PDA

View Full Version : Where did YOU get your powerboard?

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 08:03 PM
Where di you guys find one? I tried codejunkies, but I see no option to buy one.

Derkin
Apr 23, 2003, 08:04 PM
Uh... CodeJunkies.

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 08:08 PM
Where's the option to buy it? I'm at the screen with the summary of it, but all I see are reviews.

DeathCheese87
Apr 23, 2003, 08:10 PM
its on the left

Blenjar
Apr 23, 2003, 08:13 PM
I could get that KeYbOaRd at the Flee Market...for like $5...LOL!

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 08:22 PM
So, codejunkies is a reliable site? They won't screw me over or anything right?

s3rial_one
Apr 23, 2003, 08:27 PM
Well, that's debatable.

First off, the region mapping onthe keyboard is off.

Second, I pre-ordered; they charged me immediately, then pushed the release date back a week. It said it shipped ~3 weeks ago (with 7-day "special delivery" shipping), and I still haven't seen it.

Since then, I've switched to PSOX; I wrote Codejunkies a nasty letter yesterday (as they ignored my previous two emails), essentially saying that if they don't contact me by the end of the week with detailed information regarding my keyboard order, I'm going to report it to my bank as fraud.

I wouldn't recommend doing business with those idiots.

On the other hand, I'm (supposedly) going to have an unopened Powerboard to get rid of...

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 08:32 PM
What do you mean by region mapping?

2Xtreme
Apr 23, 2003, 09:09 PM
On the other hand, I'm (supposedly) going to have an unopened Powerboard to get rid of...

One word: eBay. I sold my ASCII keyboard for 185 bucks.

What do you mean by region mapping?

Region mapping is where certain keys are on the keyboard. The positions are different in different regions. I think that the Powerboard uses Japanese keys that are labeled as European ones or something. This means that a lot of the keys aren't what they say (or something like that).

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 09:16 PM
So I could be typing thanks and it would come out as fuck you and your mom?

Damn that sucks.

s3rial_one
Apr 23, 2003, 09:20 PM
I don't believe it's that bad... from what I understand, there's one or two letters that're messed up, and most of the shift-# keys have their secondary function shifted one to the right (i.e. # would be shift-4, instead of shift-3).

Dime
Apr 23, 2003, 10:25 PM
Well, I could live with the region mapping, because it sounds easy to adjust to.

But if you say you haven't gotten yours in 3 weeks, it seems like they're trying to rip you off.

Muku6
Apr 23, 2003, 10:31 PM
Good luck if you ordered 3 weeks ago.

I got mine today before leaving for work. I read my invoice.

The invoice was dated March 13, 2003. I received it on April 23, 2003. I had Priority 7 day shipping. It came from Florida. Why do I feel like it probably made it's way around the world before reaching me?

s3rial_one
Apr 23, 2003, 10:41 PM
I ordered it March 16th; I checked the site daily. 3 weeks ago this Thursday, it said it'd been shipped. No sign of it yet, and Datel/Codejunkies have been completely unresponsive.

Vanango
Apr 23, 2003, 10:54 PM
On 2003-04-23 20:41, s3rial_one wrote:
I ordered it March 16th; I checked the site daily. 3 weeks ago this Thursday, it said it'd been shipped. No sign of it yet, and Datel/Codejunkies have been completely unresponsive.

Did you order from the US or UK? I haven't been billed but I ordered mine around the 15th from the UK and I haven't heard from them since. Evil Wenches

MadCowChuck_
Apr 23, 2003, 10:58 PM
On 2003-04-23 18:22, Dime wrote:
So, codejunkies is a reliable site? They won't screw me over or anything right?

You're joking, right? They're less reliable than a pack of mob bosses at a pawn shop.

Hmph...it's 4/23, and I ordered mine the first day of pero-ordering. I live on the east coast. I am seriously pissed in more ways than one (maybe...two ways?).

If Datel were a large pair of nuts, I would like to take a bazooka and fire a cannonball right in the center of them.

polishedweasel
Apr 23, 2003, 11:19 PM
Well I couldn't have said it any better myself. I ordered mine on the 14th of March and still no KB. SO what's the hold up Datel? Customer service is not one of your top priorities, is it? That's the last time I shop Datel.

rbf2000
Apr 23, 2003, 11:33 PM
None of the letters are misplaced on the keyboard (i.e. because of the region mapping), but it's exremetly annoying to have to put a apostrophe when typing. You have to hit shift+7 >_> Still haven't found the underling yet (that would be this one _). On the keyboard that comes with it, the backspace key is tiny, too small if you are used to actually backspacing. The shift key is also tiny.

I went out and bought another ps/2 keyboard ($3.33 after tax) and while I can actually hit the backspace button, and shift, all of the mapping problems are still there. So that's a matter of their laziness with the adapter. I guess this will hold me over until I can assemble the happy fun box...

