PDA

View Full Version : Game Splatoon

Pages : [1] 2

Ce'Nedra
May 31, 2015, 03:12 PM
Anyone else got this way to addicting game and what are your thoughts?

For me it was something I kinda needed, something fun that you just keep playing, unlike PSO2 atm.

Story mode is rather short and feels a lot like Mario Galaxy, the final boss is just insane and long but the online multiplayer is fun and doesn't get boring so far. Only shame so far is that it only rotates between 2 maps which alter every few hours, would loved to see more variation in that. Also the beginner gun is way to broken with that shield special.

World Wide servers without any form of lag is something some games can learn from though.

Sayara
May 31, 2015, 08:44 PM
The way it balances players around though is dreadful.
I was level 5 and all others are 19-20? please.

Also i snuck into one of your games once lol

Anduril
May 31, 2015, 10:29 PM
I wish I had a bit of expendable income to get myself a WiiU. Between this game, Smash Bros., and Mario Kart 8, I've really been wanting to get one. (I'm bad at saving money)

Mantiskilla
May 31, 2015, 11:09 PM
Oh yeah I'm really diggin' the game. Online is pretty fun but balancing could be better for sure. I'm just a lowly lvl 5 right now

landman
Jun 1, 2015, 03:14 AM
The way it balances players around though is dreadful.
I was level 5 and all others are 19-20? please.

Also i snuck into one of your games once lol
Agree, I was like losing against the same 3 players with uber weapon sets many times in a row and every time the server would put them in the same team lol

I feel like once I level up all available clothes I will have nothing else to do, but so far the game is giving me new threads every day...

Ce'Nedra
Jun 1, 2015, 09:54 AM
Yeah at first I thought the game balances around levels until I was in a match with 4 lv10+ against 4 <lv10. It just seems pretty much random. Aerospray and Splattershot JR are pretty much the 2 top weapons to use in this game.

What's everyone's name so I know who I'm playing with? I think it picks your Nintendo network ID or something? Would love to have a few games with you guys.

The game is just way to addicting right now for me. Did see a few times though people randomly d/c'ing right as the game start, as in only 3 players on my team spawn...those 3v4 matches are pretty much impossible to win but I pulled it off once and a few times that we lost by 1 or 0,5% or so. It's really hard sometimes to see who won ^^;

Also Ranked mode will unlock when enough people level up. Its something like a King of the Hill style and we get 2 more modes as well somewhere in august as well more maps and such so the game will get more content soon.

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2015, 10:59 AM
It's very very addicting. And actually, the character name is not your Nintendo ID, but the name of the Mii you have currently associated with that Nintendo ID you signed in as.

Mine would show up in Splatoon as Dave Reed, even though my NID is different.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 1, 2015, 11:35 AM
So I got pointed to this yesterday by Ezo.

neogaf:
"Splatoon will receive free content throughout the summer, with free new gear and weapons, as well as maps being released every other week, and two new modes later in the summer."

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/sbzvnV5.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hope it will be enough to last for a while.

@Akaimizu: Ah thats intresting, good to know.

Edit: new content arrived today! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055240

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2015, 12:27 PM
It will be because the content will keep coming out for that long. And probably longer than that. We are talking about the Animal Crossing Branch, which is behind this game.

They've been known for their pay up once, get later-released content for free, model. Their previous game efforts (since AC Wild World) have usually given Animal Crossing fans new free Downloadable content, for years after purchase. Now I can't say for how long they will do this since it isn't Animal Crossing itself. But I would be rather surprised, if they stop after all the promised updates are out. (The currently announced modes, including Capture the Tower, and Paintbrush weapons, and all currently revealed 9 additional mystery maps).

Take note, we're soon to get a great Mix-up soon, in the form of the First Splatoon Competition Festival. Where (In Phantasy Star Online Fashion), they dress up the Inkling Town in special festival decorations and music, and you get new battle challenges for exclusive rewards.

landman
Jun 1, 2015, 12:55 PM
Auch 10 minutes the next game mode? I love splatoon because games are just 3 minutes lol it's so easy to say "just another one" again and again...

If someone wants to ad me as a friend, my Nintendo ID is suketodara, but my mii/inkling shows as landman.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 1, 2015, 02:11 PM
Oh that sounds really great. I hope they will update it for longer then 2-3 months at least. I kinda want to keep playing this game for years even if its just a few quick games a week or so.

I've added you Landman.

blace
Jun 1, 2015, 05:17 PM
I got the game on launch day in the US and my experience on that day was horrid. I pit against Japanese players that had a full day of gameplay experience and people that had a review copy of the game.

It wasn't impossible, but it sure was a difficult for the first 10 rounds of losing streaks. After that, it became fairly easy, dodging and hiding in puddles of ink out of sight and ambushing whoever comes in, are the most used tactics I've seen.

I would like more map variety since I get incredibly bored after playing Saltspray Rig five times in a row.

I've also bought the amiibo, but haven't done much with Captain Cuttlefish to use them effectively. There are far too many inkling schoolgirls and samurais running around with the golden spray gun.

Mantiskilla
Jun 2, 2015, 02:41 AM
Add me if you want I think some friend battles would be pretty cool if we got enough people

Nintendo ID: Mantiskilla

Mii/Inkling: Mantis

Ce'Nedra
Jun 2, 2015, 05:41 AM
When I played the first time Japan was asleep so I had a easier time leveling, aside 2 random lv14 Japanese that were still awake ^^; Aeorspray is no fun to fight against when you just start playing. Played 2 noon's with JP players and you clearly see they are better but its still pretty possible to beat them and win. I love being on the losing hand for the first 2 mins and then manage to fight back the last full minute and barely win.

More map variety would be nice, maybe they will do that later when all the maps are out, or at least rotate them faster...seems to be every 3-4 hours or so that maps rotate now? Also what weapon does everyone use? For me right now its the Kraken Roller or the Golden Aerospray. Tried "sniper" (forgot the name...Kelpsomething, biggest range with Sprinkler and Killer Wave) last night but I have to get into it, doesn't give me much points though and I'm still leveling to 20 so will give it more of a spin once I hit 20. Killing potential seems nice, had someone yolo'ing into my scope, he didn't survive :D

I already have you added I think Mantis ^^;

landman
Jun 2, 2015, 07:06 AM
I received the game the day before launch and yeah, mostly japanese players and some were leveled up, but maybe I was lucky enough to be teamed in balanced games so my experience was mostly positive and highly addictive lol the games that end in 10/90% are definitely the worst ones, not exciting if you win and quite humiliating if you lose.

I've been having a hard time trying to get used to other weapons other than the splatershoot jr lol currently trying the Nintendo Zapper for the lulz but I miss the spread that allows the splattershoot to ink great areas in an instant. I use the custom splatershoot jr with the echolocator special, and the zapper also uses the echolocator so that made me try it.

And new gamemode feels great, king of the hill with no need to be on the hill, just paint it :P if you get dominated you receive zero exp thou... and lose rank.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 2, 2015, 07:43 AM
Try the Aerosprayers, you have to beat the 3rd boss in story mode to unlock them and be lv7+.
People compare it with the JR and compare it like this: If you want to kill get the JR because of its broken Bubbler Special, if you want to paint areas for more points get the Aerosprays. The Silver has Seeker and something else, the Gold one has Mines and Inkstrike which is so nasty to launch 2 seconds before the match end and win with it lol.

Aerospray is weaker in damage, range is about same I think but its the fastest gun in the game right now, with that gun I can still get 8 kills and earn 1200 points in win.

NoiseHERO
Jun 2, 2015, 11:07 AM
can I use white ink?

and name myself the penetrator?

blace
Jun 2, 2015, 05:36 PM
I hopped into my first ranked game where it was peak times for Japanese players. Lost 2 matches.

I've been using the Splattershot Pro mostly for the Inkstrike, otherwise the Krak-On Splatroller is my usual go to weapon.

ShinMaruku
Jun 2, 2015, 09:29 PM
can I use white ink?

and name myself the penetrator?

Those are not inklings. That's your inner cthulus.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 3, 2015, 02:53 AM
I hopped into my first ranked game where it was peak times for Japanese players. Lost 2 matches.

I've been using the Splattershot Pro mostly for the Inkstrike, otherwise the Krak-On Splatroller is my usual go to weapon.

I switched to the Zapper for ranking. That thing is brutal there. It kills fast, it has bombs and echo locater so its easier to see campers and ambushers coming...Last night when I played I had a avg kill count of 10 or so because of that, I'm 5 points away from hitting C+

Anyone any idea why the game randomly adds seconds in black below your timer? It stops your timer and have to clear those first. Maybe penalties for losing the area after holding it a long time?

landman
Jun 3, 2015, 03:56 AM
Try the Aerosprayers, you have to beat the 3rd boss in story mode to unlock them and be lv7+
I just reached lvl 13 and upgraded to the gold one, now I'll need to find a way to make good use of the mines lol but I miss the echolocator so much...

So I was thinking... what happens if I get all available clothes and level them up and all end with crappy random boosts? the only solution is to order more clothes from the spiky head girl? can you order from her items you already have?

Ce'Nedra
Jun 3, 2015, 04:49 AM
I never used Echolocator until last night in Splat Zone, the Zapper is insane there as mentioned before. I can see why someone misses the skill if they used it from the beginning but I personally prefer to have more offense, just pay attention to your surroundings is mostly enough for me not to need Echolocator. Inkstrike is also sneaky to use last second and win by it since they can't do anything about it and it still counts even if the timer hits 0.

