PDA

View Full Version : Original fanfic ideas

Garanz2
Apr 23, 2003, 03:06 PM
I am thinking of writing my 1st fanfic, but i want it to be original. So many fanfics i've read are from the perspective of playable characters, i've decided to write a fic from the perspective of an enemy/boss. This may turn out to be completely rubbish but oh well...

Plz vote for which kind of enemy/boss you think the story should be from the perspective of and post any interesting plot ideas. I may include characters in the fic so leave a description of your character if interested.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz2 on 2003-04-23 13:07 ]</font>

Yoda86
Apr 23, 2003, 03:16 PM
You could probably easily make a fanfic about a delsaber. It could be some really good warrior of its tribe then get replaced, finding himself climbing the ladder of ranks to reclaim his throne.

Or something like that, kind of the lone Delsaber Warrior thing.

CakeMan
Apr 23, 2003, 03:35 PM
I always wanted to see a robot go psycho and destroy everything.

IceBlink
Apr 23, 2003, 09:00 PM
Try writing one from Kireek, or from Anna and Kroe (is that their names? Can't remember)... or even Shino and her thoughts as she guides the unknown hunter with her down to the Ruins to find her master! o_O

And remember, if any scenes have 'playable' characters, use writing skills to hide the identity of the player character so the NPC will remain in focus! ^_^

KodiaX987
Apr 23, 2003, 10:06 PM
The Delsaber has lots of potential, but you'll have to work hard to exploit it to its fullest. Since the monsters are pretty much mindless in PSO, doing a fanfic featuring one will be a tough (yet doable!) piece of work. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SuzukaCC
Apr 23, 2003, 11:29 PM
I agree the perspective of one of the NPC's would be cool, Kireek or even ash.

Garanz2
Apr 24, 2003, 03:23 AM
Ok, looking good for the Delsaber story so far. I have a few ideas of how it will go but i won't spoil the surprise yet.
Keep the suggestions coming people!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz2 on 2003-04-24 03:54 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 25, 2003, 01:19 AM
On 2003-04-23 13:35, CakeMan wrote:
I always wanted to see a robot go psycho and destroy everything.

That was more or less Dragoon's whole personality in The Recollection of Meira... And there's more of that to come in The Recollection of Crankshaft, and plus, I will mention this now... Dragoon has "brothers" that will appear.
Oh yes... And for those who are following it... Dragoon does indeed make a prolonged appearance in Chapter 6... Oh yes... Very much so... It's also a direct tie-in to The Recollection of Meira.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 25, 2003, 01:24 AM
Oh yeah, and my vote is for the rappy, because just anyone can come up with an exciting story from the point of view of a Delsaber, or Vol Opt, Dark Falz, or Olga Flow, or any other mean or otherwise darkened/gothic-ish architype character-- but it takes a bit more imagination to come up with something interesting out of a cute little rappy. Take a rappy, and write a dramatic, edge of your seat story from its perspective without losing its cutish nature, yet still maintaining that sharp edge you need to hold peoples' attention, and you will prove your skill as a writer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2003-04-24 23:26 ]</font>

Garanz2
Apr 25, 2003, 03:27 AM
I see your point Meira, but seeing as this is my 1st fic, I think i'd better keep it simple. I agree with what you say about rappies proving my skill as a writer, and maybe soon I will write a fic on the cute (but annoying) little balls of fluff called rappies.

Delsaber fic coming soon...

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 25, 2003, 03:56 AM
On 2003-04-25 01:27, Garanz2 wrote:
I see your point Meira, but seeing as this is my 1st fic, I think i'd better keep it simple. I agree with what you say about rappies proving my skill as a writer, and maybe soon I will write a fic on the cute (but annoying) little balls of fluff called rappies.

Delsaber fic coming soon...

Heh... My fiancee insists that Rappies are evil... Regardless of whether they come in the Rag, Al, El, Pal, St., or Egg varieties. I wanna see a Del Rappy.

Garanz2
Apr 25, 2003, 06:52 AM
Del rappy... Hmmm...

Night_Shadow
Apr 25, 2003, 05:08 PM
I think it would be intresting to see what ultimate evil thinks of its self like Dark Falz or Olga (Dark) Flow. Like what do they think they're doing when they attack the people of Pioneer 1 or how they justify themselves.

Garanz2
Apr 26, 2003, 04:18 AM
I like the idea of a del rappy, so I've decided to write a story about a Delsaber and a Del rappy teaming up. I've got the character origins sorted out, but I need a more solid plot (suggestions please)

Here's a taster:

Del knew he was the first rappy to fly, and the new sensation of soaring on the wind made him almost giddy with pride and happiness. the regular rappies gathered on the treetops, chirping in surprise at the sight of the black rappy taking flight. Youth and inexperience soon took their toll, however, and Del came to land in a forested clearing. A small stream trickled past nearby, and Del sat and quenched his thirst. A strange sound made him come instantly alert and look round. Behind him, a few meters away, a tall HUmar was walking toward him. Del was about to approach and greet the newcomer with a friendly peck on the leg, as was instinctive to rappies, when he saw the glowing, green saber in the man's hand. All of a sudden Del felt new emotions, as memories of other rappies being cut down by sabers entered his mind. This man was not here to be friendly, but to kill him. Finally a new emotion emerged, rage. This man had probably cut down scores of other rappies that same day. Del squawked his fury and charged, the fires of vengeance alight in his eyes. The hunter was caught off guard by this agressive move, and was slow to defend himself. Del drove his head into the Hunter's chest, winding the man and driving him to the ground. Then Del began to peck mercilessly at his foe's eyes. The rappy was not discouraged by the blood and continued his furious attack. Within seconds, the nameless human lay still, his face a mashed pulp of blood and bone, clearly dead. Exhausted with the effort, Del could not find the strength to walk, but fainted upon the first human to be killed by a rappy.

This is taken from 'the middle of the beginning', the 2nd chapter. Please post or PM me with comments so I can sort out any problems. I am still open to ideas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz2 on 2003-04-26 02:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz2 on 2003-04-26 09:24 ]</font>

Garanz2
Apr 27, 2003, 08:35 AM
Whaddaya think people? Good? Bad? Promising? Uninspired? I need some opinions here!