EDIT: said comma, meant apostrophe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2003-04-23 21:35 ]</font>

Muku6
Apr 24, 2003, 01:47 AM
So true about the tiny Shift and Delete keys. UGH! >_< Most of the mapping problems aren't much of a problem. It's disturbing when you hit the Shift + number 8 to try to get a * and get a (. Hrm. That and the colon/semi-colon key doesn't work at all! So much for text smilies.

EDarkness
Apr 24, 2003, 02:14 AM
Hey Muku, sorry to hear about your semi-colon problem. You think it's an isolated problem or are other people experiencing the same thing?

-EDarkness

Sheik1
Apr 24, 2003, 02:34 AM
On 2003-04-23 21:33, rbf2000 wrote:
None of the letters are misplaced on the keyboard (i.e. because of the region mapping), but it's exremetly annoying to have to put a apostrophe when typing. You have to hit shift+7 >_> Still haven't found the underling yet (that would be this one _). On the keyboard that comes with it, the backspace key is tiny, too small if you are used to actually backspacing. The shift key is also tiny.

I went out and bought another ps/2 keyboard ($3.33 after tax) and while I can actually hit the backspace button, and shift, all of the mapping problems are still there. So that's a matter of their laziness with the adapter. I guess this will hold me over until I can assemble the happy fun box...

EDIT: said comma, meant apostrophe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2003-04-23 21:35 ]</font>

Here is a picture of my ASCII keyboard. The Datel one seems to be mapped to JP layout...which is VERY poor design on Datel's part becasue getting it in US layout mode would have neen EASY of they had some brains over there...

I made a keyboard adapter and it is in U.S. layout mode. It works great, and all the keys are exactly where they are supposed to be including the SHIFT combinations.

Datel...what a sloppy job on these keyboards.

I have attached a link to an image of my ASCII keyboard...click on it if you want to see it. I will not directly post it becuase it taxes my DSL line too much...it lagged my PSO game down BIG time last time I tried it!

ftp://www.drassal.net/public/pso/ascii.jpg

Kthak
Apr 24, 2003, 02:44 AM
I ordered my keyboard about 2 weeks ago, was told it shipped last thursday, and my tracking number says that it arrived in my state yesterday. I expect to get it today.

Dime
Apr 24, 2003, 02:57 AM
Shit, now I really don't know if I should order one. But I guess I have no choice.

There isn't a single store around here that has a GC KB adaptor.

Danderdag
Apr 24, 2003, 03:07 AM
it's probably an issue with the game code for the keyboard mapping, because it exists in PSOX as well (just got my KB adapter today).

Sheik1
Apr 24, 2003, 05:55 AM
On 2003-04-24 01:07, Danderdag wrote:
it's probably an issue with the game code for the keyboard mapping, because it exists in PSOX as well (just got my KB adapter today).

This is an issue with the adapter or keyboard it self with the GameCube.

PSO supports MULTIPLE keyboard layouts so it can be used in different regions.

The keyboard (or adapter) MUST tell the GameCube what region it so PSO CAN map the keys correctly. If it sends a JP code it sets the keyboard in JP region regardless of what the game is set to or what kind of keyboard is plugged into it.

Datel should have put the correct codes into their adapter. I know it supports US layout becuase MY ADPATER is IN US LAYOUT and works exactly as what is written on the keyboard.

BlairFoxx
Apr 24, 2003, 10:25 AM
I ordered my keyboard the first day of pre-ordering as well, and I STILL don't have the damn thing! I'm getting really pissed. They don't respond to ANY of my emails, so I can't get the tracking number. I'm gonn have flooding them with hate mail to get a response.

Dime
Apr 24, 2003, 02:12 PM
I saw a cool keybaord adaptor at Lan Kwei, but does anyone know if they ship to the US?

Too bad about the powerboards though, good luck in getting them soon.

Kthak
Apr 24, 2003, 03:11 PM
Oh yes! My keyboard just came right now.... so happy.

Dime
Apr 24, 2003, 03:56 PM
On 2003-04-24 13:11, Kthak wrote:

From codejunkies?

Barubary6
Apr 24, 2003, 05:32 PM
[post deleted; was meant for a private message.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barubary6 on 2003-04-24 17:51 ]</font>

Kthak
Apr 24, 2003, 06:22 PM
On 2003-04-24 13:56, Dime wrote:

On 2003-04-24 13:11, Kthak wrote:

From codejunkies?

Yes Codejunkies.

Temjin-On
Jul 12, 2003, 10:02 PM
Well, Im thinking of buying my Keyboard From Lik Sang. Im either going powerboard, or im buying an adapter offline and using my pc keyboard. (PC and GC are 2 feet apart so sharing a kb woundt be soo hard.)But i wish i could use my good ol dreamcast keyboard.