I went from Roller at lv4 to Aerospray at lv13 and that thing is also pretty amazing. Mines aren't that hard to use, just dump them either when you see someone coming and hide, in a 1v1 close range battle (works like a charm since they trigger when people get in range, not when stepping on it) or on well known spots that people go through. For example in Saltspray Rig I tend to drop them in the middle between the boxes on the north side, since that place is always fought over for. 8/10 times it catches someone :3

I think you can still order through him/her? even if you own it already. As far I know only restriction is "not for sale" which refers to Amiibo and Hero gear and Ithink it has to have appeared in your shop at least once before.

blace
Jun 3, 2015, 06:15 AM
Anyone any idea why the game randomly adds seconds in black below your timer? It stops your timer and have to clear those first. Maybe penalties for losing the area after holding it a long time?
I did a few ranked games and I think it's a timer based on the difference in points. The larger the difference the longer the wait time. I could be wrong though, need to look into it more.

I think you can still order through him/her? even if you own it already. As far I know only restriction is "not for sale" which refers to Amiibo and Hero gear and Ithink it has to have appeared in your shop at least once before.

From what I've tried with Spyke, you can't order the same clothing you already own. May be different after the latest patch, but haven't found anyone wearing the same gear I have.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 3, 2015, 07:29 AM
On one hand that would balance stuff out to make it more fair but on the other hand, if you dominate badly for 90 seconds in a row and then get lose control you'd get a insane wait time if you recapture again. I've lost a few matches exactly because of that reason.

I hope you can get the same clothes again through Spyke, otherwise it would be kind of meh since you can't pick your own abilities and stuff gets thrown at you randomly, sometimes stacking, which you don't want. I have that with my Hero gear for example. My armor and boots both have 1 slot that's the same which kills its efficiency and you can only get Hero gear after beating story mode so I'm pretty much screwed over because of that.

landman
Jun 3, 2015, 10:52 AM
Abilities don't stack their effect?

btw, analogue or giro control? I'd use giro if I could move the analogue up/down, I can like it as a complementary element for precision (it did great in gravity rush), but being forced to one or the other... I switched back to analogue the moment I finally found the options menu in the touch screen...

Akaimizu
Jun 3, 2015, 11:08 AM
I'm definitely Gyro controls. It's just what I work best with. It's basically their solution to get mouse-like accuracy to handheld controllers and I've gotten better with that than with twin analogue.

I haven't figured out whether items effects stack or not. Or even stack with reduction (kind of like how a 2nd stack effect may stack with a lesser amount than the first, and so on). I would need to buy a lot more, and experiment a lot more (growing abilities through gear experience) to get an idea.

blace
Jun 3, 2015, 02:12 PM
Gyro controls here, stuck with it because of not knowing the gamepad counted as a separate screen

As for the effects, I've bought clothes that had three slots and repeatedly had the same effects. They don't stack and from what I can remember I think it was mentioned Spyke could help with that somehow.

Akaimizu
Jun 3, 2015, 02:45 PM
Spyke actually has abilities to really aid with Gear abilities. However, I don't think people have access to that yet. There's a specific currency in the game, people will be able to earn, which will allow him to make gear modifications.

landman
Jun 4, 2015, 12:02 AM
Then why does the test area has different dummies with different defence shields? I thought it represented stacking defence boosts...

blace
Jun 4, 2015, 12:25 AM
Going to have to assume, defense boosts from the effects and the large ones being the Kraken special from the Krak-On Splat Roller. It could be just me, but I do take minor damage while swimming around and terrorizing the opposite team during the special.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 4, 2015, 01:49 AM
The cat mentioned before that stacked abilities have reduced effect I think. I know someone did at least.

Last night had some insane ranking battles...Started C and went away as a B...had seriously 40 wins in a row before my streak was broken lol. Was 2 matches away from B+, joined a new group, all B ranks and lost 3 times in a row. Hit level 20 in this progress though. Time to buy all the gear :3

Also what's the difference between analog and Gyro again? I pretty much have to tilt my gamepad to aim up and down.

blace
Jun 4, 2015, 02:59 AM
It's either tilt or no tilt controls.

By default the gyroscopic sensor is on and disables aiming up and down with the right stick.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 4, 2015, 03:43 AM
Oh you can change that? Need to try it out then. I don't mind tilting the controller, I just have to set camera back each time with Y.

landman
Jun 4, 2015, 05:08 AM
If I could move up/down with the analogue I wouldn't mind having the gyro as complementary precision, it works this way in some Vita games with good results, and I don't think it could be hard to implement, when I player with gyro at first I was just facing the floor or the ceiling without even noticing.

And I just finished the campaign and OMG that EPIC final boss battle...

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2015, 11:05 AM
Yeah. Seems everybody likes that final boss battle. I wouldn't say it is as Epic as the Final showdown in Wonderful 101. (Hardly anything could reach that) But the combination of fun, humor, and craziness definitely makes a memorable one for the record books.

blace
Jun 4, 2015, 03:40 PM
I found the combination of platforming and keep my attention on the boss fairly annoying. I like the idea, but the whole hands thing could've gotten more work. It's a nice throwback to the older StarFox games though.

landman
Jun 4, 2015, 11:40 PM
Yeah the boss is very Platinum in all senses, and I guess I was shocked about the soundtrack, I was thinking in things like Space Channel 5 and Jet Set Radio while playing it. This game is the most "blue skies" I've ever seen in a Nintendo franchise.

blace
Jun 5, 2015, 02:51 AM
It had a vibe that made it feel so much like Jet Set Radio. At first glance before I looked into it further, I thought it was a Sega game because of that.

I feel that the game is still lacking considering on disc content is lacking, and the online multiplayer limits its maps to two at a time. Feels a bit stagnant and I'm only rank 13 in the online mode.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 5, 2015, 06:45 AM
Let's just hope they will add more maps to the rotation when more maps get released. I Don't mind the 4 hour rotations but only 2 maps a time can kill it I guess.

The final boss needed some real reflex work imo, specially int he very final stage when you get Killer Whailed non stop while having to fend of that missle 3 times in a row. I had to redo that part so many times. Think it took me 30 mins to clear the boss battle or something, or at least it felt that way.

redroses
Jun 6, 2015, 01:28 PM
Also a Splatoon addict here!
This game is just so much fun, and I still can play it for hours. Splat Zones has been evil to me though, I finally made it a bit into B-, but depending on the team, that can change back to C+ in a couple of rounds. Have been switching between C+ and B- for days.

Also, having way too much fun with the paintbrush as of today, that weapon is just crazy fun to use.
I am currently trying to save up some money, so I can get Spyke to reroll my sub abilities, but I am using all my money on clothes as well, so it has been taking its time, lmao.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 6, 2015, 03:59 PM
Splat Zones ARE evil. I have the main issue I have no clue what weapon to use for it...every time I think I found the weapon to use I lose big time and get annoyed because I think it might be me that causes the losses. I can't seem to level up in B+. I drop to B- and then I find some game room where I dominate everything with Kraken Roller (best I did was a 23/4 K/D count on Port Mackerel) all the way back up to B+ and then I join a other room for whatever reason and I get beat down to B or B- instantly again. It's pretty frustrating I can tell.

Brush on the other hand is pretty fun to use, just had a few games where we had 6 rollers and 2 brushes and it was just plain madness everywhere xD.

I also added a 4th slot to my Octa armor and boots, I just like the look together with Pilot Goggles to much. Now to try re-roll my boots for Stealth Jump.

Frustrated parts aside, this game brightens my mood literally and always makes me smile...it's been a while I felt this great playing a game.

Also is it maybe an idea for people to list their nintendo network ID's so I can put them in the OP so we can easier get more friends for the friends content we get later?

Ce'Nedra
Jun 11, 2015, 02:57 AM
New area goes live today. Kelp Dome from story mode.

blace
Jun 15, 2015, 02:02 AM
With splat fest coming next weekend, what's everyone chosen side?

I went with dogs to out of spite of seeing every miiverse post being cats for three different load ups.

It would be a refresher from the current ranked mode seeing as I'm stuck in some sort of hell that's all too similar during my time in League of Legends.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 15, 2015, 08:35 AM
I don't know yet personally. Mostly I go with cats in this kind of stuff because catgirls. Might go with dogs this time.

I hope to get some of those items cause I got quite some gear that needs up slotting or ability re-rolls and 30k takes ages to get in Turf War (Practicing Charger for Ranked Mode). I haven't played ranked in a while now because all I did was +1 -1 +1 -1 +1 -1 +1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 De-rank -1 -1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 Rank Up repeat and it started to piss me off.

What's peoples thoughts on Kelp Dome and Splatomatic? Area is nice, weapon is meh for me, pretty much an Aerospray but then more linear with a worse special.

blace
Jun 15, 2015, 01:14 PM
I prefer the Splash-o-matic over the normal the aerospray. Let's me have more control over what I ink over and the special on it is pretty powerful, I use it to corner others when they think they're safe.

How's the splatterscope for you? I dislike the scope on it as it throws off my aim in ranked mode where everyone is trying to push back the opposing team. Have you given the E-liter 3k a try? It offers a fair bit more range and covers more ground as offers support with the echolocator special.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 16, 2015, 02:14 AM
I tried out both E-liter and Kelp Splat Charger (I use the non scope version) but I don't find the range increase E-liter has worth it compared to how much slower it is. I tried them in the testing zone and its only 1 square more range, to me its a very minor range increase, specially with how much slower the E-liter is. I also enjoy Sprinkler for faster special gauge growth and Killer Whail is just too good as a killing machine. Echolocator is indeed a good support and nice to have but the E-liter is just not cut for me.

Keep in mind I play this weapon purely for killing and want to head ranked with it. Killer Whail is just perfect to keep people away from splatzones.

blace
Jun 16, 2015, 03:42 AM
I've been using the charger and its variants for a while in ranked mode. That extra range on the E-liter is worth using, mostly on maps that has a singular zone, it's reliable for those konds of maps. The normal splat chargers work better on maps like Port Mackerel, because of how offensive it is.

Just observations from messing with these weapons since I can't seem to come out of this losing streak as the teams I get are with players that seem to forget it's not turf war.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 16, 2015, 07:28 AM
While the E-Liter does have extra range, I tend to not be fast enough with it in the turf war runs I did to practice while I could easily snipe them with my normal charger. ofcourse Ranked is more camping so it might be easier to hit stuff. I guess I could also spam splat bombs if I really have to kill stuff quickly.

