PDA

View Full Version : PSP Are the PSP2 servers still up?

Kami-kun
Jul 20, 2015, 10:39 PM
Hey! i just recently picked up an old PSP3000 and was wondering if PSP2 servers will still open? i tried getting on but there seems to be no access to the PSN store on the psp anymore /:

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 22, 2015, 06:37 PM
they're still up but not many people play aside afkers or hackers sadly

r00tabaga
Sep 29, 2015, 01:43 PM
Tried to get on today but can't. Are they officially down???

blace
Sep 29, 2015, 05:23 PM
I'm not surprised if they are shutdown. It was taking up space since a lot of players moved to PSP2i. And let's not forget how well the PSP was and its successor.

Really it's about time if anything.

Was there an error code when trying to log in per chance?

r00tabaga
Sep 29, 2015, 07:51 PM
Yeah Blace, like error 403 or something. I've been playing offline recently and just decided to jump on and can't. It's understandable if it is finally down.

blace
Sep 29, 2015, 10:35 PM
403 is a permission error. I can try connecting to it later on and see if I get the same error message.

It's a possible indicator that the servers might be down.

Edit: Tried connecting and got a got error sg 3126. Not quite sure what this means, but it looks like it's about time to use the PSP emulator if you want to keep playing.

EvilMag
Sep 30, 2015, 08:44 PM
403 is a permission error. I can try connecting to it later on and see if I get the same error message.

It's a possible indicator that the servers might be down.

Edit: Tried connecting and got a got error sg 3126. Not quite sure what this means, but it looks like it's about time to use the PSP emulator if you want to keep playing.
I believe thats the same error message that's used for PSP2i when trying to connect online.

r00tabaga
Oct 1, 2015, 12:54 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted! At least I can still ad-hoc with my brother and friends.

EvilMag
Oct 1, 2015, 12:57 PM
So this marks another NA/EU Phantasy Star server where it's shutdown got screwed up. gj Sega.

blace
Oct 1, 2015, 02:19 PM
I was expecting the server shutdown to happen sooner since they never fixed any of the flaws it had. There was the whole Sega NA restructuring as well, moving to a smaller office because lack of funds for everywhere but Japan.

arena128
Oct 7, 2015, 04:52 PM
The last days i tried to connect too on PSP2 and PSP2i and i got the same message error (sg3126). I sent an email to Sega and ask them is the servers down or up and if is possible to fix them.

blace
Oct 8, 2015, 12:09 AM
The last days i tried to connect too on PSP2 and PSP2i and i got the same message error (sg3126). I sent an email to Sega and ask them is the servers down or up and if is possible to fix them.

In the case of PSP2, it could be anything. However, I'm placing my guesses on the restructuring and disabling the servers to save whatever money is left. PSP2i announced they were shutting the servers down on the 29th of last month. Both games are on an outdated handheld system for a number of years already.

Sega won't bring them back because PSO2 is their current cash cow and majority of their focus is porting it to the PS4.

r00tabaga
Oct 8, 2015, 10:04 AM
I had more fun with PSPo2 than any other Phantasy Star game since Dreamcast. I would much rather have an HD console version of this than a localized PSO2, although neither is gonna happen. I'm usually a graphics whore but this is a game I still play a lot of off line. If they ported it to PS4 or XB1 I'd probably have a heart attack.

Mystic_Nessly
Oct 10, 2015, 01:23 AM
... it looks like it's about time to use the PSP emulator if you want to keep playing.

Indeed! Don't fret. PPSSPP is awesome! Just played some challenge mode over PPSSPP and Evolve VPN. I'm not going to lie. Sometimes connectivity over VPN and PPSSPP is really flaky, but once it's working it's glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb2i_CQgJgI

If you choose NOT to use the emulator, you should still be able to play with others (using your PSP). You'll need custom firmware on your PSP so that you can connect to the Prometheus server. You'll also need to enable UPnP and/or DMZ. A guide can be found here:
http://forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14

SuperCentipede
Nov 20, 2015, 06:22 AM
Are you able to use your existing PSPo2 characters in PPSSPP?

Mystic_Nessly
Nov 20, 2015, 01:16 PM
Are you able to use your existing PSPo2 characters in PPSSPP?

Indeed. Just copy your savedata into the respective folder in the emulator folder. The next time you boot up the emulator, it'll automatically recognize all your game saves. You can even transfer game saves from the emulator to the PSP console the same way.

Play on-the-go or at your computer. Pretty awesome. :}