PDA

View Full Version : Long loading times?

Kokurokoki
Jun 29, 2015, 11:42 PM
PSO is taking a long time to load for my sister who plays with me. Before it used to boot up right away. But after logging in it takes almost 10 minutes to do anything from logging in to booting up the character to even loading into the lobby.

Any idea what happened? Before it used to load just fine. I noticed this happened after I tried to play on the home PC. I usually play on my laptop but one night I wanted to see how it handled on a more powerful machine. I remember that the game prompted me for a confirmation code to make sure I wasn't hacking anyone's account since I was using a different account on a different computer.

Is it just lag? Is there something more?

EDIT: When she went to the lobby her game crashed. Any ideas?

wefwq
Jun 30, 2015, 07:06 PM
Sounds like vaulty hard disk?
Try to load and play PSO2 from different hard disk?

Network lag can also cause severely long loading times, but the game itself will still appear smooth (as in frame per seconds presentation).

Aeris
Jul 1, 2015, 05:03 AM
Loading times depends on your fps which is mostly based on what hardware specs you're running it on and as well network if its stable mostly, reason why you got the code on your screen is due to a change of hardware ID from the previous PC you was on, its there for a safety precaution incase someone login with your account on another PC than the one you logged in with.

Also tell her to go into the documents folder and delete the user.pso2 to reset settings for pso2 and reconfigure them after restarting the client, also do a "check for pso2 updates" on tweaker or click on the third icon from the top on the official launcher to do a full file check for the crashing issue.