PDA

View Full Version : Who's Still Playing and Where?

Battra13
May 26, 2015, 08:46 AM
I finally got my Japanese copy of PSO online on homina homina servers.

Is anybody else playing online with the Gamecube?

kevlar_pso
May 27, 2015, 06:19 AM
Technically, according to the forum rules, you are not supposed to name the private servers. I am playing right now, just not on the one you specified. Send me a private message, and we will see if we can meet up.

NegaTsukasa
May 29, 2015, 03:33 PM
I'll be picking things back up again online. Not on the server you mentioned though, OP.
For the rest of ya, look for an all green Fomar with a scythe named Tsukasa when I get back on. yeah. probably within the next month...

Calamity
May 29, 2015, 05:07 PM
I've been thinking of coming back myself , but If we can't post the server how could we know where to go lol

Anduril
May 29, 2015, 06:09 PM
I've been thinking of coming back myself , but If we can't post the server how could we know where to go lol
Use the power of Google.

InstanceDistance
May 29, 2015, 06:42 PM
I play on Blue burst mostly but I feel like playing on the gamecube for a while and then go back to BB.

kevlar_pso
May 30, 2015, 07:29 AM

You could send me a PM.

Anduril
May 30, 2015, 10:45 AM
You could send me a PM.
That could still get you both banned from the site.

ROLO
May 30, 2015, 04:02 PM
I used to play on a certain server on GC :) I still have the piece that allows me to do it. I do not think I will go online for a while though because I'm hunting the SJS solo offline at seaside! Yes Challenge accepted!

kevlar_pso
May 30, 2015, 07:27 PM
That could still get you both banned from the site.

Wait, what? Ok, I need to re-read the forum rules. I was not aware that private messages could result in a ban. I'll post what I find that relates to this.

Anduril
May 30, 2015, 07:31 PM
Wait, what? Ok, I need to re-read the forum rules. I was not aware that private messages could result in a ban. I'll post what I find that relates to this.
First hand experience. I got banned for a few months a while back because I shared information on the certain private server via PM.

kevlar_pso
May 30, 2015, 08:41 PM
I was looking at your characters in your sig. I used to play with a Kayla on GameCube. We even found out that we both lived in the same state and city. ha

Gunbladelad
May 30, 2015, 08:55 PM
I'm not online too often myself - on a certain Server that Sega Can't handle - due to work constraints, but I do try to get online once every couple of months.

Rapid99
May 31, 2015, 07:09 AM
I mostly play on 2 servers on the most loved/hated one and somewhere where they can't talk English...mostly i play C-Mode, also i prefer to hunt solo(because it's no fun to others to do the same quest 5-10 times in a row just maybe the first 2 stages ect) also always up for EP3(need some new shiny cards(・`ヘ´・)ゞ).

Rapid99

NegaTsukasa
May 31, 2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah. Just sending each other email via google or some mail client would do just fine in getting in touch with what server we are all on. Just as a future reference for others looking at this thread. :-)

Battra13
Jun 1, 2015, 08:50 AM
I mostly play on 2 servers on the most loved/hated one and somewhere where they can't talk English...mostly i play C-Mode, also i prefer to hunt solo(because it's no fun to others to do the same quest 5-10 times in a row just maybe the first 2 stages ect) also always up for EP3(need some new shiny cards(・`ヘ´・)ゞ).

Rapid99

I have not tried the non-English one.

Is it true that NA IP Addresses have been banned?

Rapid99
Jun 1, 2015, 10:11 AM
Nope...the only thing is you can't connect with the US+ version as far as i know.

Rapid99

Kroniedon
Jun 1, 2015, 02:55 PM
I've always just speculated that they've blocked the ports rather than the IPs. Can't recall them off hand without looking at my list, but for an example, if you block TCP port 9100, you've pretty much locked all EU players out. Block port 9000 and there goes NA. I may have the ports wrong, but meh, I think the example still works. xD

Battra13
Jun 1, 2015, 03:43 PM
So, if I have the Japanese version of the game, I should be able to enter into that server?

If that's the case...once my pennies get saved and I have a keyboard again...I'm going to go practice my Japanese. :)

Kroniedon
Jun 1, 2015, 10:56 PM
So, if I have the Japanese version of the game, I should be able to enter into that server?

