PDA

View Full Version : Capcom saves the game industry (MHX Thread)

The Walrus
May 31, 2015, 07:57 AM
Stylish Hunter X (www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz7Ge7SJOX8)

Stealthcmc1974
May 31, 2015, 08:11 AM
I still don't have a 3ds so... [shrug]

Sayara
May 31, 2015, 09:33 AM
Looks like any otherr MoHun.
Which is not like PSO2 at all anyway. So...

The Walrus
May 31, 2015, 09:55 AM
It has a bunch of new stylish attacks and stuff yo. WE STYLE NOW.

Also the base concepts of both are pretty similar, even if execution is different. Though I was moreso saying it for my own thing, doubt I'll pso2 much after it gets released over here.

NoiseHERO
May 31, 2015, 10:33 AM
Is this considered a normal monster hunter game? or is only thing different the added super moves?

Either way I'm liking the setting + moves.

The Walrus
May 31, 2015, 11:44 AM
I think it counts as a spinoff

Demon-
May 31, 2015, 01:19 PM
No, I don't want to play flintstones the game, I just want be a space elf!

The Walrus
May 31, 2015, 02:32 PM
:/

gonna just remove the thing cause god forbid

strikerhunter
May 31, 2015, 02:53 PM
Monster Hunter + Dinosaurs that aren't raptors?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Noblewine
May 31, 2015, 09:36 PM
Monster Hunter + Dinosaurs that aren't raptors?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

XD

Capcom needs to release different games not the same thing before they make claims they've fixed the gaming industry. =/
Its just the same thing with minor updates. why do people fall for this EVERYTIME. =-=;;

strikerhunter
May 31, 2015, 10:14 PM
XD

Capcom needs to release different games not the same thing before they make claims they've fixed the gaming industry. =/
Its just the same thing with minor updates. why do people fall for this EVERYTIME. =-=;;

Your right on the minor update part, but that is to be expected as the game is just a combination of Frontier, Online, and the Main series together rather than the next Generation.

From a westerner's POV that didn't port Frontier, it's all new since Frontier and Online mechanics are region exclusive that have yet to see a western port. Then again, we may not even see a western port of cross :P

As for gaming industry stuff, don't think Capcom ever claimed such thing just the thread saying it did <_<

Is this considered a normal monster hunter game? or is only thing different the added super moves?

Either way I'm liking the setting + moves.
Currently it's considered as a Main series game. No idea on why would it be considered as a spin off since it's basically Frontier + Online + Main series hence why it's titled "Cross".
Those super moves, as said above, are from Online and Frontier.

The Walrus
May 31, 2015, 10:17 PM
Yeah it was totes just me saying they're saving gaming yo

Vampy
Jun 1, 2015, 11:47 AM
This isn't a minor expansion. For one there is a bigger focus on personalization. There are 4 styles for each weapon and there are 14 weapons already bring in 56 possible ways to tackle any specific monster. Then there is the 4 different flagship monsters I am assuming for each village. There are 4 different ones across 4 different generations. Then there is your supers new to the series to further personalize your style.

Zorafim
Aug 7, 2015, 09:01 AM
I was going to ask what was wrong with the game industry. Then I remembered how garbage modern games are.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 7, 2015, 05:07 PM
This isn't a minor expansion. For one there is a bigger focus on personalization. There are 4 styles for each weapon and there are 14 weapons already bring in 56 possible ways to tackle any specific monster. Then there is the 4 different flagship monsters I am assuming for each village. There are 4 different ones across 4 different generations. Then there is your supers new to the series to further personalize your style.
And like every personalization game, only ~5 styles will be considered useful and not scrubadub dub tier.

DRIGZ
Aug 7, 2015, 06:48 PM
Had great memories playing monster hunter tri with friends for wii, if only I had the money for a 3ds :C