PDA

View Full Version : Game freezing at Quna

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 2, 2015, 03:27 PM
I'm coming across a bizarre problem. I'm currently attempting to do Matter Board 1-9, but I'm stuck on the second conversation with Quna. Approaching her triggers a cutscene transition, but it stays on a black screen indefinitely and seems to be wreaking havoc on my PC. Note that, under normal circumstances, I have no problems running this game on high settings, and no other point in the game seems to be locking up like this.

I am using Tweaker and the full English patch. I don't really want to resort to reinstalling the game, but I'm wondering if maybe something got corrupted.

Anduril
Aug 2, 2015, 03:29 PM
Have you run a file check? If there are corrupted files, doing that should find and fix them.

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 2, 2015, 03:34 PM
Have you run a file check? If there are corrupted files, doing that should find and fix them.

How would I go about doing this?

Anduril
Aug 2, 2015, 03:37 PM
How would I go about doing this?
In the Tweaker, hit the orb, go to troubleshooting and hit "Check for Old/Missing Files." Make sure you restore your Story Patch backup first or you'll end up downloading ~3GB since doing this will restore the game to Vanilla.

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 2, 2015, 05:14 PM
I tried it and now it's back to normal. Thanks for the help. The cutscene works now and I can finally continue my MB.