PDA

View Full Version : Thief Warning

kat
Apr 23, 2003, 04:43 PM
I was playing on my ususal ship (deneb, block 8 ) c. 1:30 Pacific Standard Time, and I was with some great players... and one pathetic one. We were on hard, all c. level 60 in the Runins and this level 32ish Jester force pops in, wants to trade, leaves when no one's interested... comes back, tries to fight falz with us and spends most of his time dying...

Anyway, the three of us finally beat it, and he had accidently sent himself back to town after dying at one point... so we went back, and I gave one of the players a DB saber (I picked up 3 yesterday on rappy hunt)and the whole time I'm doing that, he's running about and wanting to trade, and I refuse it at least 4 times... She gets her saber, and he's lurking about. She goes to give me a Stink Frame, and just as I hit 'a' to grab it up he runs through and picks it up.

We tell him to give it back, it wasn't for him. He gives us a ':)' and then gets out of there...

So, the moral of the story is as follows:

1) A stink Frame is so appropiate for him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
2) I'm betting he stole the hidelbear's head he was using too...
3) I'd recomend not playing with him or doing anything for him like resurections or helping him find the high level disks he kept asking for.

To that end, here's the relevant info:

Characters:
CCG jester force (was c. level 32 as of today)
Rikimaru a male hunter, we think

His guild card # 340201243

*edit- changed goof on Barrier vs Frame*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kat on 2003-04-23 15:37 ]</font>

hucasts_rock
Apr 23, 2003, 04:52 PM
that's what the trading window is for...use it

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 23, 2003, 04:54 PM
Jesus, Reading these posts make me hate ignorant basterds ever more. I hate everyone thats thinks of only themselves, and dosent care about others.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 23, 2003, 05:12 PM
Start -> Items -> Trade

Tulathis
Apr 23, 2003, 05:13 PM
She goes to give me a Stink Barrier, and just as I hit 'a' to grab it up he runs through and picks it up.

You mean a Stink Frame, right? I've never heard of a Stink Barrier. That sucks that you got robbed.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 23, 2003, 05:36 PM
Man if I could play online there is no way in hell I would steal stuff from other people. If I could play online I would give people free stuff if they wanted, for example: I have enough Yamatos so if I could play online, you ask me for one you get one for free. Stuff like that I wish everybody would do, then playing PSO online would be a much more enjoyable experience.

Kthak
Apr 23, 2003, 05:39 PM
If it is on the ground, anyone can pick it up. He didn't steal anything... there are trade windows for a reason.

kat
Apr 23, 2003, 06:10 PM
On 2003-04-23 15:39, Kthak wrote:
If it is on the ground, anyone can pick it up. He didn't steal anything... there are trade windows for a reason.

so, if I were to drop something for a specific person, you would have no problem with grabbing it for yourself?

2Xtreme
Apr 23, 2003, 06:32 PM
I think what everyone is saying is as follows: You can't condone what the thief did, because it's just not right. However, in the world of online games, stealing is just as normal as stopping at a red light or flushing the toilet when you're done. You couldn't do anything about the theif, but you could have done something about your item - use the trade window. It's in the game because it's an accepted fact that theives won't go away.

dj_dan
Apr 23, 2003, 06:33 PM
Yes Kat. Whenever I drop an item on the ground, I regard it as free stuff for anyone that wants it.

Like someone said earlier, use the trade window. I still don't understand why these things keep happening, the trade window was made for this exact scenario.

I'm sure you have learned a valuable lesson and you will always use the trade window from now on.

The only time items on the ground are not up for grabs is when I'm playing in JP games, on JP ships.
They have a much different/better system of playing and sharing rares.

Kthak
Apr 23, 2003, 06:55 PM
On 2003-04-23 16:10, kat wrote:

On 2003-04-23 15:39, Kthak wrote:

so, if I were to drop something for a specific person, you would have no problem with grabbing it for yourself?

I wouldn't do that, but I accept that you can't feel robbed if someone does it to you. This is the reason they put trade windows into the game, the reason they put locks on doors and cars, etc. Some people, if given the chance will take what isn't their's if given a chance.

When you put something on the ground you invite a "theif" to take it, so the second something touches the ground it is fair game.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 23, 2003, 09:59 PM
Moral of the story:
Don't give your freaking guild card out to people you plan on screwing.
Use the trade window.

kat
Apr 25, 2003, 03:39 PM
On 2003-04-23 16:33, dj_dan wrote:

The only time items on the ground are not up for grabs is when I'm playing in JP games, on JP ships.
They have a much different/better system of playing and sharing rares.

