PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard updated, now PSO2 crashes on intro

Jay6
Oct 8, 2015, 07:32 PM
A friend of mine can't get her game to run anymore after the game was down for maintenance (October 7th 2015), and Gameguard updated. When the game starts, it opens the PSO2 window, the mouse cursor appears, and sometimes it'll play the SEGA logo, but it'll just hang on that. No error box appears, it just simply doesn't respond. She tried to do a fresh install the game, and that didn't fix anything. Added gameguard/pso2 to her antivirus' whitelist (MSE), didn't fix. Turned off her antivirus, didn't fix. Windows Defender is disabled. Deleted the GameGuard folder, and it redownloaded; didn't fix. Ran file checks, didn't fix. Also, these tests were done using the official launcher and tweaker.

Ram: 4GB
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 7790

If anyone has any idea what is going on, please help out. I've been trying to look up a solution for a while now, but I have yet to see one.

A total stranger
Oct 9, 2015, 10:54 AM
Hi, this has been happening to me too... I played PSO2 for quite sometime... stuff like this already happen to me before, however it was ''fixable''.

I would just like to know if there's more people with the same problem as OP and Me.

I've tried of everything:

-I fixed permissions countless times.

-I fixed .exe's (even had a friend of mine to send me their's)

-Reinstalled the game twice. (the excruciating pain.... T_T)

-Manually went to the gameguard file ''npggNT.des'', used ''TakeOwnership'' and then changed it's permissions there.

Eitherway... after all that... everytime I try to run the game, G-Guard gets his hands on the specified file above and just... ''fixes'' it back to how it was, without permissions. XD

I do not know if this is truly an error regarding to G-Guard but... everything seems to be pointing towards it.

Well, can't think of anything more to feed with info.

With utmost regards.
- A total stranger :)

FLxHellHound
Oct 9, 2015, 12:35 PM
Same problem absolutely killing me trying to fix it. Played the game fine for years up to now. Using tweaker, tried every fix in the tweaker, redownloaded and reinstalled countless times. Absolutely nothing will fix this problem. Game launches it will play the videos (sometimes) and then during the title screen will just instantly stop responding, this is not some form of slowdown just an instant switch the game process just disappears.

Very recent problem never had anything like it happen before. Help would be very much appreciated.

FLxHellHound
Oct 9, 2015, 01:07 PM
YT: uZsWEnUAhAQ

Uploaded a video that might more clearly explain the problem. Again the game has been running fine up until now. Tried everything I can think of to fix it but will take on board and post back results of any suggestion posted.

A total stranger
Oct 9, 2015, 01:17 PM
YT: uZsWEnUAhAQ

Uploaded a video that might more clearly explain the problem. Again the game has been running fine up until now. Tried everything I can think of to fix it but will take on board and post back results of any suggestion posted.

Hi, same exact thing happens to me however I rarely get to see sega's logo, it goes black first and then unresponsive :(

KroDragon
Oct 9, 2015, 01:58 PM
Check to see if there's updates for Windows. GameGuard is very picky if Windows isan't up to date.

If it's Windows 10, that problem should've been resolved by GameGuard itself! GameGuard recently updated their program to allow it to work with Windows 10.

ALSO, I'm not sure how different Win 7 Ultimate is from Win 7 Professional (the OS I have), but that's all I can say right now until I can figure anything else.

FLxHellHound
Oct 9, 2015, 02:10 PM
Might be onto something with that one. I did have windows update disabled, re enabling it now Kro will update with how it goes, cheers for the idea.

A total stranger
Oct 9, 2015, 05:39 PM
Problem adressed... if you have an AMD video card you might want to disable ''AMD Gaming Evolved''... I read this on another forum and then also remember that it blocked my PSO2 from starting up and aswell as other game.

wefwq
Oct 9, 2015, 11:55 PM
Looks like the problem solved.
For future reference, read this thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230462

FLxHellHound
Oct 11, 2015, 03:09 AM
Cheers guys, yep looks like it was AMD messing with me again. Just one more reason my next build is Nvidia :D