're better than everyone else. Not saying all of them but a lot of them. Therefore communication is broken, that and people who think they're top tier in the game when they're not also tend to not listen to other people's advice and go with their own views and don't listen to anyone else. That in itself also doesn't help the situation. Sometimes you have a bunch of mindless players who randomly shout out things in the MPAs that is disrespectful. And sometimes if you say something that may be beneficial for the MPA you might get a rude comment back lol. So yeah the english community is definitely broken in many ways. But the only way around something like this is to find good friends to run with, or find a team to join and get to know people.

Angelo
May 7, 2015, 05:44 AM
I just don't think you should give up if you like the game.

Oh, I'm not gonna give up the game. I'll keep playing solo if I need to. I was just venting my frustrations. I still love the hell out of PSO2. I guess these are just sentiments I've been harboring, and then after the teaser of the Pioneer 2 Team Room in the latest broadcast I got a bit too sentimental for the old days of cooperation and friendly banter. I'm an old timer here.