I did ranked with Krak-On Roller and the Zapper for a while but I can't seem to decide really on which weapon I want to use, then I saw some godtier Japanese charger with the Hero Charge Replica pretty much dominating ever match on Rig and Skatepark which is what convinced me to try them out ^^;

Edit: 2 new weapons tomorrow. Custom E-liter and a whole new weapon.
Edit2: Splatfest info! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060017

blace
Jun 19, 2015, 03:43 PM
Looks like the hype trucks are preparing for the upcoming splatfest.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 20, 2015, 05:40 AM
I can't wait, mine is next weekend =3= We have team Pop vs team Rock iirc, not hard to decide which team I will be on xD

Also new area goes live today.

blace
Jun 20, 2015, 01:54 PM
US splat fest was delayed because of some unforeseen problems with long match making times and overall stability with the servers for the Japanese splat fest.

They haven't announced what the rescheduled date is. And the trucks disappeared sometime after the announcement and the splat first tee with it.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 20, 2015, 02:26 PM
Oh that sucks. I thought US and JP already had theirs done. Hope they fixed it.

landman
Jun 22, 2015, 05:03 AM
How does this work? I've been playing very sporadically those last two weeks, calamari girls only talk about new stages and weapons lol I had a game yesterday but was very laggy and didn't go for a second one.

blace
Jun 22, 2015, 06:01 PM
The game runs on a server that links up globally. It's also heavily reliant on your connection.

For the first 10 levels you're only able to do turf war, painting as much of the map as possible. At level 10 you can do ranked mode specific splat zones, where you and your team try to hold the marked zones until your timer hits 0 or when the timer runs out with your teams color at a lower score.

landman
Jun 23, 2015, 12:28 AM
Yeah I know this, I played heavily at launch xD I was asking about the splat fest, I haven't seen anything new when I've been playing those days.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 23, 2015, 02:32 AM
For all I know the US Splatfest was cancelled and postponed due to server load issues iirc. So pretty sure the EU one will also be postponed.

Don't know if there are any new dates yet. I really hope it will come soon. I need my snails =3=

redroses
Jun 23, 2015, 03:57 AM
Also hope the EU one won't be delayed, but seeing as no update has come for the american one yet, I guess it is also delayed.

When the EU one happens I will be voting for rock!

Ce'Nedra
Jun 23, 2015, 05:57 AM
I still need to add you to my friend list, what's your ID?. I will also be joining team Rock.

Edit: someone data mined Splatoon info. There are like 33 more weapons coming for example, its insane.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/data-mining-has-revealed-tons-of-new-weapons-maps-and-modes-for-splatoon#.VYlBPNIcS9K
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068073

blace
Jun 23, 2015, 01:05 PM
A lot of this stuff seems to be on disc content already and Nintendo is unlocking it slowly.

It's good for longevity purposes, but the wilder looking maps should be in and not locked away.

As for updates for splat fest, nothing on their twitter feed, their Splatoon US tumblr or any mention of a delay for the EU version. I was hoping to enjoy the mode myself since ranked mode is monotonous and turf war is pretty bog standard at this point.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 23, 2015, 01:11 PM
I haven't touched ranked in a few weeks now, I'm slowly trying to open up some of my gear skill wise so I can re-roll them once splatfest happens. So for me ranked isn't that monotonous yet, that and I will run it as a charger most likely which is anything but monotonous for me heh.

I do hope they add more info very soon...at least a date when to expect it will already help alot.

blace
Jun 23, 2015, 11:51 PM
I'm doing ranked mostly for the chance of the huge cash flow from winning. Haven't re rolled anything yet since the 30,000 cost is pretty daunting.

Then again, I've noticed very little changes with the abilities and mostly use the Ninja Squid ability on gear so I don't get camped when I jump in.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 24, 2015, 03:24 AM
As much I like Ninja Squid, I find myself using Ink resistance more lately. Specially as a charger it makes such a huge difference to escape an close combat ambush. That skill really works noticeably. The other skills I wonder as well.

For example I was leveling some gear and had 3x Ink Saver Sub and my Seeker consumed just as much Ink as without them. Skills like Defense Up, Run Speed up and Power Up however you barely notice the difference though with Def Up some weapons need to hit you 3 times instead of 2 times to kill you, so in the chaos of the battle you won't notice it really but it does work (got this from the guidebook I bought)

Edit: seems splatoon hit the 1 million sold copies :3 It's great imo for a brand new IP.

blace
Jun 24, 2015, 03:36 PM
As useful as the abilities are, I tend to level new gear in ranked mode. I've noticed little to no difference when having resistance on my gear, and can't quite tell if its the delay I get when playing with Japanese players.

I kind of wish there were more weapon types, getting a bit tired of relying heavily on the charger weapons to cover my teams.

Edit: US splatfest is moved to July 4th weekend. Not like we're celebrating a holiday or anything.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 29, 2015, 01:45 AM
I still haven't touched ranked in a while, mostly because I been playing with friends lately and friend join is pretty much Turf War only so far. Having lots of fun with it at least which is good. Been leveling some gear in it but not too much, though I did some 1 slotted gear for the lulz and indeed barely notice any diffrence.

I wish people would suck less though, I notice alot lately there are parts of maps that neither team covers and just leaves alone, specially in their own spawn area.

As far as weapon types concerned, there is at least some sort of bazooka coming later on it seems, or at least looks like a bazooka.

Also we get splatfest next weekend as well. Joined Team Rock instantly with my friends ^^

Ce'Nedra
Jun 30, 2015, 09:29 AM
Shamefull double post but new game mode arriving 2nd july. Tower Control in ranked battle.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1072829

Tower Control video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQlF1JnS94
New routes to climb up for more surprise attacks and such like Splatzone also has on some maps.

Apparently the last so far known Play Mode, Rain Maker, will appear a month later.

Akaimizu
Jun 30, 2015, 12:45 PM
Can't wait. I love the idea of the Tower mode. It's like running a gauntlet of some kind.

blace
Jun 30, 2015, 07:47 PM
Tower control looks interesting, but I'm more interested in what rain maker has in store.

It reminds me quite a bit of TF2's payload mode, not too enthused by it.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 1, 2015, 12:46 PM
From what I read from data mined stuff Rain Maker is supposed to be some form of Capture the Flag but I'm not too sure. I hope they will add more modes later and also make them for Regular Battle too. Or at least let me friend join in ranked.

blace
Jul 1, 2015, 04:32 PM
I've heard speculation that the rain maker itself might act like a weapon.

Might be similar to how Loadout did their capture the flag:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtoeseE6BrY
Look at around the 1:50 mark.

Not liking how everyone is putting their reactions into everything these days.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 2, 2015, 08:34 AM
Ah yeah I heard that too, appearntly Rainmaker has a Inkzooka attack but details of it are yet unknown. guess we find out once they give more info on it or when it actually releases. Looks like fun at least.

blace
Jul 4, 2015, 01:14 AM
Hype trucks are back and it'll soon be up in mere hours for US splat fest.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2015, 04:12 AM
Europe's starts in 7 hours and 45 minutes so hype intensifies here too.

blace
Jul 4, 2015, 04:35 AM
After two hours, made it to the rank of Dog Champion. Lots of things going on:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/8BCGl2D.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

landman
Jul 4, 2015, 07:21 AM
So what do we do after selecting group and when the time comes? play ranked? play turf? play anything? Do I have to equip the t-shirt or something? I don't feel like leveling it up if I will not keep it.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2015, 11:22 AM
Wait there are 99 level ups to get in 24 hours? How much do you need to level if it takes you 2 hours to hit lv4

blace
Jul 4, 2015, 12:07 PM
So what do we do after selecting group and when the time comes? play ranked? play turf? play anything? Do I have to equip the t-shirt or something? I don't feel like leveling it up if I will not keep it.
There's only one game mode to play during splatfest and the shirt for the team you chose automatically equips itself.

Wait there are 99 level ups to get in 24 hours? How much do you need to level if it takes you 2 hours to hit lv4
It's point based, you get 2 points for playing regardless of winning or losing and 5 for winning. It took me 2 hours to hit rank 4 because of a losing streak.

Rank 1 requires 10 points, rank 2; 25 points, rank 3; 50 points and rank 4; 99 points. I'm kind of aching to play some ranked game modes, but we're stuck with splatfest turf war until it's over.

Recovered from the losing streak after sleeping for 5 hours and made it to the rank of Dog King. This event left a sour taste in my mouth due to how unbalanced and how buggy the connection seems to be. I was put against fellow players that supported team dog on multiple occasions, played against teams of levels 2-10 and went on teams that were 3v4/4v3 or even worse scenarios.

Here's an example of a really bad scenario: https://twitter.com/TheJWittz/status/617330668125704192

landman
Jul 4, 2015, 01:54 PM
Ok I could play some games between my taco and xqco delay... I just got a Rock vs Rock game lol so is the max rank 4? so 184 points = 27 wins at least and 92 loses at most. I wish we could play continuously, games are 3 min but waiting between games can double that time...

Love the city area but now I feel like I've already seen it all in this game :P

blace
Jul 4, 2015, 02:05 PM
Rank 5 is the highest it's just the 99 point requirement to get there.

I feel like I'm stomping on these newbies too hard whenever I get put on a team against level 2-5.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 6, 2015, 05:15 AM
And Rock wins the EU Splatfest with 170 to 140. Gotta love me all those super snails. Now to see how often those Splatfests will be held.

blace
Jul 6, 2015, 04:41 PM
Japan had two splatfests one being the planned event from Nintendo and the other being sponsored and the topic being instant noodle preferences.

I want to see more variety from future splatfests as this one is pretty limiting.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 7, 2015, 07:15 AM
Sponsor Splatfest eh? Now that's intresting. Coca-Cola vs Pepsi when? :wacko:

blace
Jul 7, 2015, 11:39 PM
For some reason, I doubt that would happen.

