PDA

View Full Version : Windows Aero?

(Idola)
Aug 13, 2015, 08:06 PM
Don't know if it's still referred to as Windows Aero in Windows 10, but I'm trying to figure out how to shut it off so I can minimize the graphic resources being hogged by the OS.

I've tried looking through "Personalize", but am struggling to find anything like it. I have Home Premium edition.

Thanks in advance to the Windows 10 gurus.

Aeris
Aug 13, 2015, 08:50 PM
Aero Glass has been removed since Win 8 and Win 10 use solid window colors now so its not there anymore.

(Idola)
Aug 14, 2015, 05:42 AM
Okay. Thanks.

Are there any other graphic settings I can tweak that might slightly improve gpu performance?

jooozek
Aug 14, 2015, 05:58 AM
if disabling aero raised your framerate time to upgrade your potato as there is no magical tweaks aside of stuff that you have in the launcher/ingame video settings

(Idola)
Aug 15, 2015, 06:52 PM
But I like my potato. XD

I didn't notice a framrate increase, moreso the overall performance seemed to be improved. I did run out and throw a gtx 960 in to see if that would change anything, but it seems I still get the same hiccups, just not quite as large. Previous gpu was a gtx 650.

I'm starting to wonder at this point if it's my cpu (AMD Athlon II X4 @3.10ghz), Sega's shitty coding, or both...