PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Invisible Character Images at Character Creation

Kiln Malac
Jun 25, 2015, 04:51 PM
Hello, I'm looking for some assistance with dealing with a rather large headache of mine at this point. I've been playing PSO2jp for about a week now using the Tweaker to translate, and someone I know got very interested in playing it and so they went through the whole process of getting the game and getting all the patches installed. Now, once they had this done they came to me and told me that they couldn't see their character at the character creation screen. This was particularly odd as their computer and my computer are very similar in design, theirs being a more recent model of the laptop I use.

To put the long story short; in my attempt to get them capable of trying to see their character; I've run through every single suggestion I could find and I'm pretty sure they meet the system requirements to play the game (having a very similar laptop to my own, and mine runs it without any real trouble). To give a quick run down of what we've tried; we updated the video card drivers, directx, turned off the firewall on their computer, ran the troubleshooting check to make sure no files were missing, made sure they had plenty of free space on their harddrive (considerably over 8 gb), moved the pso2 file folder directly onto the C: drive, and have adjusted the shaders to simple (I can run them on normal).

There are subtle difference between our specs, and I'll post them below. It is probably worth mentioning that on the tweaker, their option menu occasionally reverts to all of the fields to blank without any options listed. I'm not sure if that may be a culprit, or if the slight differences in our laptops are just enough so as to make character images invisible for them.

My computer:
model HP Pavilion g4 Notebook pc
Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 Ghz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.48 GB usable)

Theirs:
model: hp pavilion g6 notebook pc
processor: AMD E2-3000M APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics 1.80 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.48 GB usable)

At this point I'm just grasping at straws in an attempt to solve the problem because I cannot seem to figure out what the problem is myself. If anyone has any ideas on what might be the issue I'd certainly appreciate it.

Anduril
Jun 25, 2015, 05:00 PM
Based on your mention of their resolution options resetting, have them delete their "user.pso2" file located in Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2.

Kiln Malac
Jun 25, 2015, 05:57 PM
Three days worth of trying to find the fix and you managed to give me the answer in less than 10 minutes xD Thanks a lot of the help. My friend is absolutely ecstatic that it's all fixed. Now's here's to hoping nothing else goes horribly wrong!

But again, thanks. Happy to have this all resolved.