I mean, the company that sponsored the second splatfest is a company that makes instant ramen and other noodle related instant food.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 8, 2015, 02:18 AM
Ah so its the same company comparing two of its products. Pretty weird imo.

blace
Jul 9, 2015, 11:38 PM
The next Splatfest for the Americas is 7/17-7/18 at 9pm PDT with the choice of roller coasters or water slides.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2015, 01:47 AM
Haha those are nice themes. I need to find info on the EU one somewhere. Where did you find this?

blace
Jul 10, 2015, 01:58 AM
NoA's twitter. I took a look at NoE's twitter and some news outlets and nothing about it yet.

Edit: As soon as I check twitter for any EU news, Moray Towers is being thrown into the mix tomorrow. This the one map I've been interested in since the leaks. Hope it lives up to it.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2015, 08:03 AM
Oh that map, awesome...I'm gonna love sniping people there.

Edit: EU got splatfest announchment in game. 18/7 till 19/7 teams Eating vs Sleeping

blace
Jul 11, 2015, 02:06 PM
That's a fairly tame topic and doesn't really suit the game since partying all night is the splatfest theme.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 11, 2015, 02:48 PM
Only thing it does is miiverse posts with #Sleeping with Marie and #Eating out Callie, seen both already. Rather lame themes if you as me. Rollercosters vs Waterslides is a much cooler one.

blace
Jul 11, 2015, 02:54 PM
I wonder why the themes deviate so much for the western versions.

Both the upcoming and past splatfest themes could have easily been worked into both regions.

blace
Jul 18, 2015, 04:43 AM
I'm certain no one needs reminding that splatfest is live. Also, took 5-6 to get to rank 5, Roller Coaster King/Queen, because of losong streaks.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 19, 2015, 06:41 AM
Only lost about 5 matches so I got it done in like 2-3 hours. Still same connection issues as the first one though. Wish they fixed it by now.

blace
Jul 20, 2015, 04:56 AM
I really should have proof read my own post before posting it, the losing streak drained me.

Callie and team roller coasters won with number of wins, while Marie and team water slides won popularity. Overall victory is for team roller coasters.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 20, 2015, 06:57 AM
Eating had 63% of the players but won only 48% of the matches. Eating still won 151- 149. Another delicious 24 snails. Another victory for Callie. Girl is on a roll.

blace
Jul 28, 2015, 02:32 PM
Splatoon's getting a large update pn August 5/6 depending on region and will include a new map, a couple of new weapon types, more clothing gear, more music, increased level cap to 50 and new rankings up to S+.

Urchin Underpass is also receiving an update and will be unplayable for a few days.

Edit: Forgot about new matchmaking options allowing 3 to 4 players to team up against other teams in ranked game mode. As well as a mode to mess around in turf war with friends.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 30, 2015, 05:25 AM
Sounds good. I wonder what they will change to Underpass. I need stuff to spend my money on anyway, just finished all the Amiibo's challenges as well so I welcome new content.

blace
Jul 30, 2015, 11:28 PM
Going with how the diagram on the upper left, I'd have to say the trees are being moved to a different location.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/43351af728801c2e48eedaa3e1b4b2af/tumblr_ns5mxyxROO1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

blace
Jul 31, 2015, 11:30 PM
A third splatfest will be held in the America's on August 7-8 from 9pm-9pm PDT.

The theme this time is Marshmallows or Hot Dogs:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/51160af122cbfc582c967d43078edf00/tumblr_nsczma6Lkl1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Ce'Nedra
Aug 1, 2015, 04:17 AM
Should at least been hamburgers vs hotdogs to make it more interesting. Hotdogs gonna be most popular obviously.

I hope it's more then just moving a tree...I don't have any issues with it standing there though. Rather have them fix the lag and connection issues we been having lately.

blace
Aug 1, 2015, 04:43 PM
There's no mention about connectivity. I would assume they're working on it with the upcoming update focusing around player made teams instead of the usual random pair up.

How long have you waited for a match to start?

kazuuya
Aug 2, 2015, 02:05 PM
For those who don't know yet, the next european Splatfest theme is "North Pole or South Pole?". (Aka Team Icebears VS Team Penguins!)

Ce'Nedra
Aug 7, 2015, 05:20 AM
It's not so much I have to wait long for starting a match, at worst 1-2 mins. But it's more all the random network connection errors that either get me or others. Out of the 10 matches I play nowadays at least 6 tend to have 1 person or sometimes 2 with 0 points, as in that they disconnected. Even had a few matches my entire enemy team just poofed.

@kazuuya: Seems that way yeah. Rather lame teams if you ask me, I don't care for either so I have no clue which team to join :(

In general: What are the thoughts on the new underpass? I haven't played it enough yet but from 2-3 quick matches I did I couldn't judge it properly other then that it's way more chaotic now.

blace
Aug 7, 2015, 10:21 AM
I noticed people are more likely to camp right where it starts to open up as soon as you leave the spawn point because of the more open mapping.

I've also been getting disconnected more frequently at all times of the day regardless of my connection.

Zorafim
Aug 7, 2015, 12:21 PM
Should at least been hamburgers vs hotdogs to make it more interesting. Hotdogs gonna be most popular obviously.

I'm sorry, but marshmallows are superior to hotdogs in every way.

Akaimizu
Aug 7, 2015, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry, but marshmallows are superior to hotdogs in every way.

True or not, I think the bigger issue is the Time of year they had this poll. Let's say they are even, across the board. No specific superiority. If you asked the same question in the Fall or Winter, one might think the shift would greatly move to marshmallows as opposed to the Summer when just about every other person is scarfing hotdogs and sausages off the grill. People have that grill on the mind at this time.

Even I don't usually get that hankering for marshmallows until the chill air comes back.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 8, 2015, 11:37 AM
Seems Europe also has the Squid Girl collab outfit. I was just able to buy the Hat.

Splatfest in 20 mins for fellow europeans~

blace
Aug 8, 2015, 04:55 PM
I've ran into a lot of connection issues where both teams has at least 1 player not connected and I've been through out of matchmaking because of it.

With the large update, looks like the server wasn't prepared for it.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 9, 2015, 12:47 PM
I never seen 4v1 or 4v2 matches, they were all 4v4 and only twice I had to fight my own team so in that regard I was lucky. I quit half way the splatfest though, it was nothing but camping and camping and more camping. Oh and noobs always on my side that don't paint half their own spawn and just rush in which results in me losing almost every single match. I mean, if I win by points as a charger when my team has 3 ROLLERS serval times in a row then I just don't care anymore.

Edit: Splatfest results

Popularity: 52% north 48% south
Wins: 48% North 52% South
Final Result: 244-256

South Pole wins. I was team North Pole which means I lost my first splatfest. Personal score is 2-1 now.

blace
Aug 9, 2015, 02:57 PM
Marshmallow won over hot dogs. I went with hot dogs and suffered a first loss. Don't have the details, but it seems it's another popularity win over matches.

Personally, I thought team hot dogs lost within the first hour of splatfest because of how my teams performed. No coverage most of the time and I had the average score of 1000. My teams were consistently inconsistent so I'm surprised we won the number of battles.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 10, 2015, 03:50 AM
It's a trend I been noticing the last few weeks. It's like all the good people suddenly dissapeared and only noobs remain. I guess it's a reason I played the game a bit less lately, in combination with more lag and connection errors that I never had before.

Btw what are the thoughts of the two new weapons types? I haven't played either yet really but Slosher seems pretty good.

blace
Aug 10, 2015, 08:03 PM
Slosher is a decent weapon, a bit slow and a bit lacking when it comes to power when dealing with direct hits unlike the blaster class of shots. Has a lot of range to make up for it, and useful if someone is hiding behind a wall.

Splatling is more useful for PvP oriented use than in a turf war, it's about as effective as a charger when it comes to coverage, but its damage is pretty crazy. Shoots as fast as the aerospray line of guns, but has more range.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 13, 2015, 02:48 AM
Sounds like fun, will give them a try after CM boost is over. Slosher sounds more intresting then Splatling for me.

blace
Aug 13, 2015, 06:42 PM
It looks as if the Rainmaker game mode is being introduced tomorrow, with possibly a new map.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 17, 2015, 06:41 AM
Haven't touched the game still since update, I blame CM boost week and such. How is rainmaker? I barely touched ranking really aside Splatzones.

blace
Aug 17, 2015, 02:34 PM
Haven't played much since the last splatfest, from what I've seen, you're carrying an inkzooka that can hurt you if you don't bring it to the enemy base within a set limit for carrying it.

kazuuya
Aug 18, 2015, 06:31 PM
I sooooooo envy all the americans for their next Splatfest theme.
Autobots VS Decepticons! (https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/633654655004880896)

blace
Aug 18, 2015, 09:50 PM
I'm surprised at how quick the next splatfest is coming.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 19, 2015, 02:12 AM
I was hoping those splatfests would only happy like once per 2-3 months to keep it intresting, if they spam it every month people will get bored of it fast.

Wonder what lame theme's EU will get.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 19, 2015, 02:29 AM
Can I buy splatoon under 30 bucks yet

The Walrus
Aug 19, 2015, 11:45 AM
Oh how I wish I could justify paying full price for splatoon

blace
Aug 19, 2015, 02:39 PM
The update did add in a bit of content, doesn't justify why it has half the content it did on launch.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 20, 2015, 02:09 AM
Because we live in the ages of DLC and updates, better get used to it, its the new milking machine and it will keep people playing longer then having all content on day 1. I know it sucks but I guess we just have to learn to accept it.

Actually I'm glad the Splatoon updates aren't DLC but free updates.

kazuuya
Aug 20, 2015, 05:56 AM
I honestly don't mind the Splatfests occuring so often, I need those Sea Snails to reroll my abilities!

blace
Aug 20, 2015, 11:57 PM
The amount of splatfests being rolled out doesn't bother me, it does get me to play more than I usually do, it's mostly how limited we are with weapons and map selection.