If that's the case...once my pennies get saved and I have a keyboard again...I'm going to go practice my Japanese. :)

If my theory is correct, yes. xD It is just a theory though. I haven't tried to connect there myself in... umm... 6 years or so. xD

Rapid99
Jun 2, 2015, 02:26 AM
Yes it should work...works perfectly with the PAL version...i never saw the need for a keyboard (۶ૈ ᵒ̌ Дᵒ̌)۶ૈ=͟͟͞͞ ⌨ , but then i can type quite fast on the pad.

Rapid99

Battra13
Jun 2, 2015, 09:47 AM
If my theory is correct, yes. xD It is just a theory though. I haven't tried to connect there myself in... umm... 6 years or so. xD

To connect there I just change out the DNS in my save right?

Battra13
Jun 2, 2015, 09:48 AM
Yes it should work...works perfectly with the PAL version...i never saw the need for a keyboard (۶ૈ ᵒ̌ Дᵒ̌)۶ૈ=͟͟͞͞ ⌨ , but then i can type quite fast on the pad.

Rapid99

Because if I'm typing Japanese, I wanna be able to use hirogana, katakana, and kanji. :)

I already type slower than someone speaking their third language...lately I've been speaking all in Spanish online...that's even slower...

Switch that to Japanese....

It'll be a glacial rate.

SephirothXer0
Jun 3, 2015, 02:29 PM
Just bought another Gamecube and starting up a new character

Thinking of going with Fomar this time since I have always rolled Humar or Hucast before

Battra13
Jun 5, 2015, 01:52 PM
I recently started a FOmar as well.

Like all of my characters he's named in the vein of Godzilla monsters.

He's called Rodan.

Fossil
Jun 6, 2015, 04:44 PM
I've started PSO up again after several years of inactivity(since game stuff was stolen). I want to finish my Guld Milla hunt, so I am grinding my Greenill RAmar to take on spaceship again.

I have the capability to play online, but I am not really interested in losing unequips/corruption and all that bs again. I setup my own server to download online quests to play offline and thats all I need. :)

Ithildin
Jun 15, 2015, 08:43 AM
Still play when I can.

Somnia
Aug 20, 2015, 09:02 PM
I'm playing on the newly opened server. The first three letters are Eph.

Ya'll should check it out, it doesn't have any crazy mods on it.

NDW
Aug 23, 2015, 10:00 AM
I happen to be a GM and Forum Moderator for the server that Somnia is referring to.

I think it is a great private server that is as close as possible to SEGA's official PSOBB JP server when it was up.

LinkDead56k
Aug 26, 2015, 10:05 PM
I would love to be able to play PSO!

snuffles504
Sep 19, 2015, 07:32 PM
WHOA, there's still servers operating? I haven't played PSO online since the Dreamcast days! I'd love to play with other people! I have Ep. I & II Plus for Gamecube.

Genoa
Sep 24, 2015, 11:27 PM
Still playing PSOBB online.
My crisis is I want to play my HUcast the most, but he's at an awkward level around the 120+ where you're expected to be somewhat geared (and he's not, lol) So I am a trap queen (huehue) and something to take all the slaps at the moment.

So I end up playing my FOmarl primarily (who isn't really that geared either, but hey, Lv.30 S/D/J/Z/R pretty much justifies for being carried) as she acquires all the L00tz for my HUcast :x

Which I suppose is fine, I enjoy them both.

... 14 years later, why can't I stop playing this game ;___;

yusic
Sep 27, 2015, 03:58 PM
Playing PSO on the wii/GC via devo and loving the Slytherin community. Playing from lvl 1 and really enjoyed how many people I've met and played with so far.

Gunbladelad
Sep 28, 2015, 02:00 PM
Just as a heads-up, one of the better known servers announced on their facebook feed that after months of problems (both with forum & game account registration and the server being down) the hosting admin has no plans to bring the server back online.

Naturally a lot of us aren't really surprised by that news - it had been going downhill for years.

burning_mice
Sep 29, 2015, 11:48 AM
Not surprising at all. I was wondering how long they would go without posting anymore information.

In a way it's sad to see it go, I had been playing there on and off since July 2005 and have many memories during my time playing there. But then there are other, now much better alternatives, where I would rather spend my time.

LeftyTwoGuns
Oct 9, 2015, 10:49 PM
Started playing BB last week after not having played PSO in probably 10 years (I did love Phantasy Star Zero though)

I love it! Having to do these government quests first then create a separate One Player Mode room is kinda weird but I'm just happy to be playing again. Hopefully now I can get all the stuff I couldn't get before

xjustsumloser
Oct 19, 2015, 07:58 AM
Still playing on Dreamcast v2 online at the server which caters to Dreamcast/PC?GC users. It's a small community, but great for v2/GC users as we have gotten tons of BB quests ported over to our versions and still get other new quests.

