PDA

View Full Version : Rarity of Certain Items

Droxitr
Apr 24, 2003, 09:22 AM
Grinders, specifically. I am in Normal, not yet cleared Caves, and have found two grinders, two di, and a single tri.

Are these common or am I lucky? Also, depending on how common they are, should I use them on 'regular' weapons that I like, or should I save them for rares?

Hmmm... anyone know what the max grind for a Mechgun is? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

gideonx
Apr 24, 2003, 10:28 AM
Grinders are "common" items. Meaning you can find them anywhere in the game and you can build an abundance of them. BUT

They are not common enough to waste on normal weapons. Somepeople (including me) think it's a waste to even use them on anything less than a 10 star item (aside from high hit% charge Vulcans).
Also you need to fully grind certain normal items to create new ones.

I would save them until you find a rare that you are gonna use for a long time. That's what i would do.

Also max grinder stats. I have no idea on the normal stuff, but don't waste them. All rare items should have max grinders posted on the site.

travis-8
Apr 24, 2003, 11:15 AM
hey droxitr are you new to pso? and the commoness(not a real word i dont think) of monogriders also varies with IDs. if your yellowboze your prone to getting more gronders than with any other ID.gideon has a good point.dont waste them.and since your on normal where you dont get a lot of rares. save all the grinders till like v-hard and ultimate modes.

Droxitr
Apr 24, 2003, 05:47 PM
Thanks all. I am Yellowboze, by the way. I went with my initial hunch and didn't use any of the grinders yet.