How does that work? Im currious....

zimmk2vgc
Apr 25, 2003, 04:14 PM
If you were playing the DC version, then you are forgiven. If your on the GC or XBOX then you should go a bang ur brains out against a large concrete wall. The trade window was added to the GC version because of complaints of theives. If an item lies on the ground, anyone can pick it up. NEVER DO TRADING BY DROPPING NOW. I have been stolen from and have stolen, but that was then and this is now. Everyone has done it once. You have to accept that items on the floor are free for anyone to pick up. Drop stuffat your own risk. The definition of a theive now in PSO is someone who steals through the trade window. A hackers job.

Belmont
Apr 25, 2003, 08:36 PM
I'm thinking psox shoulk make a loan thing where you can loan someone a item and after a time of 30min you recieve your item back and they loose it it helps honst mistakes also once i borrowed a MAG from some guy and forgot to give it back to him i had his guild card and had to track him down he was very greatful lol

Belmont
Apr 25, 2003, 08:41 PM
also...
just so you guys understand another senerio you cant trade off the pioneer?so how do you swap items before facing the boss when you have no pipes?There will always be thiefs/cowboys"Bountey Hunters"(If for some reason there is a pso bounty on your head)runing around so i think you should report thiefs it will help others not run into this selfish/box grabber

Kthak
Apr 25, 2003, 10:19 PM
Then you ryuker or use a telepipe and go back to Pioneer 2 to trade. If you are so lazy you can't waste 1 minute of your time to go to Pioneer 2 to trade you deserve to get your item "stolen."

SpellBoy
Apr 29, 2003, 01:58 AM
The real theives go to the Japanese servers. The Japanese have this habit of laying rares/good items, etc down and after beating Orga/Falz have a good old fashion trade off. You know, like back in the D&D days? ^_^

It was funny walking in on a game with two Japanese players engaged in the Mines and this guy was picking over they're rare drops. *shrugs*

Keep in mind from what I've seen the practice is dwindling. They just don't drop the stuff till everyone leaves. Because of said thieves.

Satine
Apr 30, 2003, 11:28 AM
Unfortunately I've come across a few thieves/cons online, usually the way I see them operate is after playing a while with the team the thief says to everyone

"Hey everyone nice game, I like you all! Tell you what, I'll dupe your stuff for free!"

Then one or two people will take the person up on their offer, give them their stuff and the thief says they will be right back then never shows up to return the other player's items.

The sad thing is the people that get taken that way were in the wrong as well but none the less stealing is stealing and the whole thing was wrong.

CakeMan
Apr 30, 2003, 05:26 PM
On 2003-04-23 15:36, mightyJoeDunn wrote:
Man if I could play online there is no way in hell I would steal stuff from other people. If I could play online I would give people free stuff if they wanted, for example: I have enough Yamatos so if I could play online, you ask me for one you get one for free. Stuff like that I wish everybody would do, then playing PSO online would be a much more enjoyable experience.

You are a true knight if you ever get online and you see me i'll give u 9 rappies wings for that one yamamoto. I have like 20 of them i don't know why i'm the only one who picks them up.

CakeMan
Apr 30, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-04-25 18:36, Belmont wrote:
I'm thinking psox shoulk make a loan thing where you can loan someone a item and after a time of 30min you recieve your item back and they loose it it helps honst mistakes also once i borrowed a MAG from some guy and forgot to give it back to him i had his guild card and had to track him down he was very greatful lol

what would happin if they suddenly signed off. then you'd be screwed. The only way to be 100% safe from theivs is to never give anything away that isn't in a trade window.

Setekh
Apr 30, 2003, 08:13 PM
On 2003-04-28 23:58, SpellBoy wrote:
The real theives go to the Japanese servers. The Japanese have this habit of laying rares/good items, etc down and after beating Orga/Falz have a good old fashion trade off. You know, like back in the D&D days? ^_^

It was funny walking in on a game with two Japanese players engaged in the Mines and this guy was picking over they're rare drops. *shrugs*

Keep in mind from what I've seen the practice is dwindling. They just don't drop the stuff till everyone leaves. Because of said thieves.

Haha. I went on a japanese Server, and as I signed in I saw that when I walked up to the counter of the bank, 2 rares and a mess of items were laying around And no one was there, they were all hunting! they left the rares sitting there!

Lotta fun takin' and runnin'

Seriously though, I think they were left for free.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Setekh on 2003-04-30 18:15 ]</font>

RagMasterRappy
Apr 30, 2003, 08:31 PM
On 2003-04-30 18:13, Setekh wrote:
Haha. I went on a japanese Server, and as I signed in I saw that when I walked up to the counter of the bank, 2 rares and a mess of items were laying around And no one was there, they were all hunting! they left the rares sitting there!

Lotta fun takin' and runnin'

Seriously though, I think they were left for free.

Don't be a big doo doo head. They weren't left there for any random person to walk in and take them.

And also, don't be too critical of my wording. I had to soften it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-04-30 18:37 ]</font>