PDA

View Full Version : PC PSO:BB server question

Rickjaemz
Jul 30, 2015, 07:23 AM
So a friend and I wanted to play PSO:BB unaltered among our selves, at home(s), in privacy.

a certain place has certain features and they are turning us away with shadowy actions. Any advice? I know I cant ask for all the information I require here though.

SStrikerR
Jul 30, 2015, 09:54 AM
Your post is too vague. What "certain features" did you want that you don't already have? And what are these "shadowy actions"? I can't imagine that any of the servers would do anything besides refuse to give you their code to copy, which isn't exactly shadowy.

Rickjaemz
Aug 1, 2015, 06:02 PM
I was merely implying that a certain server has/had a file in its directory that specificly tries weeding out cheaters but in many cases caused alot to lose important unsaved data just because they browsed PSO-world and other PSO fan sites. Thats the "Shadowy" actions. A virus to protect players, but with a flaw. Also that server had recently gone down and never had many active players remaining anyway

We want a normal PSO:BB experience, as it originally was setup. No added weapons, no special quests (except the bonus content and otherwise original), and fixes were possible. Never asked anyone directly for a copy of any source codes, haven't any idea who to ask.

Crazyleo
Aug 1, 2015, 10:55 PM
I believe you can set up your own server to play on. Don't know the specifics personally, but Google should have the answers.

DC_PLAYER
Aug 2, 2015, 01:36 PM
In programing we here often consider those tactics as "killing an ant with a cannon ball"
It certainly works, but you also make a hole on the wall.

Google is your friend, there are websites that give you all the documentation and files to start your own private server for PSOBB.