I was also playing BB occasionally on a different server before it ceased to exist due to jackassery.

Bradenburg
Oct 25, 2015, 10:38 PM
Playing PSO on the wii/GC via devo and loving the Slytherin community. Playing from lvl 1 and really enjoyed how many people I've met and played with so far.

I recently wiped my memcard and started fresh on Slipper Ants. throw me a PM if you're looking for a Redria RAcaseal levelling partner to break the monotony.

Uaedaien
Nov 28, 2015, 11:12 PM
It is beyond ridiculous to ban people for mentioning private servers when there are no official ones.

Mechacaseal
Dec 8, 2015, 02:17 AM
I don't play on servers since they always ban you and delete your shit and shutdown. dreamcast talk has a psodc server tho some place which is good cause it not saved locally.

Deadlock87
Dec 19, 2015, 12:16 AM
I haven't played in forever tho i have a working Dreamcast and a copy of PSO it's so lonely just playing alone, Not to mention drops suck and that PSOhack server from what i know has been shutdown?

Rev+
Jan 4, 2016, 12:59 AM
Still playing PsoBB, on a certain server which cannot be named.
No games draw me in like PSO does, its s shame.

Uaedaien
Jan 24, 2016, 05:44 PM
I've been playing on a server that can't be named. Gets the job done.

Jesus Christ my comment was edited by a mod. There are no Sega servers get a grip on reality.

laz305
Jan 27, 2016, 09:59 PM
I just learned I can play this on my Wii so at it again lol anybody remember me? ^^;

Mystil
Jan 29, 2016, 05:34 PM
I play VERY rarely..

Uaedaien
Jan 29, 2016, 10:55 PM
I just learned I can play this on my Wii so at it again lol anybody remember me? ^^;

Can you get your Wii online? I thought the game couldn't recognize a Wii internet connection?

Mystil
Jan 30, 2016, 09:23 AM
Oh an as for "where" I'm playing, on my PC of course. I play offline. I haven't been to any private servers since PSU closed down.

laz305
Jan 30, 2016, 04:54 PM
Can anybody help get online? I need to borrow the disc so I can get online with my Wii. I'd pay all shipping costs back and forth ^^

laz305
Jan 31, 2016, 07:22 PM
Can you get your Wii online? I thought the game couldn't recognize a Wii internet connection?

Well as soon as I get the disc that ships tomorrow I'm gonna try this and see if it still works. It's a recent video so I don't see why not
http://youtu.be/keDaiiNWsZE

Fossil
Feb 6, 2016, 03:10 AM
I've picked up playing PSO again over the last month or so. Still on the GC. Have access to online, but don't dabble with it much. Really just set up my own server to DL the online quests for offline play.

chicodarave
Feb 15, 2016, 10:47 PM
I play PSO since Dreamcast.
I'm still playing these days the BB version.

Freeze
Feb 18, 2016, 09:00 PM
After living through several BB server shut downs I've decided just to stick with my PSOX. I do miss the online portion but constantly starting over wears thin after a while.

Rev+
Feb 22, 2016, 01:11 PM
I don't play anymore, apparently some private servers are back etc.

Adriano
Feb 23, 2016, 12:54 AM
I have been playing pso on my wii since December of 2014 but I have been a long time pso gc and x player for over a decade and have about 16 characters in ultimate now lol only want to stay offline for a long time, only thing I wanted online for was gallons shop items and mag cells.
would love to download the quests but currently have no way to.

Adriano
Feb 23, 2016, 12:56 AM
Well as soon as I get the disc that ships tomorrow I'm gonna try this and see if it still works. It's a recent video so I don't see why not
http://youtu.be/keDaiiNWsZE

Yea you can get online with wii

laz305
Feb 23, 2016, 04:44 PM
Yea you can get online with wii

kool thx I finally got on!!!!! Can we meet up? Can ya hook me up with a Mind Mag? :-o

andros09
Feb 24, 2016, 12:00 AM
i play it sometimes in the GC :D

sai_kanzen
Feb 24, 2016, 12:24 AM
The Ultima private server for PSO BB is pretty good.

laz305
Feb 24, 2016, 07:18 AM
i play it sometimes in the GC :D

Curious can the GC get online too?

Dark B.
Feb 24, 2016, 05:31 PM
Curious can the GC get online too?

Yes, GC can get online, I play online with my GC. Havent played the past few months though :/

kevlar_pso
Mar 7, 2016, 01:39 AM
After living through several BB server shut downs I've decided just to stick with my PSOX. I do miss the online portion but constantly starting over wears thin after a while.

