PDA

View Full Version : CHance of finding rares increased?

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 02:33 PM
Has it been noticably increased since PSO on DC? Or in other words, is it actually possible to find something good?

ShadowChao
Apr 23, 2003, 03:02 PM
It's incredibly noticable. Just remember that MOST rares come in red boxes. Break every box, kill every enemy. Oh, and make sure to smack that Rappy before he gets away, too. You'll be finding at least ONE rare per week, I'm finding stuff almost every day (started the game last monday).

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 03:12 PM
Hell yea. If I have the same luck as you, I'll kiss the disk. And I'm not even online yet.

C'mon Zanba, I'm guessing they aren't too hard to find.

Dhylec
Apr 23, 2003, 03:40 PM
from dcv2 to gc the rare rate has increased tremendously!
it's a good feeling to get new rare items more frequently http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShadowChao
Apr 23, 2003, 07:22 PM
Today alone I've found (in Hard and VHard ep1):
Stag Cutlery
2 more Rappy Wings
Varista
another M&A60 Vise
another Photon Drop
and a Musashi

All today, between 12pm and 8pm... on a level 48 (now) HUmar, Purplenum. Get through normal mode and things pick up, or so it seems.

2Xtreme
Apr 23, 2003, 07:31 PM
I have noticed that in PSO Episode I & II, I find a lot more rares than in the Dreamcast versions. I think Sega did this to make the game a little more noob-friendly. They also might have figured that nobody would dupe say, a Yamato, if it's just as easy to find out. Still, I doubt it's because of duping.

ShadowChao
Apr 23, 2003, 07:45 PM
I doubt it's to prevent duping. Some losers will still dupe things just because they're too lazy to run through Forest a few times.

The_Pew
Apr 23, 2003, 08:55 PM
On 2003-04-23 12:33, Dime wrote:
Has it been noticably increased since PSO on DC? Or in other words, is it actually possible to find something good?

Hell Yeah! I even see an increase from GC ver my first day on the XBOX i found tons of materials and griderz and i even found a blue barrier and DB's saber.

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 08:59 PM
Yea I know what you mean. My first run through mines on GC i got 2 HP materials, 1 Luck and 2 HP materials.

sogoX
Apr 24, 2003, 12:52 AM
my only jist with the rare drops is that god units are treated like rare weapons. i wish it stayed like units. well what i mean is that you find god units like regulare units. but its cool.

Dime
Apr 24, 2003, 03:00 AM
The more god units the merrier, in the old PSO you'd be lucky if you even found a hero/ability.

Tulathis
Apr 24, 2003, 04:01 AM
The more god units the merrier, in the old PSO you'd be lucky if you even found a hero/ability.
In the original that was very true. I found a Hero Ability with my first character, but shortly after he was lost. In version 2 it was much easier to get God units. Even a God/Ability wasn't all that hard to come across. I'm glad they made them more rare in the new version, it gives us all something to work for.

Dime
Apr 24, 2003, 04:27 AM
Too bad there's nothing good in hard forest(except amplifier of foie and some mats) .

I can't even wait until V hard.

ShadowChao
Apr 24, 2003, 06:19 AM
Don't knock Hard Forest yet. I ran through it 4 or 5 times yesterday to get a Musashi from the Dragon, and wound up with 2 more (already had 1) Rappy's Wing, another Photon Drop, my first Varista, and some M&A60 VISEs. Then the Dragon finally dropped that sexy red box... And this was Hard mode, not VHard. Make a few runs through and see what you get.

Duder_Cooter
Apr 24, 2003, 06:52 AM
Oh screw you guys, I havn't found one rare yet. I have only played about 30 hours on online, but still no rares. I think it has to do with my luck to. I suck....

Duder_Cooter
Apr 24, 2003, 06:53 AM
Oh screw you guys, I havn't found one rare yet. I have only played about 30 hours on online, but still no rares. I think it has to do with my luck to. I suck....

Duder_Cooter
Apr 24, 2003, 06:55 AM
sorry for the double post.

ShadowChao
Apr 24, 2003, 10:13 AM
Triple post. Anyhow, I've played this character for... 50-something hours. Seriously, give it time. I'm obviously no expert, but I'm severely encouraged at the rate I'm finding things. If I stopped finding things, I'll still keep making runs and leveling.
Good luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Time to go attack VHard Mines!

Goza
Apr 24, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-04-23 13:12, Dime wrote:
Hell yea. If I have the same luck as you, I'll kiss the disk. And I'm not even online yet.

C'mon Zanba, I'm guessing they aren't too hard to find.

I think Zanba is only found by two IDs in the Ultimate Seabed, so they're not exactly a cakewalk. Check the Database to verify that, though.