We're still stuck with two maps per rotation and with splatfest stuck with the same 3 maps that don't change throughout the entire day.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 21, 2015, 01:44 AM
I just hope the teams aren't as unblanced as last time...that was kinda terrible, it was like B1/20 vs the rest of the game or something. That's how it felt at least xD

Is the EU splatfest theme known yet? I don't really visit any place they anounce splatfests on.

blace
Aug 21, 2015, 06:17 PM
Considering that this is more or less a sponsored type of thing that's the only reason I can think of why they're already putting out another splatfest for the Americas.

Flounder Heights is out if no one has noticed. Fighting on the rooftops of an apartment building is an interesting battleground.

Edit: Europe's next splatfest is singing or dancing. https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/635024948780761088

kazuuya
Aug 29, 2015, 03:57 PM
Hah, nice, I met you on the Splatfest Ce'Nedra! My squid is named Falco, those were some nice matches, thanks!

Ce'Nedra
Aug 29, 2015, 04:01 PM
Oh hai, I think I saw your name pass by a few times. Were nice matches indeed. I'll throw you a friend invite in game.

Just maxed out my title about 30 mins ago ^^;

kazuuya
Aug 29, 2015, 04:34 PM
I still got 50 points to go, but didn't really felt like doing more. I was doing rather poor today hahah! I hope Team Singing is still going to win though. >_< (And thanks for the invite!)

Ce'Nedra
Aug 29, 2015, 04:49 PM
I try to cap myself in one sitting most of the times ^^; I'm also only lv25 so I have a lot of leveling left to do. I haven't really played much since the big update.

Just got story more Armour Helmet from hitting 25 too. So I assume Armor and Legs are 30 and 35...wonder what 40, 45 and 50 will give.

kazuuya
Aug 29, 2015, 05:21 PM
You're correct about the armor! I don't know the english terms, but I got the story mode jacket for reaching level 30 today.
I do know what level 40 gives you, since a data miner kinda spoiled it, but I couldn't think of anything else for 45 and 50... So I guess it's gonna be a surprise more or less! (if anyone wants to know, just private message me! I don't wanna spoil it in case someone wants to find out themselves)

Ce'Nedra
Aug 29, 2015, 05:25 PM
Nice, I'll figure it out when I get to it then...in a year or so lol. At the rate I level it will take that long, haven't really played much last month.

blace
Aug 29, 2015, 08:28 PM
Just a minor update from the Transformers splatfest in the America's. It would seem that majority of the experienced playerbase sided with Decepticons while young children comprise most of the Autobots.

This comes from running a few matches not doing much and observing how the other team played. Aside from being mostly new players, a lot of them do what my young cousins do, aim straight down with a splattershot. More than half of my matches involved that way of covering the ground.

So this splatfest is extremely one sided. And the connection errors, so many whiny MiiVerse posts about it more so than the last two.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 30, 2015, 01:55 AM
That sucks. Meanwhile this splatfest is better balanced then the last one where I was stuck with all the bad players as well. So far I had only 2 matches against my own team and had about 5 matches where it was 3v4 or 2v4, sadly both on my side so lost them by default.

blace
Aug 30, 2015, 04:07 AM
This was the easiest splatfest to get to the max rank for me as I've been put into most teams of experienced players, while the other team ranged from levels 1-10. Every so often people that have played from 18-30, but those people were far and few.

I didn't do anything half the time to give the Autobots supporters more breathing room, but that didn't mean the rest of my teams would do the same.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 30, 2015, 08:08 AM
I wonder what EU one will do, ours seems pretty balanced. I also did some matches with Slosher after hitting max title with Roller...Slosher is better then I imagined, might be a new main weapon for me.

Edit~
Splatfest Results
Popularity: Singing 46% - Dancing 54%
Match Victories: Singing 57% - Dancing 43%
Total scores: Singing 274 - Dancing 226

We had 8% less players but won 14% more matches. Nom 24 snails~

blace
Aug 30, 2015, 10:36 PM
Autobots won popularity with 58%; Decepticons at 42%.
Autobots had 44% of wins with Decepticons winning at 56%.

Decepticons won with a final score of 266 and Autobots with 234.

Akaimizu
Aug 31, 2015, 08:30 AM
This was the first Splatfest for which my team won. I was 0 for 3 before, and now it's 1 and 3.

Of course, participation gets your the Snails, so it all boils down to some fun competition. I still have a decent number of unspent ones as I've been trying to save em to make em count.

kazuuya
Aug 31, 2015, 01:43 PM
Splatoon is getting an Update on September 2nd (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index.html) as it seems. They will fix the Arrowana Mall wall jump glitch and also the Camp Triggerfish jump glitch. (Idk where exactly the second one occurs though.) There's also gonna be some changes to Tower Control and the Patch is gonna be around 600MB.

HMMMMmmm kinda suspicious just for a few bug fixes, I'm kind of excited to see what the data miners will find this time...

Ce'Nedra
Sep 1, 2015, 09:20 AM
600mb seems way to big for a few bug fixes. I smell new content.

blace
Sep 2, 2015, 12:31 AM
Time to wait for the datamine.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 2, 2015, 02:05 AM
I want more sloshers ;; The one we have now is so insanly good I want to see what the rest will do. Sadly I find the burst bombs to be super useless that it comes with because the bucket itself is superior in any way. Been playing nothing but slosher since this weekend and in ranked I get an average kill count of like 12 or so. It's also quite nice in Tower Control but I prefer to use it in Rainmaker so far.

Also went from B- to B+ thanks to rainmaker, I love that mode.

blace
Sep 2, 2015, 04:19 AM
There's datamined info regarding new sloshers that throw ink in three directions, so that's something to look forward to as well as a smaller splatling and an octoshot replica.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 2, 2015, 04:36 AM
Now that could be intresting, but I'm sure they will have lower power in turn for that. Will have to see and try, i love the stats of the current slosher alot, just wish for better sub and special. I'm not much of an inkstrike fan ^^;

Ideal for me would be Seeker and Killerwhail really.

kazuuya
Sep 2, 2015, 02:21 PM
Okay so about that 600 MB "bugfix update", it was confirmed that Nintendo actually didn't push the entire update to prevent data mining!

Ce'Nedra
Sep 2, 2015, 03:36 PM
Hahahaha awesome. I do saw they added more gear again.

I also finnaly had A- in ranked thansk to rainmaker...I love that mode

dat 0,1% loss as green vs purple tho falco, nice games though ^^

kazuuya
Sep 2, 2015, 03:47 PM
Man those 0,1% were just awful! It was really cool how you turned around a lot of matches with the Slosher though! And yeah thank you too!

Ce'Nedra
Sep 2, 2015, 04:22 PM
Yeah those were some very close ones. I really started to love the Slosher. I might make it my new main weapon. I just won a 3v4 due to killing so many enemies, it was insane. I'm kinda more focused on killing then painting but I still manage to paint alot of area it seems haha.

kazuuya
Sep 5, 2015, 05:22 AM
So the Next Japanese Splatfest topic is about Manzai! Boke VS Tsukkomi, featuring orange and sky blue as colours!

They also released the Mini Splatling yesterday, did anyone try it? (My friend said it charges way faster than the Heavy Splatling.)

blace
Sep 5, 2015, 05:32 AM
It's fast, but the range on it is about halved.

Still a great weapon.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 6, 2015, 06:30 AM
I haven't tried any splating tbh, I Just love my slosher too much. Wonder when we get a new Slosher to try out. I did notice the Mini Splatling has Inkzooka though which makes it better by default for me compared to the Heavy because I don't like Inkstrike =w=

kazuuya
Sep 6, 2015, 10:01 PM
I do like Inkstrike for Splatzones and Turf War but I like the Inkzooka more as well! (Especially in Operation Goldfish/Rainmaker and Tower Control >_< )

I tried the Mini Splatling though and gotta say that it's awesome! It might have shorter range, but the loading time is so wonderfully short. (And of course the Inkzooka special. <3)

blace
Sep 6, 2015, 11:00 PM
I prefer the slosher over the splatling mostly due to how easy it is to cover the map.

Splatling, though not a bad weapon, relies too much on taking out targets from a distance.

kazuuya
Sep 7, 2015, 06:59 AM
Yeah and due to the loading time of the Splatling you can be pretty vulnearable too, while the Slosher is doing it's thing by itself.

Btw there's this easy Technique called Burst-Cancelling, which is super useful if you use an Slosher or Carbon Roller, you guys should check it out! Here's a videolink (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_gw-I4FEs) (It's really easy to do, no Smash Brosh complexity and anything.)

Ce'Nedra
Sep 7, 2015, 03:12 PM
I will try that out~

How u liek mah maz rush skillz btw Falco? I really had alot of fun in todays matches haha.

kazuuya
Sep 7, 2015, 04:21 PM
I will try that out~

How u liek mah maz rush skillz btw Falco? I really had alot of fun in todays matches haha.

Those were so much fun! Thank you so much! I laughed so hard when we started teabagging/squidbagging eachother tbh, you're so good with the Slosher!
And I definitely see the E-Liter in a different light now, it's so much fun... although I probably don't stand a chance against higher level people hahah. (I wanted to try it out because it seemed useful on Port Mackerel and it definitely is!)

Ce'Nedra
Sep 7, 2015, 04:38 PM
Yeah same here, I really had a blast even though we were pitted against each other more then with each other. You got me a few times good. I still have yet to try the 3k for real but I love the regular Kelp Splat Charger a lot, though been focusing on Slosher lately with great success lol. Just finished the last slot on my Squid Girl outfit too.

Next splatfest I'm gonna go with Slosher and see how that works. Do you have Skype btw? could be more fun to IM each other while playing, I do that with a spanish guy I met on Splatoon as well a lot.

kazuuya
Sep 12, 2015, 03:39 AM
So the next american Splatfest theme will be: Art VS Science!

Ce'Nedra
Sep 12, 2015, 04:57 AM
Hope ours isn't as lame as the last 3 times.