Well, if you want. I can fire up my Xbox, and we can play offline (separately) and chat over Skype? It would be like old times. haha

djknitex
Mar 16, 2016, 03:55 PM
I'm still playing casually on the PC. I'm thinking about buying PSOEP1/2 Plus when I get paid and maybe get a GCN (or a Wii)

Maybe I'll fire up my Dreamcast again since I got Ver.2 on it..

Maybe I should start collecting the PSO series... (Wanting to buy box copies of PSO PC/BB)

djknitex
Mar 16, 2016, 09:26 PM
do not do that. you have no reason to do that. you have issues. im being serious. i got the gamecube version. itsl ow resolution and gimped compared to psobb on pc which you already have. i also started with the dreamcast and at one point had a massive dreamcast setup with broadband jump pack vga etc. just stop its dumb to do what you want to do. collecting trash... dont be a weirdo and waste money on trash. (like i did at one point) lol

I never had enough to get a BB for the DC (Which I don't think I will) but I did had to do the umm... idk what you woudl call it but use my PC as a Modem so the DC can get internet and I connected that way... haha

PSO1/2 Plus would be a nice thing to have as a collector's item but idk if I would play. I already own all the PSO DC/1&2 Strat guides. lol

HUcast playah
Apr 7, 2016, 08:15 PM
Just recently started started a HUcast after 7 years of waiting to get my xbox out of the garage after the move.

Crazyleo
Apr 8, 2016, 10:36 AM
Playing at home on the GameCube.

Arcitech
May 2, 2016, 05:34 PM
There's a way to connect to PSO with the dreamcast right? I feel like I remember a way.

Tymek
May 3, 2016, 01:21 PM
I play offline on the GameCube, but that will change very soon.
I used to play on a BB server that starts with an U, but I haven't been there in a while.
Mainly because PC issues forcing my PC to go into repairs.

Let's realize our Dreams!

Fofusa
May 3, 2016, 02:28 PM
I just started playing PSO BB on a private Server today.
I missed PSO so much.
I love this game.

Morbeard
May 4, 2016, 12:59 PM
Still play the odd hour or too on PSO BB, I will never ever tire of the game mind you.

sea1111
May 13, 2016, 01:23 AM
pm me too pls

BWS-1
May 14, 2016, 04:10 PM
If PSO2 or PSO BB doesn't work online for me up here, I'll just keep on playing on Dreamcast ver2.

Calamity
May 16, 2016, 10:49 AM
Just recently started back on a server that starts with an E , I don't think you can connect on GameCube yet but we had 100 ppl on last night lol

Shinnomura
May 21, 2016, 03:49 AM
Started last night on one with U.
Shinomura (pink)
Utemaru (orange)

NDW
May 29, 2016, 04:34 AM
I play on E _ _ _ _ _ A.

Luneth
May 29, 2016, 06:50 PM
Playing on Gamecube because PSO2 on PS4 is giving me some problems. Level 43 on hard in forest. I may be a little over leveled from farming.

Crazyleo
May 29, 2016, 09:22 PM
Playing on GC at home.

Asuna (67 Racaseal VH)

LaughingMan
Jun 6, 2016, 12:10 AM
I just started playing again on GC. Only lvl 31 RAmarl but I'm trucking along and almost have my sato. I'm debating getting the Internet adapter does anyone else play online with a GC anymore? I know I can't play with anyone but other GC users. Being on this site brings back so many memories as well its a good feeling.

Luneth
Jun 6, 2016, 05:02 PM
@laughingman Once I get PSO+(corruption reasons), I plan on going online with S******k, and I know they have an active community still going even on gamecube.

LaughingMan
Jun 6, 2016, 06:20 PM
I'll order that wifi adapter then. Farming love rappies for twin psycho guns wish me luck.

xjustsumloser
Jun 17, 2016, 10:15 PM
I never had enough to get a BB for the DC (Which I don't think I will) but I did had to do the umm... idk what you woudl call it but use my PC as a Modem so the DC can get internet and I connected that way... haha

Set yourself up a DreamPI. You use a Raspberry PI conntected to your dreamcast to bridge your dialup modem to your broadband internet. Its simple and incredibly cheap.

Here is the site with info:
http://blog.kazade.co.uk/p/dreampi.html

A video Tutorial can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPvNQAi-yeM

This can be used for dreamcast or gamecube users who lack a BBA.

Dongra
Jun 27, 2016, 02:15 PM
I play on E _ _ _ _ _ A.

