PDA

View Full Version : Question on buying another PSO disk

Phoenix2000
Apr 23, 2003, 05:31 PM
Hey,
Yesterday on PSO my brother was playing offline mode after just getting an easter egg and was going to open it up. Anyways just before he went to open it up the screen turned black and said Game Disk could not be read. We turned off gamecube and the memory card with all 4 characters had been corrupted completly asking to reformat. Anyways I think there are a few scratches on the disk but the weren't super horrible but you could see them. I got out the disk docter and worked out all but one and still had same problem. Do you guys think that is what is causing the problem? Also if I bought another PSO disk could I still use the PSO characters that I have made on the other memory card we have? Thanks for any help guys.

Scrub
Apr 23, 2003, 05:37 PM
Hmmm..is this the only game you have? If not, then try another disk. If it works, obviously it is the PSO Disk. If the game doesn't work, then do what I finally realized I could do after 4 months without my precious gamecube - Bitch-Slap Nintendo with your warranty!=D

kagero
Apr 23, 2003, 07:09 PM
i would have to say that the first mistake you did was using the game doctor. You just voided any possible chance of getting nintendo to warrenty that game. Skip Doctor (GameDoctor) sucks and scratches little etched patterns into your game. Try lookin into your closest video game dealer and see if they offer resurfacing of video game discs. Other than that, your pretty much assured that you'll have to buy a new disc. Nintendo wont warranty that one my dear, read the limited warranty...ie. doesnt cover mishandling (Scratching from normal wear and tear, using skip doctor)

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 23, 2003, 09:07 PM
Hey I got the same problem yesterday and, all I did was take some wet toiletpaper and gently rub twords the edges all the way around. Then I let it dry, popped the game in and it worked. Hope that helped.

Phoenix2000
Apr 24, 2003, 02:55 PM
Hey,
Well it's definately the gamecube's problem. None of my games work with my gamecube now all of them have the same error.

Forever Zero
Apr 24, 2003, 03:15 PM
Ugh, the read disc error...that is what killed my Gamecube. I kinda wish it was my PSO disc, cause that is cheaper to replacec :/

Try loading other games up and play them for a while to see if you still get that error. If so, it is a Gamecube problem. I wound up buying another Gamecube cause of this :/ I have NO idea why it happend as I take very good care of my stuff.