PDA

View Full Version : PSOX and memory cards.

xTodders
Apr 23, 2003, 08:58 PM
Grr.. I cannot find the answer to this anywhere.. but does anyone know if it's possible to move characters from one gamertag to another for the X-Box version?

I tried the 'Move to Memory Card' option, but that only moves it TO the memory card.. I can't find out how to retrieve it back to the hard disk.

Just asking because I originally created my character using my brothers gamertag and I've since gotten my own, and know I don't want to lose it.. *sniffs* ^_^

Anyone have any thoughts? Or might someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The_Pew
Apr 23, 2003, 10:33 PM
sorry buddy, i have no clue but ill ask around.

burst
Apr 23, 2003, 10:48 PM
The character is connnected to the gamertag it was originally created on. You'll have to recreate your character.

Danderdag
Apr 24, 2003, 03:08 AM
Yes, the gamertag is basically the same as your PSO account on other versions, or your DC serial number on the DC version. You cannot get rid of it.

Shoryu
Apr 24, 2003, 03:38 AM
whoa whoa whoa! no , no, look, you can copy it to the hard drive! when it asks for the gamertag used, select yours, then when it asks for the character to load, scroll over to 'temporary character'.
click that, and it will move it to your hard disk, and you should be able to play.. but it'll only be on the memcard.. not the HD..

xTodders
Apr 24, 2003, 05:51 AM
Ohh, thanks.. excellent.. I suppose that's better then nothing. That's what I missed about the DC version.. you could take it everywhere (except for the whole thing about one character per memory card).. but grr, this is hard to get used to..

Thanks a bunch!

On 2003-04-24 01:38, Shoryu wrote:
whoa whoa whoa! no , no, look, you can copy it to the hard drive! when it asks for the gamertag used, select yours, then when it asks for the character to load, scroll over to 'temporary character'.
click that, and it will move it to your hard disk, and you should be able to play.. but it'll only be on the memcard.. not the HD..

Danderdag
Apr 24, 2003, 06:35 AM
But the fact is you CANNOT change the gamertag associated with the character, if you don't want to use your brothers you MUST make a new character.

rena-ko
Apr 24, 2003, 06:49 AM
you have your gamertag (and set of chara) on the same console as your brothers tag (and set of chara)?

then, you can level your chara offline with your gamertag, but once you want to go online, you'll have to transfer it back (to where it actually belongs) and play with your brothers gamertag.

if youre not really far (and that would mean past level 40 or so), make a new chara on your own gamertag, transfer all the (good) stuff you had on your 1st chara to that new chara and start anew. its way less troublesome, i'd say ^_^;

Danderdag
Apr 24, 2003, 08:10 AM
You can never have it transferred 'to' your gamertag. If you play offline it doesn't matter anyway, but technically it will still always be registered to that tag. Just transfer the items, including the mag, getting levels will be easy (moving your mag will buff your character up substantially unless your mag is REALLY low level.)