Edit: Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse they did it again...

EU splatfest is a Messy Bedroom vs a Tidy Bedroom. I don't even feel like participating like this but I need snails...

Why the fuck do we keep getting those boring lame ass crap themes?

blace
Sep 12, 2015, 05:40 AM
I still don't get why the themes for the English speaking versions of the game to be different, aside from sponsored ones.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 12, 2015, 03:06 PM
Because apparently even anno 2015 Regions are still a thing. Region locking aside of stuff it seems they keep splatfest per region, maybe to avoid major lag, which would be weird considering the fact the normal servers are worldwide.

They could do a worldwide splatfest with same theme and just split japan or something.

kazuuya
Sep 12, 2015, 03:37 PM
I honestly wanted to join Team Tidy just for the blue colour but I just can't lie... so Team Messy for me! You could say this is gonna be a... mess fest. /is hit by a lego stone/

Ce'Nedra
Sep 13, 2015, 03:54 AM
My room is tidy but I love orange far more then blue so messy it is.

A true Squid loves a mess afterall.

blace
Sep 13, 2015, 04:22 AM
It's not like this game encourages you to make a huge mess of things now does it?

Ce'Nedra
Sep 13, 2015, 11:04 AM
That's exactly the point, it's pretty much a given which side will win.

blace
Sep 19, 2015, 07:11 PM
Got to rank 5 after going on about 20 games with a losing streak and try harded the last 4 hours before sleeping for work.

Looks like art won the popularity vote going with how often I saw a miiverse post about art.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 20, 2015, 01:04 PM
Had some up and downs and connection errors myself, lots of matches against own team too. Felt like the first splatfest all over again.

Splatfest results Team Messy vs Team Tiddy:

Votes: 56% vs 44%
Wins: 52% vs 48%
Total: 264 - 236

Team Messy wins. Personal Splatfest score is now 4-1

blace
Sep 21, 2015, 12:57 AM
Art won, Science lost. Oh well.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/4pgerFx.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Ce'Nedra
Sep 21, 2015, 12:47 PM
Gotta love that multiplier, no matter what happens, if you win on the Wins you win the splatfest by default.

Shicedet92
Sep 23, 2015, 12:47 AM
Try it! You'll find that they build up! Just playing regular sets I try to be working to unlock an ability on every piece of kit every game. In ranked matches though I'll try to pick the best kit to compliment my weapon and strategy!

Ce'Nedra
Sep 23, 2015, 01:56 AM
Yes abilities stack but only up to a certain point. I think stacking 5 is the max, any after that doesn't boost anything anymore, which makes me wonder why Japanese Chargers have to run around with 8 or 9 Damage Up skills.

Also I had some awesome Rainmaker last night. I got the full Armour Replica set now and the skills are just perfect for Kraken Roller. I went from 34 points A rank to 80 points A rank, dropped back to 44 A rank and then got a winning streak to 56 points A+ rank. Average kill count was around 15 too, kraken is way to powerful in ranked.

Because bored, my current ranked armor and E-litre armor.

Armour Replica (Ranked)
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/Cf6bZXa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/z2iSxHE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ga4EDXS.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

E-litre Set
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/KdfzoBM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/alXO2w9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U0RxNqH.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Only thing I'm not sure on is if Special Duration Up also affects Echolocator.

blace
Sep 23, 2015, 02:08 AM
I gave up on tying to play ranked for a while, last time I did one it was Rainmaker and was getting tossed aside.

As for the stats, I really don't care what I have on as it effects my play style with negligible results. Usually I bring in unranked gear and use them for ranked, and it doesn't effect me in any negative way, aside from having a piece of gear with Stealth Jump on.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 23, 2015, 04:00 AM
For me personally they do make a difference. Take Damage Up. If I use E-litre I need 3-4 Burst Bombs to kill someone. A single Damage up Reduces that to 2 bombs max. I also don't have to fully charge my E-litre to kill someone, often I only need to charge only a short amount of time to kill someone with it. The special gauge also fills insanely fast with 2-3 skills for it.

Heck even on my Armour Replica set it works like I charm, my Ink control is superb with this set and my special bar charges so fast I can Kraken before my ink tank is empty. Being able to Kraken often really turns the tables in ranked, especially Rainmaker since Kraken smashes the shield in only 2 hits and its perfect to chase the Rainmaker then the enemy has them since its ensuring me to kill the one that carries it.

Just my personal experience that abilities like those I use really make a world of difference in quick paced battles where you get killed alot. For Turfwar I agree abilities don't matter really but for Ranked they do at higher ranks. Sadly you can't gear yourself against luck or a bad party on your end ^^;

blace
Sep 23, 2015, 04:33 AM
I have a bit of a competitive play style when doing anything, so I guess I don't notice it from other games I've played.

I usually run the Splash-O-Matic for its precision and the suction barrage. For Tower Control, it's a .96 Gal Deco for it's range and accuracy and the sensor special to show where the other team is hiding. E-liter 3k for Splash Zones or the tried and true Aerospray RG for it. I don't have much trouble against Krakens as the stage rotation I usually get have grates for squids and krakens to fall through.

Also, having played multiple games where min/maxing anything has left a terrible aftertaste. Try soloing PSO2 for a good 2 years on three characters. Or play Warframe, min/maxing is the only way to play it without people losing their shit. So really, if anything I'm tired of trying for decent abilities.

There's also the 1-2 hit difference from having more defense, but it's very negligible.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 25, 2015, 12:57 PM
Tri-slosher will be added later today and will have Distruptor and Bubbler. Incoming broken weapon.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/25/splatoon-getting-new-tri-slosher-weapon-later-tonight/

kazuuya
Sep 25, 2015, 01:25 PM
It's time to try sloshing again tomorrow... Disruptor and Bubbler tho, damn.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 26, 2015, 01:02 PM
It's weaker and has less range then the regular slosher but its also faster. It's an interesting weapon I have to practice with.

Also last night I got to 99 exp on A+ with a friend in Squad Battles but I wasn't able to level to S rank. Apparently the game is programmed you have to hit S- by yourself, its impossible to do so in Squad Battle. Of course I lost matches the moment I went solo. Still 85 on A+.

blace
Sep 26, 2015, 03:16 PM
It was mentioned in an update video released by Nintendo about having a cap when doing squad battles.

They need some incentive to make players play the normal ranked modes.

LunarKitsune
Sep 26, 2015, 03:30 PM
I just had a rainmaker match on blackbelly Skatepark I want to share. The enemy team had gotten the Rainmaker close to their goal but we managed to get it back. I decided to go the long way through the quarter pipes thinking I could be supportive from afar NOT noticing that the person carrying the rainmaker was behind me and only encountering to enemy inklings we won the match.

Also if you want a halfway decent Heavy splatling on your team my Network ID is LunarKitsune and my Inkling/Mii name is John.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 26, 2015, 03:38 PM
I just had the biggest rage moment this game gave me to date. I got to 99/100 on A+. After that I just lost every single match I played. Now I'm down to 47/100. I kept running into morons who had no idea what to do. Why is it always when I get close to ranking up I face this stuff. I was close to throwing my Wii Pad against the wall. Meanwhile I was getting an average of 18~20 kills per run. I can't carry a group of morons. I switched matches serval times too to no avail. This is why I hate they capped Squad battle.

Edit: Added you Lunar

blace
Sep 26, 2015, 07:20 PM
I just had the biggest rage moment this game gave me to date. I got to 99/100 on A+. After that I just lost every single match I played. Now I'm down to 47/100. I kept running into morons who had no idea what to do. Why is it always when I get close to ranking up I face this stuff. I was close to throwing my Wii Pad against the wall. Meanwhile I was getting an average of 18~20 kills per run. I can't carry a group of morons. I switched matches serval times too to no avail. This is why I hate they capped Squad battle.

Well as I've said it's an incentive for the final stretch. It's also the biggest reason I stopped playing the ranked modes for a long while.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 28, 2015, 03:09 AM
I decided to give it another go, dropped to 19/100, got back to 54/100 only to drop back to 33/100 again. Thing is, I pretty much love Rainmaker, I don't even do Splatzones or Tower Control because they are boring and the best camper wins. Rainmaker is fun even if you lose....if your party actually does shit and its a close call to who wins.

Especially in Skatepark alot of times the enemy just waltz in with 4 people, I'm alone to defend and get killed and I check the map to see the other 3 at any random place away from our base to defend, giving the enemy a clear Knockout.

It also pisses me off whenever I lose I always lose 10 or 12 points but when I win I only get 6 or 8 in return at most. How am I supposed to rank up?

Outrider
Sep 28, 2015, 10:47 AM
Uh, so I just started playing Splatoon this weekend and it is undeniably sweet. Like, how did I sleep on this one?

The weirdest thing is that my favorite part about it is that matches only last a few minutes so I can just jump in and do a couple matches when I have ten or fifteen minutes to spare.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 28, 2015, 11:27 AM
Yeah shame on you >:C!

Ranked battles tend to last a bit longer depending on groups. They have a 5 minute time limit and can get a bit of Extra Time if no victor has been decided. Overall I like the rounds are rather short.

If you would like some games something leave us your ID so we can friend you ^^

blace
Sep 28, 2015, 01:13 PM
The 5 minute rounds are good for nice quick matches, but in the ranked game modes, more often than not, you'll run into a large number of overtime.

The deceptive 5 minutes can turn into 20 minutes if both teams are actively going at each other.

Outrider
Sep 28, 2015, 03:34 PM
I'm only level... 6? Maybe 7?

So I'm not at ranked yet.

blace
Sep 28, 2015, 05:03 PM
Close to 10, you'll more than likely reach that in about an hour or so.

There's three different ranked modes; Splat Zones, a king of the hill style mode where each team contests over a designated area in ink; Tower Control, occupy a singular tower and it'll move to the opposing team's base; and Rainmaker, it's essentially a splatzooka special, but with a timer that will detonate the rainmaker and similar to tower control, you need to move it to a designated location.

