PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 No sound or lock on no longer working after reinstalling windows

FacelessRed
Sep 15, 2015, 03:35 PM
So... My sound in game is gone and I can no longer lock-on. My PC's OS hard drive failed and I had to reinstall my PC from 3 years ago Windows 7 SP1 to present Windows 10.

Besides that taking like 15 hours (with 3 hours of "how the does windows not carry basic network drivers? how do you get internet drivers without internet omg!::expletive expletive expletive::") I've returned to find PSO2 is no longer functioning as intended...

Anyone know any "Let's not re install the entire game again and cry tears of blood, fixes?"

KroDragon
Sep 15, 2015, 04:07 PM
Are your sound drivers up to date? You can check this by going into the Device Manager, looking for your sound driver, right clicking and checking if they are. As for the lock-on, I believe someone had a problem with this awhile ago on this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230291) thread . I'm not sure if it got resolved, but you can look through it if you want.

Also before you do that, run a file check through Tweaker, maybe something didn't get downloaded? You can also try running the game OUTSIDE of Tweaker by going into the pso2_bin folder and launching the launcher from there. (it'll check files the files aswell, albeit a bit longer.)

FacelessRed
Sep 15, 2015, 04:39 PM
Are your sound drivers up to date? You can check this by going into the Device Manager, looking for your sound driver, right clicking and checking if they are. As for the lock-on, I believe someone had a problem with this awhile ago on this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230291) thread . I'm not sure if it got resolved, but you can look through it if you want.

Also before you do that, run a file check through Tweaker, maybe something didn't get downloaded? You can also try running the game OUTSIDE of Tweaker by going into the pso2_bin folder and launching the launcher from there. (it'll check files the files aswell, albeit a bit longer.)

Yeah totally reinstalling. basically I was running the game from my non broken HD which means it wasn't registered by the OS hopefully it works. thanks for the links

FacelessRed
Sep 15, 2015, 06:21 PM
Hah, nope not working.. oh man this better not end my PSO career.

Solved the sound issue with installing Direct X 9.0c (seriously why isn't direct x 12 backwards functional I have no idea)

Now to see if I can target and lockon.

Didn't work at first, but a full button reset fixed that.

Back in PSO... yay.

KroDragon
Sep 15, 2015, 06:42 PM
Haha, glad everything worked out.