Same, easily the best BB server up right now.

Crazyleo
Jun 27, 2016, 02:57 PM
Found myself playing on a GC server

laz305
Aug 6, 2016, 10:05 AM
Which one?

Crazyleo
Aug 7, 2016, 03:06 AM
Which one?

Sent you a PM in response.

Shu_or
Aug 11, 2016, 11:06 PM
I just started playing again, of course all my data was deleted...so i have to start all over again :( . Needless to say its has mostly been a single player experience XD.

Crazyleo
Aug 13, 2016, 02:24 AM
Switched to a different server due to lack of community.

Ryna
Aug 13, 2016, 03:38 PM
Sent you a PM in response.

Relevant to this topic:
There is no need to use the PM method anymore. You can name names and provide links in threads now. The private server rule was removed and changed into a disclaimer:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules

What's Not Allowed:
* Posting full sets of connection instructions.
* Posting inflammatory statements about other unofficial server forums.

Crazyleo
Aug 14, 2016, 12:56 AM
Okay then. Wasn't aware of the change in policy regarding private servers. Hence my response.

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 14, 2016, 11:33 AM
So where're you playing now, Crazyleo?

Crazyleo
Aug 14, 2016, 06:21 PM
So where're you playing now, Crazyleo?

Playing on Schthack. :D

Currently I only have 1 character; a lvl 117 Racaseal by the name of Asuna.

AlexCraig
Aug 18, 2016, 09:30 PM
I used to play on a very small private server. But eventually it went down and was never brought back up. I may look to hopping on a new server at some point, as long as any alterations to it aren't gamebreaking. Lately been playing PSO2 mostly (and No Man's Sky and Pokemon), and with classes starting next monday, so my time is preoccupied.

SELENNA
Aug 19, 2016, 09:03 PM
Unfortunately, the series is dead in the West. I'm also not too much of a fan of PSO2 and since we are IP blocked well...that sucks. I wish we could get Sega of America to actually care but it seems they won't bring us PSO anymore. I used to play on SCHTHACK too. I might play Nova on PSP someday...

Uaedaien
Aug 19, 2016, 09:07 PM
Doesn't Nova have issues with hackers?

Sora Yuuki
Dec 11, 2016, 02:10 PM
I play on RevPSO on and off depending on whether I have the time to even play PSO while balancing FFXIV/work/school. It's a pretty small community, but it's got its charm and has been quite the experience so far.

inb4 deadthread necropost

Tymek
Dec 12, 2016, 03:34 PM
I don't remember if I have ever posted in this thread.
Either way.

I am currently playing on the PHANTASY STAR ONLINE BLUE BURST Ultima Private Server.
Once I get a Nintendo GameCube Broadband Adapter, however, I plan on playing on either SCHTHACK or Sylverant through my GameCube! :)

Zysets
Dec 12, 2016, 03:50 PM
I rarely play, but every once in awhile I jump into the Ephinea server. I'd be glad to play if anyone was interested, but I'm still at "Normal difficulty" levels because most of my time is in PSO2 currently.

Also been hitting up Clementine PSU whenever they have public access, but that's not relevant here, huh.

Adriano
Jan 11, 2017, 02:46 AM
Offline mostly on my softmodded wii.
I sometimes log on schtserv for holiday rappies and gallons shop items but I enjoy knowing my characters are safe in the comfort of my own home only thing I have to worry about is corruption. Which I'll surely make sure I back up regularly

juvinwo
Apr 16, 2018, 12:52 PM
Hey everyone, I am just starting again with my old characters. I started playing. Banked my hacked items cuz I knew they were not necessary and then started playing. But from what I can tell, all I got were meseta and commons in boxes and drops with one run through the forest. Is this normal? I can’t remember..... thanks!

zoulen
Jun 15, 2018, 03:45 PM
I still actively play offline, and I run a pretty small server but it consists of just a large group of friends, other than that it hasn't branched out to public, and I doubt anyone would really care to play.

Still praying SEGA will remaster/re-release the game but I doubt I'll see them ever doing it anymore.

djknitex
Jun 18, 2018, 04:59 PM
I was thinking of getting PSO EP 1/2 Plus again but I sometimes play on Ephinea.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 18, 2018, 09:48 PM
I'll be starting up a let's play live stream series soon which I'll be posting on this forum.

djknitex
Jun 18, 2018, 11:04 PM
I'll be starting up a let's play live stream series soon which I'll be posting on this forum.

Which server you going to play on? I don't mind jumping on