PDA

View Full Version : Hiatus question

ravaonna
Sep 17, 2015, 11:31 AM
I recently returned from about a month long hiatus from the game and now my MAG glows purple. What the heck is that? Also, I occasionally get a purple ring around my character, from the MAG, I assume. What does this all mean? Any help would be appreciated.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 17, 2015, 12:34 PM
I recently returned from about a month long hiatus from the game and now my MAG glows purple. What the heck is that? Also, I occasionally get a purple ring around my character, from the MAG, I assume. What does this all mean? Any help would be appreciated.

Mags have a new trigger called an SP action when they hit lvl200.

When it glows purple, it is ready to activate.

It takes a fixed amount of time to get ready.

It only activates when you hit/get hit by a (sub)boss.

Striking mags have a rapid slash attack that recovers PP, and increases the owner's damage slightly for each hit that lands for a period of time.

Ranged mags have a rapid fire attack that hits numerous times (more than the striking), and restores PP.

Tech mags increase the owner's tech cast speed slightly (borderline unnoticeable).

Dex mags grant the owner a powerful massive hunter effect for a very short time.

Devices to change between these cost 50 cubes.

Perfect Chaos
Sep 17, 2015, 02:19 PM
It only activates when you hit/get hit by a (sub)boss.This is true except with the exception of the Barrier SP Action, which triggers no matter what hits you as long as it's ready.
But this one is probably the worse one, since it has double the cooldown (4 mins instead of 2) of the others but only 1/4 of the effect duration. Plus, since it triggers when anything hits you, it'll be wasted if a trash mob happens to nick you.
From "purple ring", I take it that it's a T-ATK Mag? Like the above post mentioned, it's hardly noticeable. I'm still using it on my Force, but I'm always debating on changing it to the R-ATK SP Action for the PP recovery.

Kondibon
Sep 17, 2015, 03:44 PM
I'm still using it on my Force, but I'm always debating on changing it to the R-ATK SP Action for the PP recovery.I switched to the r-atk one, and it's a lot more useful and noticable, especially if you're casting on a class like Te/Br or something.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 17, 2015, 05:29 PM
I'm still using it on my Force, but I'm always debating on changing it to the R-ATK SP Action for the PP recovery.

I would.

Also, I did not know the dex mag would trigger so freely (which actually makes it even worse in some situations), but yes, I forgot to mention it has twice the cooldown.

ravaonna
Sep 17, 2015, 09:50 PM
Thank you for all the replies. I have a 200 T-ATK MAG on my T/H tank, so that ability isn't particularly useful for me. I'll probably change it to the Striking one or the Dexterity one, whichever seems more useful.

Perfect Chaos
Sep 17, 2015, 10:29 PM
I would.But then I lose the cool magic circle-like effect! XD