Give them a try when each ranked game mode is in rotation, but be warned that some people on there are very competitive. Glad there isn't any in game chat.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 29, 2015, 03:31 AM
Reaching lv1-20 doesn't take that long luckily. lv20-50 takes quite a while though. Incoming wall-o-text.

Worth noting is that Ranked counts points differently. You get judged by how your team performs. The closer you are to the goal when you win the more points you get, if you reach the goal before the timer runs out you get a so called "Knockout" and get max points. This can easily turn into 3500-4500 points per match. The downside is that if you lose you get nothing if its a Knockout or like 200 points if it's by timer.

You also win/lose rank points based on the ranks of your opponents. If they have more higher ranked played (C+ players while you are a C-) you get more points if you win and less if you lose. Ranks go from C-, C, C+ to A+ and then S-, S and finally S+. You need 100 rank points to rank up and automatically obtain 30 points into the new rank when you level up. On the other hand if you have 0 Points and lose you derank and get put down to 70 points on a rank lower.

I like to warn that aside the fact Ranked has higher skilled players (mostly, read my rage post a page back) there is also a lot of camping involved, mainly in Splatzones, which can get super frustrating on maps like Saltspray Rig. Nothing a good Charger or Slosher can't fix though if you get support from your team :)

Outrider
Sep 29, 2015, 10:39 AM
Meh, I'll give ranked a shot but it sounds like unranked is more fun. This wouldn't be the first online game where that's the case.

blace
Sep 29, 2015, 05:16 PM
It's fine to mix things up now and again, what is needed is another mode for casual play. Splatfest changes it up, but that's the same old turf war with a night setting.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 30, 2015, 08:24 AM
Not to mention the same boring track the whole time. I don't mind a splatfest exclusive music track but having it on every single match gets boring.

blace
Sep 30, 2015, 03:15 PM
Just a word of caution that was recently brought up.

Back up your saves for Splatoon before playing online since modders that play as Octolings could soft lock your save data.

I'd take this with a grain of salt, as the game will load in the players from the previous match you were in. Doesn't hurt exercising caution, what with some content still locked in the game's data.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/splatoon_octoling_modder_could_cause_save_data_pro blems

Ce'Nedra
Oct 2, 2015, 12:53 PM
I heard about that too yeah. How do I backup though? Never done this before.

Also have you guys seen this Honest Game Trailer about Splatoon? xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8gZmJLuVAI

blace
Oct 2, 2015, 03:40 PM
You can back up your save via USB through the system menu.

There's also an upcoming splatfest with the themes being Car or Plane.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 5, 2015, 12:21 PM
EU doesn't seem to get a splatfest at the same time as America this time. I wonder what's with that.

blace
Oct 5, 2015, 06:06 PM
It could be at the point where they're trying to branch off the splatfests between all regions.

The first splatfest was delayed and was carried out at the same time across various regions due to that.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 7, 2015, 12:10 PM
Hope we get ours announced this weekend then, I'm in dire need of Snails ;~;

blace
Oct 10, 2015, 01:20 AM
So this current Cars and Planes splatfest is looking a lot like the first one, connection issues, going against people on the same team and one sided teams.

Looks like Nintendo forgot to feed their hamsters/replace the potato.

EU's splatfest is going to be Cats vs Dogs.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 11, 2015, 11:19 AM
Yes lets go with the first american splatfest theme. I don't get that people voted for that when they could freely pick the themes. Makes me wonder what the other options were.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 11, 2015, 10:04 PM
i played splatoon for a week then stopped, it's painfully boring and the online is handled like complete shit

i can't stand those limitations

blace
Oct 12, 2015, 02:37 AM
Online with Nintendo in general is on the bad side of things.

It's not like they learned much in the number of years they've spent making their consoles online compatible.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2015, 12:42 PM
Patch notes for the next big Splatoon update. Lots of nerfs on stuff.

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/assets/media/splatoon-patch-v2-2-0-notes.pdf

Some seem rather ridiculous to me.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 18, 2015, 03:06 PM
Splatfest Results time~

Popularity: Cats 46% - 54% Dogs
Wins: Cats 56% - Dogs 44%
Final: Cats 270 - 230 Dogs

Rekt hard.

Akaimizu
Oct 19, 2015, 07:49 AM
From that report, it looks like there's a number of buffs as well.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 19, 2015, 08:26 AM
Yeah there are some nice buffs to. Sadly not for weapons that I use aside Sloshers rather intresting buff to do 33% more damage to Rainmaker's Shield.

I must say the nerf to Blasters was much needed. Rollers I'm indiffrent about, I use them both and I can easily work arround them so I never had any issues. Might help one of the friends I play the most with mains Dynamo Roller so I know how to deal with them.

Not sure if I like the nerf on E-litre either. Burst Bombs can't always save your ass when close range not to mention those who use the Custom version don't even have Burst Bombs.

kazuuya
Oct 21, 2015, 05:31 AM
So, people already dataminted the new Content and...

Spoilers
[SPOILER-BOX]Washing Machine Slosher
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRzULofUYAANVX_.png
2 new Headgears and 1 new Shirt were found too.
Also apparently 4 new maps, one which is going to be an Office, with an gigantic ffan, and another one where a Jellyfish wedding happens...
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ce'Nedra
Oct 21, 2015, 06:10 AM
AHaha I must have that Slosher. Can't wait. Hope there are more outfits then just that though ;;

blace
Oct 23, 2015, 01:47 PM
Next splatfest for the Americas is Pirates or Ninjas.

kazuuya
Oct 25, 2015, 07:17 AM
Nintendo has changed the winning percentage from 4x to 6x. I dunno if it counts for the american Splatfest, but it does for the japanese. (It was posted on the japanese Splatoon Twitter.)

Ce'Nedra
Oct 25, 2015, 09:25 AM
I wonder why that is. 4x seems more then enough to make a difference o.O

blace
Oct 25, 2015, 11:53 AM
Nintendo has changed the winning percentage from 4x to 6x. I dunno if it counts for the american Splatfest, but it does for the japanese. (It was posted on the japanese Splatoon Twitter.)

The Splatoon US tumblr mentioned the multiplier is changed from 4 to 6.

On that note, there's a leak of the next EU theme floating around reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3q2v9w/new_eu_splatfest_leaked/

I'd take the credibility of it with a boatload of salt. Rummaging through NoE's twitter account and there's no mention of it, not to mention that the date on the alleged screenshot is oddly missing.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 26, 2015, 04:35 AM
I don't trust any source untill I see it in game. I just really hope this theme isn't true indeed because that is the newest low in terms of boring themes. It's fucking october, I want my Halloween theme.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 8, 2015, 02:05 PM
Splatfest results~
Popularity: Zombies 49% - 51% Ghosts
Wins: Zombies 46% - 54% Ghosts
Overall: Zombies 325 - 375 Ghosts
(lol 6x Multiplier cause x4 wasn't enough yet)

So lost my 2nd splatfest but got 18 snails...they even upped the snail rewards from 12 to 18 it seems.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 17, 2015, 05:18 AM
So new map and gear thoughts?

I only got to play it 2-3 rounds last night but from what I seen the map is great. I love the rotating platforms, ideal for sprinklers and the map mixes close combat and sniping perfectly if you ask me.

To bad I spend all my money upslotting gear before this update so right now I can't buy anything but I look forward to maxing out more gear.

LunarKitsune
Nov 20, 2015, 01:59 PM
The Hydra Splatling is coming tonight and I'm definitly going to try it out.

kazuuya
Nov 26, 2015, 04:00 PM
The new map is literally sprinkler paradise... it's so much fun to play on though, I love it! Really looking forward to Mahi Mahi map as well. According to Data Miners there's still 2 maps coming after Mahi Mahi that weren't shown yet.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 1, 2015, 08:17 AM
Heard America's next splatfest coming weekend is Pizza vs Hamburgers.

Wonder what lame theme the EU will get again. I need my snails, I'm broke =w=

kazuuya
Dec 3, 2015, 10:04 AM
Tomorrow comes the Mahi Mahi Resort Map! (Even with a spa in the japanese version, since it's jp name is "Mahi Mahi Resort&Spa".)

Ce'Nedra
Dec 4, 2015, 09:10 AM
Splatoon wins Game Awards 2015 category best Multiplayer and best Shooter. Beats Call of Duty, Halo and Destiny with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww-HWqTzS-c

(how do I youtube again here?)

blace
Dec 5, 2015, 01:40 AM
Came back to Splatoon for splatfest and found that it was unplayable.

Either a vast majority of the playerbase chose pizza over burgers or the matchmaking is beyond broken. I'll detail what I've been experiencing all night below, but I just want to say is that, with all these changes and updates since May, you would think that Nintendo would do something about its infrastructure for the game.

Example only 1 out of the 9 matches I could play were against people that chose to support burgers, while every match after was against people that chose pizza to support. Another example is during the matchmaking, once a full team is formed, you're stuck in an infinite loop or having a random player on the other team, the timer resets until it finds people on the same supporting sides.

Final example, the lag has gotten to the point where it is impossible to tell if your shots are actually affecting the opposing team. I've had it where I'm getting hit from one point of the map and seeing that the person that scored the kill on me was on the other side just spawning back in.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 5, 2015, 06:43 AM
Sounds like fun. The splatfest lag seems like a hit and miss for me.

So.

Next EU splatfest is if we like or don't like pineapple on our pizza....Seriously?