Dime
Apr 24, 2003, 02:07 PM
I checked the database right after I posted that. Then I said damnnit.

Alizar
Apr 24, 2003, 02:31 PM
im have problems finding rares!!!!!on mi lvl 92 Humar greenil i trd 4 all mi stuff...the bet things i hav found suck: Kalibolg, Justy, DB saber Wals Mk2 etc. Acuatally i found more rares on miHumar lvl 100 greenil on DC ver.1!

Malkavian
Apr 24, 2003, 02:41 PM
I think is 2 much increased.... that it makes the reverse effect.
Now nearly all "rares" are common

Dime
Apr 24, 2003, 03:53 PM
WOOOOT I just found my first rares.

I went to caves hard, BAM killed an evil shark and he dropped a DB saber (which looks bitchin, as opposed to the boring as hell look in DCv1) then a few rooms down I run into a nar Lilly, I pop a cap in it's ass and get a Last Survivor (again, looks cool, as opposed to the v1 counterpart).

Alizar
Apr 24, 2003, 05:47 PM
On 2003-04-24 13:53, Dime wrote:

I went to caves hard, BAM killed an evil shark and he dropped a DB saber (which looks bitchin, as opposed to the boring as hell look in DCv1) then a few rooms down I run into a nar Lilly, I pop a cap in it's ass and get a Last Survivor (again, looks cool, as opposed to the v1 counterpart).

lol they do look better, but like the db saber doesnt have a special attk ne mor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Liet
Apr 24, 2003, 07:18 PM
heh, you guys are excited about the DB Saber and last survivor. That's funny. next, you'll be happy about finding a diska of liberator or a varista. I find so many of those things I throw them back on the ground then get pissed. I'd rather get 100 meseta. try finding a frozen shooter, or a "Red" weapon. Then you can be excited.

Alizar
Apr 24, 2003, 08:06 PM
On 2003-04-24 13:53, Dime wrote:

lol they do look better, but like the db saber doesnt have a special attk ne mor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShadowChao
Apr 24, 2003, 09:52 PM
Well look what mode they're on, lol. I got thrilled when I found my Varista in Hard, but I was hoping it was a Custom Ray... in DCv2 it looked like a handgun, and was so coolness...

Dime
Apr 25, 2003, 01:41 AM
On 2003-04-24 17:18, Liet wrote:
heh, you guys are excited about the DB Saber and last survivor. That's funny. next, you'll be happy about finding a diska of liberator or a varista. I find so many of those things I throw them back on the ground then get pissed. I'd rather get 100 meseta. try finding a frozen shooter, or a "Red" weapon. Then you can be excited.

Don't tell me you didn't nearly shit your pants when your force found his first Club of Lanconium!?

Ryuzaki00
Apr 25, 2003, 05:00 AM
[/quote]

Don't tell me you didn't nearly shit your pants when your force found his first Club of Lanconium!?

[/quote]

no, but i was overly extatic to find my first photon drop...then completely puzzled (never played PSO before the gc version...LOL)

Dime
Apr 25, 2003, 05:39 PM
Hard forest sucks. Nothing good except for a 4 slot cross armor and foie amplifier.

I wish I could manually hack the arm off a Booma so I could get that claw already.

gideonx
Apr 25, 2003, 06:05 PM
Booma's Arms seem to be 10x easier to find on VH. I did about 15 dragon runs on Hard and never got one. Then in 5 VH dragon runs i found 2 (pinkal ID). Try looking there (PS they aren't that great http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Dime
Apr 25, 2003, 06:21 PM
Oh, I know Boomas claws aren't that great. But for my level 37 HUcast the huge ATP boost will help a lot (not to mention when I get a Gobooma or Gigobooma claw).

My main reason for wanting a Booma claw is the novelty factor. There's a not a single person here that wouldn't like to beat a Booma to death with it's own right arm.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 25, 2003, 10:42 PM
arnt rares rarer online?

SpellBoy
Apr 25, 2003, 11:46 PM
Not as far as I know. The super rares are quest based. Those are online though. Can't wait for the new quest!!!

Dime
Apr 26, 2003, 04:26 AM
Super rares quest based? What do you mean by that?

DJNAPIER
Nov 22, 2003, 03:02 AM
Hey, you guys are lucky. I'm a Lv. 104 RAmar and I have crappy weapons like DB saber,Kaladbolg, and Varista. My only decent weapon is an Angry Fist +3, which kind of sucks on ultimate. If anybody has any tips for finding rares with bluefull, please tell me. Thanks!

Ketchup345
Nov 22, 2003, 09:10 AM
Please don't bump old topics. Please read this. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=67583&forum=1&0)