Clearly shows EU isn't important enough to Nintendo to make time and effort thinking up a proper theme.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 13, 2015, 02:08 PM
Splatfest results incoming~

Pro Pineapple vs Anti Pineapple
Popularity: 38% - 62%
Wins: 46% - 54%
Total: 314 - 384

Didn't knew that many people hate Hawaii pizza's o.o Still we won 46% of the matches with that low amount of players.

blace
Dec 13, 2015, 02:39 PM
The upcoming splatfest for the America's seem to be Naughty or Nice. More on the lame side of things, but seems to be happening a week before Christmas.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 16, 2015, 05:28 AM
Weird we don't get a christmas related theme. No idea when EU gets the next one seeing we just had one. I need more snails..I calculated few days ago. If I want to 4 slot all my gear I need "only" 96 more Snails or batches of 30k coins. Fun fact with that is that all my Headgear and Shoes are already 4 slotted.

kazuuya
Dec 16, 2015, 07:57 AM
Man so many people have bad taste, Hawaii Pizza is so good! D<
But yeah, it kinda starts annoying me how favored america is with Splatfests, I mean most of PAL region celebrates christmas too. Plus Splatoon gets less and less fun or at leasts Splatfests do, I hate games that basically punish you for losing. Due to the increased x6 win percentage it literally tells you "YOU MUST WIN" and this is dumb orz

Ce'Nedra
Dec 16, 2015, 10:21 AM
Hawaii is one of the best pizza's there is...and Salami *drools*

Only thing you have to "win" is reaching the King/Queen status. It just matters if you get 18 or 36 snails. Funny enough since that change I been on both losing teams for splatfest.

Dat neon orange killer whail though...its so woomy ;; For me they can keep orange as a permanent color for Team Callie, which I pretty much always been on so far =w=

I must say though the servers were super stable. I only got 1 connection error the entire night and there wasn't much lag at all, just in the begining a bit which made it annoying as a charger but 99% of the matches were lagfree. Haven't played against my own team either but that's because there were 2x as much enemies.

Edit: Soooo this is happening

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/16/splatoon-tops-1-million-sales-in-japan-getting-a-squid-sisters-concert-in-january/

Edit2: new maps teased

https://www.facebook.com/SplatoonNL/videos/770819733024444/

kevlar_pso
Jan 5, 2016, 06:42 AM
Splatoon is so good. Here is my info:

Nintendo Network ID: kevlarAK
Squid name: Kevin
Level: 36
Gear: Power Armor and Krakon Roller

Ce'Nedra
Jan 5, 2016, 10:14 AM
Game is good indeed. It will also receive quite a big update according to Neogaf end of this month. I didn't look up the details yet personally (was linked to it but didn't check yet). I will try dig up and post info later if I don't forget :wacko:

@kevlar: info part sounds fun. Lets see

ID: CeNedra
Squid: Ce'Nedra
Level: 45
Gear: Leveling all armor pieces to the max because it's fun to do so my gear varies to much. I can mostly be spotted with Pilot Goggles and an orange outfit and shoes. Weapons vary too but I mostly use Kelp Splat Charger and Slosher.

I don't play that much atm due to other games but I still log in weekly pretty much or when people want to play x3

kevlar_pso
Jan 6, 2016, 05:39 AM
Splatoon has been garning a lot of attention. During Geoff Keighley's Video Game Awards. He awarded Splatoon two awards. Best Shooter & also for Best Multiplayer Game. This is huge, considering the competition in both categories. Over on the Player One Podcast, one host gave the game runner up & another gave it game of the year. This is coming from former editors/game reviewers of EGM.

Akaimizu
Jan 6, 2016, 09:57 AM
It makes sense. Splatoon invites players that the typical shooting environment and community is often hostile towards. Not to mention bringing in a new lower ceiling for player contribution to the game without removing the reward for skilled players.

If you can make a mess, you can contribute.

It was well marketed as well. Parents are completely fine introducing this game to their children. When's the last time you remember a Holiday commercial advertising a multiplayer shooter as a family gift?

There were some bold and possibly controversial decisions made for such a game, but in the end, the payoff really proved that those decisions created a net positive compared to the opposite approach.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 6, 2016, 10:52 AM
Splatoon has been garning a lot of attention. During Geoff Keighley's Video Game Awards. He awarded Splatoon two awards. Best Shooter & also for Best Multiplayer Game. This is huge, considering the competition in both categories. Over on the Player One Podcast, one host gave the game runner up & another gave it game of the year. This is coming from former editors/game reviewers of EGM.

I loved it when I heard that as well, then again there isnt much competition if your opponents are games that just milk out a new game every year becuase they have to make money instead of taking time to make a good proper new game.

Splatoon is fresh and new in this entire gerne with its swiming and hiding in Ink that gives the game a complete new dimension and its fun to do as well. For skilled players the ink hiding gives a whole new level of tactics and skills as well that you can't get in any other game in the gerne.

Seeing how they keep making maps every few months and all of them are also new, fresh and add something completely new (convent belt in Piranha Pit, Moving platforms in Museum, Mahi Mahi sinking the area half way in the game etc) to make them fun and intresting shows how well the game is doing. I'm pretty sure Nintendo didn't expect it to be this big of an hit.

I hope they will provide new content for a long time becuase this cause deserves it. If they would only give EU more proper splatfest theme's I would be happy xD

Ce'Nedra
Jan 7, 2016, 02:13 PM
So appearntly Splatoon will stop recieving content updates this month.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1163358

This is sad news but enough is enough at some point. Here is hoping for a sequel on the NX but I dunno if they can boost the same magic this game holds with a sequel.

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2016, 04:43 PM
Very timely, though. I would agree, as I think closing it off would set up the game as a possible tournament entry. Adding in the LAN option (currently only in the hands of Nintendo) would put the metaphorical bow on this present. Something I would hope they do, and if so, do it before the Summer. Let it become a free-tournament case while the game is still hot.

As for the magic. I think it may be good for at least another sequel. They kind of created a sub-genre with this game and one I believe that has legs. The big hook of the game happens to be game styles not present in other titles, right now. Having it already reach e-Sports status in Japan, does help.

blace
Jan 7, 2016, 05:53 PM
The news about Splatoon no longer receiving updates was as far back as late December. If there's a sequel they'll more than likely need to reinvent a few things so that they would flow together as things do currently.

In the meantime I see headlines about Splatoon watches and other merchandise. If there's anything to go on, is that Splatoon made a huge impact with 2015.

kevlar_pso
Jan 9, 2016, 04:56 AM
I wonder if a slightly scaled down version could run on the New 3DS? At any rate, Splatoon 2 on the NX will be a big hit.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 11, 2016, 03:30 AM
I still would love to see where people get the info we even get a Splatoon 2. I can't make it out of the OP of that topic I linked that we even get a Splatoon 2.

I just hope they keep the servers active for at least 1-2 years after NX release, or longer, so we can still play it. You can only go so far with the story campaign afterall. Or maybe they just port it to the NX and Wii U owners of the game can get a free copy for the NX if they move over before a certain time. I highly doubt they can make NX and Wii U crossplatform compatible for online play.

kevlar_pso
Jan 16, 2016, 12:25 AM
Splatfest has started! It runs until 8pm Alaska time Saturday. For us United Statesians, it is team Future vs. team Past. I picked past, because I wanted to see how rough life was for my people (Eskimos) in Alaska back in the day. It was a tough choice for sure. Seeing as how I am such a big Star Trek fan.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 12, 2016, 03:45 AM
EU's next splatfest got announched for 20th feb.

Theme Pokemon Red vs Pokemon Blue.

Finnaly a proper theme lol. I only played Yellow so no idea which to pick.

blace
Feb 12, 2016, 04:59 AM
It's the theme that's selected for both North America and Europe. We're getting the same theme which is a first, but it'll still be tied to whichever region you're in.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 12, 2016, 05:05 AM
Intresting. Rather have this then another lame theme at least.

Akaimizu
Feb 12, 2016, 08:27 AM
Going with Red, this time. And no, it doesn't have anything to do with my name. Actually, it was the version I picked when Pokémon first came out.

blace
Feb 12, 2016, 02:44 PM
As awesome as Charizard is and how it became known as Red's default, I'll have to go with Blue version, the game I ended up getting and Squirtle being my starter.

Levlia
Feb 12, 2016, 04:59 PM
lol When splatoon first came out, I visited my friend and we stayed up all night to beat the game on all difficulties plus he had some of the amiibos so we finished those of to.
I can't wait to get my own Wii - U soon!!!

My only disappointments is that there where no hair style options O.O
other then that I loved the ranked matches. Shotty for the win!!!

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2016, 09:02 AM
All difficulties? afaik Splatoons Singe Player doesn't has a difficulty option? I never touched it after beating it and collecting all the scrolls though.

Also I will most likely go red. For EU Callie won all splatfests aside 2 and Red suits my Inkling better then Blue as well.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 19, 2016, 08:48 AM
So when does this start? The dutch splatoon facebook page says it starts at 5am my time where normally they start at 7-8pm. I wonder if it starts at the same time global and that they keep the JP time zone or something.

One other thing that isn't fully clear to me yet, it is a global theme but is it also a global splatfest? So can I meet US and JP players too during it or do we all stick to our own region but just share the themes.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 21, 2016, 07:53 AM
Results are in~ 3rd splatfest I lost.

EU Red vs Blue:
Popularity: 64% - 36%
Wins 43% - 57%
Total: 322-378

D-Inferno
Feb 23, 2016, 09:31 PM
Red really sucked in US and JP for whatever reason; popularity was lower than B/G's win. I guess those who were in it for shells picked B/G because Red/Charizard would obviously be more popular, and nowadays more popular = lose pretty much.

Only Splatfests I've won are Dogs and Roller Coasters. Picked the losing side for everything else :/

blace
Feb 23, 2016, 10:42 PM
6x multiplier really did skew the scores, the previous 4x multiplier worked well enough.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 24, 2016, 03:05 AM
Funny enough Red lost on all 3 Regions. The score in Japan was even insane, I think Green won with almsot 2x as much points or something.

But yeah the side with most players lose cause you keep playing against yourself the whole damn time which is annoying. I don't care if my side loses as long I can keep playing against the opponent and not my own team the whole time.

blace
Feb 24, 2016, 03:59 AM
Red being the most popular overall was expected, more or less. Charizard being able to fly and breath fire and all.

I just want to know what goes through the heads of the development team that had decided being put against the people of the same team counts as an overall loss.